DIY Phone Booth

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Can you share some pictures of the storage area? It will help us come up with ideas.
Also - is there electrical in the room already?

···

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Jensen Yancey [email protected] wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Aaron Cruikshank
Principal, CRUIKSHANK

phone: 778.908.4560

e-mail: [email protected]

web: cruikshank.me

twitter: @cruikshank

book a meeting: doodle.com/cruikshank

linkedin: in/cruikshank

Here are a few options to explore:

https://psproefrock.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/the-workantile-phone-booth/

http://workdesign.com/2012/09/coworking-is-smart-working-at-credit-suisse/

https://www.pinterest.com/Adequation/amenagement/

http://www.myoficio.com/coworking.htm

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=cowoking+phone+booths&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

···

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Aaron Cruikshank [email protected] wrote:

Can you share some pictures of the storage area? It will help us come up with ideas.
Also - is there electrical in the room already?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Aaron Cruikshank
Principal, CRUIKSHANK

phone: 778.908.4560

e-mail: [email protected]

web: cruikshank.me

twitter: @cruikshank

book a meeting: doodle.com/cruikshank

linkedin: in/cruikshank

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Jensen Yancey [email protected] wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

JAYMES HINES | STARTUP EDTECH
Founder, Innovation Evangelist
2901 Tasman Drive, Suite 107 | Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 323.217.5619

**We Help Accelerate Education Entrepreneurs Startup Success **

Mobile App Builds & Hackathons | Digital Marketing | Business Development

Hi Jensen,
Our architects recommended this stand-alone product: http://www.buzzispace.com/products/buzzibooth

It’s made of an acoustical material and supposedly works great. We haven’t tried it yet and based on some quick searches, it seems pretty pricey (around $7k - $8k each?).

I’d be curious to know if anyone has tried a Buzzibooth or similar product. Seems like a great solution though.

Keith

···

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 12:53:26 PM UTC-7, Jensen Yancey wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3gHx4GPZo

···

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Keith Yang [email protected] wrote:

Hi Jensen,
Our architects recommended this stand-alone product: http://www.buzzispace.com/products/buzzibooth

It’s made of an acoustical material and supposedly works great. We haven’t tried it yet and based on some quick searches, it seems pretty pricey (around $7k - $8k each?).

I’d be curious to know if anyone has tried a Buzzibooth or similar product. Seems like a great solution though.

Keith

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 12:53:26 PM UTC-7, Jensen Yancey wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Derek Neighbors

http://derekneighbors.com

Mobile: 480-335-9746

Connect With Me

Linked In : http://linkedin.com/in/dneighbors

Twitter : http://twitter.com/dneighbors

Cool to see the Buzzibooth - without having ever seen it, we built something very similar ourselves!

We made them extra wide, too, so that if two people can stand next to each other comfortably on a Google Hangout call or something like it. They’re just enough to keep most noise made on a call contained to the hood…and keep out enough of the nearby room noise, too…without feeling like you’re trapped in a closet or dredging up memories of cubicles.

One of our members is an architect, and she came up with the plans to re-use some of our old larger Ikea desks for this hooded standing desk area - https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5cky4t35qouqhyh/AAAAV4xRsCAeVWtBEKVYPcmXa

Our friends at a local fablab were able to cut the end pieces (the big pieces of heavy duty ply) to her design - and we only needed to manufacture those pieces. Everything else is the larger ~3’ wide Ikea desks. We added some acoustic foam, table top lamps, power plugs, and ran ethernet into each booth to help people making internet-based calls have a stable internet connection.

1 year later I can say that they get used SO much more than the other options we’ve had!

-Alex

···

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Derek Neighbors [email protected] wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3gHx4GPZo

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com

Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Keith Yang [email protected] wrote:

Hi Jensen,
Our architects recommended this stand-alone product: http://www.buzzispace.com/products/buzzibooth

It’s made of an acoustical material and supposedly works great. We haven’t tried it yet and based on some quick searches, it seems pretty pricey (around $7k - $8k each?).

I’d be curious to know if anyone has tried a Buzzibooth or similar product. Seems like a great solution though.

Keith

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 12:53:26 PM UTC-7, Jensen Yancey wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Derek Neighbors

http://derekneighbors.com

Mobile: 480-335-9746

Connect With Me

Linked In : http://linkedin.com/in/dneighbors

Twitter : http://twitter.com/dneighbors

Alex, that booth looks like EXACTLY what we need. I’m trying to figure out the design, though, what’s that U shaped area behind the hood?

···

On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 1:34:29 PM UTC-5, Alex Hillman wrote:

Cool to see the Buzzibooth - without having ever seen it, we built something very similar ourselves!

We made them extra wide, too, so that if two people can stand next to each other comfortably on a Google Hangout call or something like it. They’re just enough to keep most noise made on a call contained to the hood…and keep out enough of the nearby room noise, too…without feeling like you’re trapped in a closet or dredging up memories of cubicles.

One of our members is an architect, and she came up with the plans to re-use some of our old larger Ikea desks for this hooded standing desk area - https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5cky4t35qouqhyh/AAAAV4xRsCAeVWtBEKVYPcmXa

Our friends at a local fablab were able to cut the end pieces (the big pieces of heavy duty ply) to her design - and we only needed to manufacture those pieces. Everything else is the larger ~3’ wide Ikea desks. We added some acoustic foam, table top lamps, power plugs, and ran ethernet into each booth to help people making internet-based calls have a stable internet connection.

1 year later I can say that they get used SO much more than the other options we’ve had!

-Alex


The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com

Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Derek Neighbors [email protected] wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3gHx4GPZo

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Keith Yang [email protected] wrote:

Hi Jensen,
Our architects recommended this stand-alone product: http://www.buzzispace.com/products/buzzibooth

It’s made of an acoustical material and supposedly works great. We haven’t tried it yet and based on some quick searches, it seems pretty pricey (around $7k - $8k each?).

I’d be curious to know if anyone has tried a Buzzibooth or similar product. Seems like a great solution though.

Keith

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 12:53:26 PM UTC-7, Jensen Yancey wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Derek Neighbors

http://derekneighbors.com

Mobile: 480-335-9746

Connect With Me

Linked In : http://linkedin.com/in/dneighbors

Twitter : http://twitter.com/dneighbors

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

The U-shaped area serves 2 purposes:

1 - The booth is near one of our windows, and the “slot” keeps the big hood from blocking out a lot of valuable sunlight.

2 - it creates some space between the two hoods so sound is less likely to travel between the two areas that are back to back. Not soundproofing by any means, but avoiding the “my hotel had paper thin walls so I could hear EVERYTHING next door” effect.

I can share plans, but the exact dimensions are based on a custom install that we did so I’m not sure how helpful they’d be.

-Alex

···

The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com

Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Jensen Yancey [email protected] wrote:

Alex, that booth looks like EXACTLY what we need. I’m trying to figure out the design, though, what’s that U shaped area behind the hood?

On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 1:34:29 PM UTC-5, Alex Hillman wrote:

Cool to see the Buzzibooth - without having ever seen it, we built something very similar ourselves!

We made them extra wide, too, so that if two people can stand next to each other comfortably on a Google Hangout call or something like it. They’re just enough to keep most noise made on a call contained to the hood…and keep out enough of the nearby room noise, too…without feeling like you’re trapped in a closet or dredging up memories of cubicles.

One of our members is an architect, and she came up with the plans to re-use some of our old larger Ikea desks for this hooded standing desk area - https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5cky4t35qouqhyh/AAAAV4xRsCAeVWtBEKVYPcmXa

Our friends at a local fablab were able to cut the end pieces (the big pieces of heavy duty ply) to her design - and we only needed to manufacture those pieces. Everything else is the larger ~3’ wide Ikea desks. We added some acoustic foam, table top lamps, power plugs, and ran ethernet into each booth to help people making internet-based calls have a stable internet connection.

1 year later I can say that they get used SO much more than the other options we’ve had!

-Alex


The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com

Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Derek Neighbors [email protected] wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3gHx4GPZo

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Keith Yang [email protected] wrote:

Hi Jensen,
Our architects recommended this stand-alone product: http://www.buzzispace.com/products/buzzibooth

It’s made of an acoustical material and supposedly works great. We haven’t tried it yet and based on some quick searches, it seems pretty pricey (around $7k - $8k each?).

I’d be curious to know if anyone has tried a Buzzibooth or similar product. Seems like a great solution though.

Keith

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 12:53:26 PM UTC-7, Jensen Yancey wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Derek Neighbors

http://derekneighbors.com

Mobile: 480-335-9746

Connect With Me

Linked In : http://linkedin.com/in/dneighbors

Twitter : http://twitter.com/dneighbors

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

We split an 8ft x 4ft closet into 2 phone rooms with glass doors. They’re not sound-proof by any stretch of the imagination but people like them. Each has a small desk, chair and lamp. They get used most often for conference calls on skype or hangouts. Cost was $1,000 for the carpentry.

···

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 1:53:26 PM UTC-6, Jensen Yancey wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

We did something similar to Angel. We built a T-shaped wall with 2 doors to subdivide part of a small room. We added soundproofing the wall between the 2 phone rooms. Later we found out how much sound is transferred by the other plaster walls, so we added a foam insulation (Airkrete) as soundproofing to the wall shared with the adjacent meeting room. The rooms get used quite a bit and even with the glass doors, it works ok.

Glen Ferguson

Phone: 301-732-5165

Email: [email protected]

Website: http://coworkfrederick.com

Address: 122 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701

···

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Angel Kwiatkowski [email protected] wrote:

We split an 8ft x 4ft closet into 2 phone rooms with glass doors. They’re not sound-proof by any stretch of the imagination but people like them. Each has a small desk, chair and lamp. They get used most often for conference calls on skype or hangouts. Cost was $1,000 for the carpentry.

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 1:53:26 PM UTC-6, Jensen Yancey wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

We were lucky that the space we are using already had phone booths built in - our space used to be a resource centre.

We had to re-build the wall that was between, but just a little decoration made it all seem kind of homey.

https://www.facebook.com/thecleveroffice/photos/pb.588548787932286.-2207520000.1429991304./760840214036475/?type=3&theater

Kinda cute, and with a white noise system in place it will help immensely with more privacy throughout our space.

···

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 3:53:26 PM UTC-4, Jensen Yancey wrote:

Hey everyone,

We have an open plan coworking office, and the number one thing I get asked for (and also the number one reason prospective members don’t join) is for a place to take calls. We have a conference room, but it’s on the other side of the building and people don’t really like to walk all the way over. What we do have is a 75 sq ft storage area that we dont use. It’s not completely walled off (it has a door but no ceiling so it just opens up into the coworking area) and I’ve been wondering if there’s a good DIY way to build a little phone booth in it so that people can take calls without the rest of the office hearing them. Has anyone done a project like that?

Alex,

Is your phone just that without anything behind it? People talk into the enclosure of phone and I’m guessing that dampens it enough not to be private but for the sound to be dimmed enough not to disturb overs.

We enclosed an entryway that we weren’t using by building a wall. It’s not soundproof by any means but it gives people enough privacy.

Craig

Is your phone just that without anything behind it? People talk into the enclosure of phone and I’m guessing that dampens it enough not to be private but for the sound to be dimmed enough not to disturb overs.

Yep, exactly. I wouldn’t usually record a podcast there (though I have), but it’s perfect for phone & Skype calls.

-Alex

···

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking [email protected] wrote:

Alex,

Is your phone just that without anything behind it? People talk into the enclosure of phone and I’m guessing that dampens it enough not to be private but for the sound to be dimmed enough not to disturb overs.

We enclosed an entryway that we weren’t using by building a wall. It’s not soundproof by any means but it gives people enough privacy.

Craig

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com

Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast

I love appreciate the simplicity. If you have any plans laying around I would love to make it happen but if not I can get a good idea from the pictures.

I attached the designs for the end pieces, though again, they’re designed specifically to fit on top of a rail that was already built and in place.

-Alex

Indy Hall panels revised.pdf (59.9 KB)

···

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking [email protected] wrote:

I love appreciate the simplicity. If you have any plans laying around I would love to make it happen but if not I can get a good idea from the pictures.

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com

Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast

We are looking for fully enclosed phone booths that can be moved around. We found some interesting models on Alibaba for $1300 + $875 for shipping that we really like. It costs me about $1750 to hire a contractor come out and build a few walls with a door so it’s comparable to that.

Link to one of the Alibaba products: https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/2016-custom-office-phone-booth-as_60418372557.html

I would love to have something made in the US. It doesn’t need to be made completely soundproof like the ones that are $5000 from Framery. I think there could be a market for a $2000 or less model that is 80% soundproof that gives the person privacy but blocks enough noise that doesn’t disturb others.

If anyone has any plans I would love to have one made? If you have an industrial designer in your space that would be interested in this product then I would love to chat with them.

Hi Craig, did you ever order one of these? Wondering how they are.

···

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 1:18:57 PM UTC-5, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking wrote:

We are looking for fully enclosed phone booths that can be moved around. We found some interesting models on Alibaba for $1300 + $875 for shipping that we really like. It costs me about $1750 to hire a contractor come out and build a few walls with a door so it’s comparable to that.

Link to one of the Alibaba products: https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/2016-custom-office-phone-booth-as_60418372557.html

I would love to have something made in the US. It doesn’t need to be made completely soundproof like the ones that are $5000 from Framery. I think there could be a market for a $2000 or less model that is 80% soundproof that gives the person privacy but blocks enough noise that doesn’t disturb others.

If anyone has any plans I would love to have one made? If you have an industrial designer in your space that would be interested in this product then I would love to chat with them.

Hey Ryan,

Yes, I did order a phone booth off of Alibaba. After all expenses of shipping, tarrifs, fees, etc. it costs under $3000. This is overall a good deal.

https://hxscaffolding.en.alibaba.com/product/60707662526-805136774/Customized_phone_booth_acoustic_office_phone_booth_as_privacy_pods_with_good_quality.html

Here is the real thing:

They look good. They look like a knock-off of Framry. You would be proud to have them in the space but it doesn’t have the perfect touches of a $8000 phone booth. Sound performance needs to be improved. I am going to order one from the manufacturer that I listed above with the hard edges versus the rounded ones.

If anyone wants to go in together on a bulk around they costs a total of $2700 to get them to Denver, plus about $500 for shipping to your location.

Damn, even if it looks good, $3k is a lot to spend on something that “needs sound performance improvements.”

Can you say more about what it needs?

Alex

···

On Dec 4, 2017, 6:59 PM -0500, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking <[email protected]>, wrote:

Hey Ryan,

Yes, I did order a phone booth off of Alibaba. After all expenses of shipping, tarrifs, fees, etc. it costs under $3000. This is overall a good deal.

https://hxscaffolding.en.alibaba.com/product/60707662526-805136774/Customized_phone_booth_acoustic_office_phone_booth_as_privacy_pods_with_good_quality.html

> quote_type
> > quote_type
> > Here is the real thing:

They look good. They look like a knock-off of Framry. You would be proud to have them in the space but it doesn't have the perfect touches of a $8000 phone booth. Sound performance needs to be improved. I am going to order one from the manufacturer that I listed above with the hard edges versus the rounded ones.

If anyone wants to go in together on a bulk around they costs a total of $2700 to get them to Denver, plus about $500 for shipping to your location.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I’ve heard that even the expensive ones aren’t really sound proof but do
the job

···

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 8:53 PM Alex Hillman <[email protected]> wrote:

Damn, even if it looks good, $3k is a lot to spend on something that
“needs sound performance improvements.”

Can you say more about what it needs?

Alex

On Dec 4, 2017, 6:59 PM -0500, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking < > [email protected]>, wrote:

Hey Ryan,

Yes, I did order a phone booth off of Alibaba. After all expenses of
shipping, tarrifs, fees, etc. it costs under $3000. This is overall a good
deal.

https://hxscaffolding.en.alibaba.com/product/60707662526-805136774/Customized_phone_booth_acoustic_office_phone_booth_as_privacy_pods_with_good_quality.html

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PODnoq_SmRs/WiXhMZGw89I/AAAAAAAAruY/JhuAnKxQjCQzWe14w6v68MUXjGqm4o7_ACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_5215.jpg>

Here is the real thing:

They look good. They look like a knock-off of Framry. You would be proud
to have them in the space but it doesn't have the perfect touches of a
$8000 phone booth. Sound performance needs to be improved. I am going to
order one from the manufacturer that I listed above with the hard edges
versus the rounded ones.

*If anyone wants to go in together on a bulk around they costs a total of
$2700 to get them to Denver, plus about $500 for shipping to your location.*

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups "Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/coworking/7KH14yX1SWI/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

Ryan Rodenbeck

Broker/President
Spyglass Realty and Investments
C:512.965.1480 <http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=tel%3A512.965.1480>

[email protected]

*2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Platinum Top 50 Realtor 2011 and 2013
Austin Business Journal Top 50 Realtor *

http://spyglassrealty.com
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spyglassrealty.com%2F>

How is real estate performing in your area?
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fspyglassrealty.com%2Fmarket-snapshots%2F>Information
on Brokerage Services
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trec.state.tx.us%2Fpdf%2Fcontracts%2FOP-K.pdf>

[image: Facebook]
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSpyglassRealty>
[image: Twitter]
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fbuyaustininvest>
[image: LinkedIn]
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Fspyglassrealty%2F>
[image: Google]
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=https%3A%2F%2Fplus.google.com%2F%2BSpyglassrealty>
[image: YouTube]
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fspyglassrealty>

Texas law requires all real estate licensees to give the following
information about brokerage services:
www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf