Co-working communities with on-site childcare?

Hey, all!

I’m a new member of this community and looking forward to getting involved in the co-working conversation!

We’re in the very early planning stages of a new co-working community in Cincinnati that will offer part-time, on-site childcare. Does anyone have any insights or experience in this space? A recent focus group we hosted indicated that there is a HUGE market for this concept, but we’re still trying to get a handle on how it will actually play out.

We want to be perceived as a sweet co-working community FIRST, then as a community that also offers part-time childcare for working parents. Any insights?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hi Liz,

I am just looking into this idea for WA now.

Very passionate about a creche attached to a co-working space!

Let me know if you come up with any ideas or plans that you want to share!

Jen

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:14:26 PM UTC+8, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

I’m a new member of this community and looking forward to getting involved in the co-working conversation!

We’re in the very early planning stages of a new co-working community in Cincinnati that will offer part-time, on-site childcare. Does anyone have any insights or experience in this space? A recent focus group we hosted indicated that there is a HUGE market for this concept, but we’re still trying to get a handle on how it will actually play out.

We want to be perceived as a sweet co-working community FIRST, then as a community that also offers part-time childcare for working parents. Any insights?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

You should speak to Yusuf @ http://www.third-door.com, they have been operating a similar concept for a year now.

Happy to put you in touch with him, just send me an email at info @ coworkingspace ,com

Regards

Nikhil

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:14:26 PM UTC+1, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Third Door in London
Piano B in Milan

A slightly different concept is mothership hackerspace, in the US (I can’t recall the city)

I was once running the opposite, a nursery where parents would find a quiet corner and fast internet, too :slight_smile:

I believe someone is hosting a community on fb on this subject!

···

Sender: [email protected]

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 03:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

To: [email protected]

ReplyTo: [email protected]

Subject: [Coworking] Re: Co-working communities with on-site childcare?

Hi Elizabeth,

You should speak to Yusuf @ http://www.third-door.com, they have been operating a similar concept for a year now.

Happy to put you in touch with him, just send me an email at info @ coworkingspace ,com

Regards

Nikhil

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:14:26 PM UTC+1, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Elizabeth,

I am in San Diego and this has been a thought of mine for some time. I will be meeting with someone on Friday to see how we can get this started. There is not even a co-working space in my area, and none that have a childcare in place. I think there is a great market for this as well. Thank you @nikhil for mentioning Third-Door. I will be checking that out now.

Sincerely,

Jennylou Raya

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:14:26 AM UTC-7, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hey everyone! Please check out the coworking and childcare google group. Redirecting to Google Groups
Lots of helpful information on this very challenging endeavor! We’ve been struggling in Seattle for over 2 years to find a building to meet childcare licensing requirements and building code requirements.

Happy to talk with anyone interested in learning more!

–Jessie

Works Progress

Ellie’s Coworking + Childcare

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:14:26 AM UTC-7, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

You contacted me about this too. I’m hoping I can get my open this year, but there are a lot of obstacles. I wish you the best because it’s been a long road for me and I haven’t even got the location open yet. : )

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:14:26 AM UTC-4, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth