Co-working communities with on-site childcare?

Hey, all!

I’m a new member of this community and looking forward to getting involved in the co-working conversation!

We’re in the very early planning stages of a new co-working community in Cincinnati that will offer part-time, on-site childcare. Does anyone have any insights or experience in this space? A recent focus group we hosted indicated that there is a HUGE market for this concept, but we’re still trying to get a handle on how it will actually play out.

We want to be perceived as a sweet co-working community FIRST, then as a community that also offers part-time childcare for working parents. Any insights?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hi Liz,

I am just looking into this idea for WA now.

Very passionate about a creche attached to a co-working space!

Let me know if you come up with any ideas or plans that you want to share!

Jen

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:14:26 PM UTC+8, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

I’m a new member of this community and looking forward to getting involved in the co-working conversation!

We’re in the very early planning stages of a new co-working community in Cincinnati that will offer part-time, on-site childcare. Does anyone have any insights or experience in this space? A recent focus group we hosted indicated that there is a HUGE market for this concept, but we’re still trying to get a handle on how it will actually play out.

We want to be perceived as a sweet co-working community FIRST, then as a community that also offers part-time childcare for working parents. Any insights?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

You should speak to Yusuf @ http://www.third-door.com, they have been operating a similar concept for a year now.

Happy to put you in touch with him, just send me an email at info @ coworkingspace ,com

Regards

Nikhil

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:14:26 PM UTC+1, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Third Door in London
Piano B in Milan

A slightly different concept is mothership hackerspace, in the US (I can’t recall the city)

I was once running the opposite, a nursery where parents would find a quiet corner and fast internet, too :slight_smile:

I believe someone is hosting a community on fb on this subject!

···

Sender: [email protected]

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 03:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

To: [email protected]

ReplyTo: [email protected]

Subject: [Coworking] Re: Co-working communities with on-site childcare?

Hi Elizabeth,

You should speak to Yusuf @ http://www.third-door.com, they have been operating a similar concept for a year now.

Happy to put you in touch with him, just send me an email at info @ coworkingspace ,com

Regards

Nikhil

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:14:26 PM UTC+1, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Elizabeth,

I am in San Diego and this has been a thought of mine for some time. I will be meeting with someone on Friday to see how we can get this started. There is not even a co-working space in my area, and none that have a childcare in place. I think there is a great market for this as well. Thank you @nikhil for mentioning Third-Door. I will be checking that out now.

Sincerely,

Jennylou Raya

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:14:26 AM UTC-7, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hey everyone! Please check out the coworking and childcare google group. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/coworking-and-childcare
Lots of helpful information on this very challenging endeavor! We’ve been struggling in Seattle for over 2 years to find a building to meet childcare licensing requirements and building code requirements.

Happy to talk with anyone interested in learning more!

–Jessie

Works Progress

Ellie’s Coworking + Childcare

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:14:26 AM UTC-7, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

You contacted me about this too. I’m hoping I can get my open this year, but there are a lot of obstacles. I wish you the best because it’s been a long road for me and I haven’t even got the location open yet. : )

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:14:26 AM UTC-4, Elizabeth Wood wrote:

Hey, all!

Thanks!

Elizabeth