Any Feedback from People Who Use Nexudus Coworking Software?

We're using Nexudus, for just a few months now. I'm not really happy with how hard it seems to get all our management people up to speed with all the details. Our one IT person is spending tons of time going back and forth, via email, for what seems to be minor issues . Issues that I would have thought would have been documented and placed in a resource manual for new users, given how long and how many people use Nexudus. I feel like we're stuck in limbo land, given the amount if hours we've already invested for our one location. I get the sense that Nexudus may be a really robust product, and I am just a bit too impatient to see a system implemented that just works straight out of the box- which I'm gathering from others comments is just wishful thinking...
Cheers,
Carter

Hi Carter,
What is the name of your space ? Also the disqus link does not work :frowning:

Have a remarkable day

Bernie J Mitchell
0777 204 2012

Are you listening to my podcast? www.berniejmitchell.com

*Unless we agree otherwise, this email conversation is confidential.

···

Sent from my mobile device

On 10 Jun 2016, at 16:19, Carter Rankin <[email protected]> wrote:

We're using Nexudus, for just a few months now. I'm not really happy with how hard it seems to get all our management people up to speed with all the details. Our one IT person is spending tons of time going back and forth, via email, for what seems to be minor issues . Issues that I would have thought would have been documented and placed in a resource manual for new users, given how long and how many people use Nexudus. I feel like we're stuck in limbo land, given the amount if hours we've already invested for our one location. I get the sense that Nexudus may be a really robust product, and I am just a bit too impatient to see a system implemented that just works straight out of the box- which I'm gathering from others comments is just wishful thinking...
Cheers,
Carter

--
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Great feedback on the many pros, and some cons of Nexudus. Do folks have any suggestions for alternate, simpler (even if less robust) space management software?

Thanks,

Lisa

···

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 9:57:13 AM UTC-4, Ender Baykal wrote:

Hello everyone,

We’re still in progress of seeking a platform which meets all our needs at once. However, it’s kind of hard to find a platform like that, because we would like to:

1. manage all the membership payment transactions (charge users, accepting new members(coworkers), canceling memberships etc.)

2. track their check-ins to our space (we don’t want to check them in manually, we already have a HID card reader system that allows people to check-in at the front desk, however this card reader application is integrated with Cobot and if we use another platform instead of Cobot, we are not sure that we will be able to use our current HID system with the new platform)

3. We would like to see our members can interact each other on a single platform by posting events, chatting each other, posting something that they find interesting, or even posting job ads etc.

4. manage our printer system (may be by giving our members some credits in order to use the printers in our coworking space)

5. we want our coworkers(members) can easily book our meeting rooms as well as other resources like phone booths.

Besides all these, the user interface of the platform/software should be extremely simple. It shouldn’t be complicated, it needs to look really simple to people to encourage them to use it.

As I mentioned above, we’re still in progress of finding a platform like this. We came up with Nexudus, but I am not sure if it’s going to be helpful and meet our needs. If anyone who already uses Nexudus can give us a feedback, we would appreciate that. In addition, we also appreciate if you suggest us other softwares.

P.S.: We think Project Management softwares (Basecamp, Podio etc.) can’t help us since they’re quiet expensive and kind of complicated and not very user friendly. They have a lot of apps to allow you to customize it based on your needs, but these are not as simple as other softwares.

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

http://indiegrovejc.com/

Hello Lisa,

Brian from Cobot here. We are the other primary alternative to Nexudus.

And actually, exactly what you asked “simpler space management software” is part of our core philosophy of Cobot, and one of the primary differentiators between Nexudus and Cobot. I don’t think that makes us more robust. We have been doing this for 7 years now and have at least 50,000 members logging into Cobot per month - the platform can handle a lot. But we put a distinct emphasis on quality over quantity.

After all - the second point of our Cobot Manifesto (based on the Coworking Manfiesto) is

Excellence over Versatility

That is where we put a lot of our energy - simplifying and streamlining the process of running your space so that you almost can’t help but do it correctly. And you will find the quality of the experience in Cobot to be top notch, field tested by spaces around the world. We also just updated our backend to be Mobile-Ready and we are updating the user experience to simplify it further as we speak (spring cleaning to have a single UI after 7 years of building out the application)

If you want to give it a shot, you can have a free 30 day trial: https://www.cobot.me/space_users/new_space

We are there with our support team (who also all help run spaces as our second job) to help you with all the ins and outs of getting started on Cobot.

All the best!

Brian and the Cobot Team

···

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 8:11:02 PM UTC+2, Lisa Reiner wrote:

Great feedback on the many pros, and some cons of Nexudus. Do folks have any suggestions for alternate, simpler (even if less robust) space management software?

Thanks,

Lisa

Hello everyone,

We’re still in progress of seeking a platform which meets all our needs at once. However, it’s kind of hard to find a platform like that, because we would like to:

1. manage all the membership payment transactions (charge users, accepting new members(coworkers), canceling memberships etc.)

2. track their check-ins to our space (we don’t want to check them in manually, we already have a HID card reader system that allows people to check-in at the front desk, however this card reader application is integrated with Cobot and if we use another platform instead of Cobot, we are not sure that we will be able to use our current HID system with the new platform)

3. We would like to see our members can interact each other on a single platform by posting events, chatting each other, posting something that they find interesting, or even posting job ads etc.

4. manage our printer system (may be by giving our members some credits in order to use the printers in our coworking space)

5. we want our coworkers(members) can easily book our meeting rooms as well as other resources like phone booths.

Besides all these, the user interface of the platform/software should be extremely simple. It shouldn’t be complicated, it needs to look really simple to people to encourage them to use it.

As I mentioned above, we’re still in progress of finding a platform like this. We came up with Nexudus, but I am not sure if it’s going to be helpful and meet our needs. If anyone who already uses Nexudus can give us a feedback, we would appreciate that. In addition, we also appreciate if you suggest us other softwares.

P.S.: We think Project Management softwares (Basecamp, Podio etc.) can’t help us since they’re quiet expensive and kind of complicated and not very user friendly. They have a lot of apps to allow you to customize it based on your needs, but these are not as simple as other softwares.

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

Grammer correction in second line.
Should be "I don’t think that makes us less robust!

···

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 12:35:57 PM UTC+2, Brian Crotty wrote:

Hello Lisa,

Brian from Cobot here. We are the other primary alternative to Nexudus.

And actually, exactly what you asked “simpler space management software” is part of our core philosophy of Cobot, and one of the primary differentiators between Nexudus and Cobot. I don’t think that makes us more robust. We have been doing this for 7 years now and have at least 50,000 members logging into Cobot per month - the platform can handle a lot. But we put a distinct emphasis on quality over quantity.

After all - the second point of our Cobot Manifesto (based on the Coworking Manfiesto) is

Excellence over Versatility

That is where we put a lot of our energy - simplifying and streamlining the process of running your space so that you almost can’t help but do it correctly. And you will find the quality of the experience in Cobot to be top notch, field tested by spaces around the world. We also just updated our backend to be Mobile-Ready and we are updating the user experience to simplify it further as we speak (spring cleaning to have a single UI after 7 years of building out the application)

If you want to give it a shot, you can have a free 30 day trial: https://www.cobot.me/space_users/new_space

We are there with our support team (who also all help run spaces as our second job) to help you with all the ins and outs of getting started on Cobot.

All the best!

Brian and the Cobot Team

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 8:11:02 PM UTC+2, Lisa Reiner wrote:

Thanks,

Lisa

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

Wiehann,

We just implemented Nexudus for our space and it seems pretty convenient once you get the hang of it (though there is a learning curve, I’ve realized).

Do you have any tips on boosting the SEO of the website and moving your site up in Google rankings? I see yours comes up right away. Or does it just come with time and mean adding more blog posts and content to your website? Right now our website, projectY cowork Los Alamos comes up as the sixth listing when you search for us via Google.

Would appreciate any tips regarding this that you have to share!

Thanks,

Lauren

···

On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 9:21:20 PM UTC-6, [email protected] wrote:

Hi there

I’m the manager at CO-HAB Tonsley (www.co-hab.com.au) and I use Nexudus Software. It really is all you need. It has everything built in.

Invoicing, members directory, room bookings, blogs and more. I’ve completed market research prior to starting CO-HAB and couldn’t find a solution as good as Nexudus. It took a while to get set up but the guys at Nexudus are more than willing to help.

It’s a great platform! I can spend ages and write something similar to what Tom wrote but he sums it up very well.

Cheers

Wiehann

On Thursday, 31 October 2013 00:27:13 UTC+10:30, Ender Baykal wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

Hi all,

Has anyone worked with a contract web developer who has experience customizing your Nexudus website that you would recommend? I’m looking for some sort-term help, doesn’t need to be onsite but I’m located in Boston, MA.

Thanks for any recommendations!
Liz

···

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

Hi everyone-

After my first show on Nexudus last week, Adrian posted some comments on the Youtube page, with some great info. You may already have these links, but I wanted to share, just in case. As a side note, I didn’t know about the forum within Nexudus and checked it out yesterday. I posted a question for a client and received immediate feedback from the Nexudus team, that was a great experience!

Adrian’s comments:

Also, Tiffany and I are doing a deep dive today into some scenarios coworking space managers experience, and how to use the platform to create the best workflow in those situations. We are live at 10am PST and you can post questions to me on Twitter, @iriskavanagh, or watch it later on the archive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsYLVbYVRI

Cheers!

Iris

···

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 1:49:15 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone worked with a contract web developer who has experience customizing your Nexudus website that you would recommend? I’m looking for some sort-term help, doesn’t need to be onsite but I’m located in Boston, MA.

Liz

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

We love NEXUDUS at ScribbleSpace.CO

···

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

Hello everyone,
I am Adolfo from TamboWorks in Miami.

We have been using for over a year.

Our evaluation of the tool:

it provides everything that you need and more in terms of space management, member management and admin support.

user interface is far from great. not easy to get around and find / setup the things you need. This UI limitation is compensated by an excellent user support. Carlos is always there to help.

I would say that we only use 30% of the resources provided by the system

The newly released mobile app is a great tool for members and resource reservations.
We recenty reviewed other coworking software but decided to stick to Nexudus and do an effort to better understand the tool

Best.

···

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

One shortcoming we’ve struggled with is the inability for our members to make recurring bookings. We try to handle those for them but it has been hard to learn this one exception to our otherwise self-serve system of rules. I also think it hinders adoption of the tool for room bookings, in general. I can send “help me help you” gif emails with the best of them but our time would be better served recruiting mentors, organizing events, etc. Have you found this to be a shortcoming as well? If you have ever wanted Nexudus to allow your members to set up recurring room bookings, it would be great if you shared that feedback with Adrian. He has told us that “is something no one else has requested so its very low priority on the list.”

Thanks!
Nate

···

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 4:34:30 AM UTC-7, Adolfo Taylhardat wrote:

Hello everyone,

it provides everything that you need and more in terms of space management, member management and admin support.

user interface is far from great. not easy to get around and find / setup the things you need. This UI limitation is compensated by an excellent user support. Carlos is always there to help.

The newly released mobile app is a great tool for members and resource reservations.
We recenty reviewed other coworking software but decided to stick to Nexudus and do an effort to better understand the tool

Best.

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

We tried self-service recurrent bookings in our previous booking software and it created more problems that it solved! While many members easily understand recurrent bookings, many other didn’t. We ended up having to explain a lot of charges they didn’t anticipate and had many of our rooms booked but vacant. One of the elements that we like most about Nexudus is the simplicity of their member portal, we don’t have to train new members how to use it and the options are limited to those that make sense for most users.

Nexudus supports recurrent bookings made by admins, and that’s how we deal with when one is required. We know what we are doing when making a recurrent booking and that prevents any billing issues down the month or over booking.

Having said that, I understand your needs and member base may be different. One of the greatest things about the member portal system, is that you have full access to all the files in it and they use a neat scripting language to easily extend it. So I’m sure you could build support for recurrent bookings yourself, the back-end already supports it, so I’m pretty sure it is possible bring that to the front-end.

···

On Sunday, 31 July 2016 13:59:06 UTC+1, Nathan Daum wrote:

One shortcoming we’ve struggled with is the inability for our members to make recurring bookings. We try to handle those for them but it has been hard to learn this one exception to our otherwise self-serve system of rules. I also think it hinders adoption of the tool for room bookings, in general. I can send “help me help you” gif emails with the best of them but our time would be better served recruiting mentors, organizing events, etc. Have you found this to be a shortcoming as well? If you have ever wanted Nexudus to allow your members to set up recurring room bookings, it would be great if you shared that feedback with Adrian. He has told us that “is something no one else has requested so its very low priority on the list.”

Thanks!
Nate

Hello everyone,

Best.

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

Thanks Leah, we’ll try getting into the code to see if we can hack out a customization for that. Speaking of which, I’ve been trying to use the document template tool to no avail. I’d like to have an easier way to look at and share the new applicants as they come in, and document templates seems to be the way to do it. Does anyone have a template they use for this that you could share?

···

On Monday, August 1, 2016 at 5:44:16 AM UTC-7, Leah M. wrote:

We tried self-service recurrent bookings in our previous booking software and it created more problems that it solved! While many members easily understand recurrent bookings, many other didn’t. We ended up having to explain a lot of charges they didn’t anticipate and had many of our rooms booked but vacant. One of the elements that we like most about Nexudus is the simplicity of their member portal, we don’t have to train new members how to use it and the options are limited to those that make sense for most users.

Nexudus supports recurrent bookings made by admins, and that’s how we deal with when one is required. We know what we are doing when making a recurrent booking and that prevents any billing issues down the month or over booking.

Having said that, I understand your needs and member base may be different. One of the greatest things about the member portal system, is that you have full access to all the files in it and they use a neat scripting language to easily extend it. So I’m sure you could build support for recurrent bookings yourself, the back-end already supports it, so I’m pretty sure it is possible bring that to the front-end.

On Sunday, 31 July 2016 13:59:06 UTC+1, Nathan Daum wrote:

Thanks!
Nate

Hello everyone,

Best.

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

HI Teresa!

I’m having a hard time getting in touch with the Nexudus team. Could we have a call and screen share to go over some things regarding the site? We are trying to launch the site and still have some outstanding questions.

Thanks!

Erica

···

On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 3:19:28 PM UTC-4, Teresa Jackson wrote:

We use Nexudus software and find it excellent! It can definitely do just about all of what you’re detailed here. The only one I’m not sure about is the door entry integration. I know it can interact with a system called Doorguard but as you already have something in place, you’d need to speak to Adrian at Nexudus about that.

Tom Lewis gave a very helpful and detailed account of the software and yes there are a few limitations to work around like not be able to use pro-rating when changing or ending a price plan but I am sure that this will be available at some point as the software is constantly improving. It hasn’t proved too big an issue for us.

To be honest, I think choosing Nexudus is one of the best decisions for the business we could have made. We use it for connecting members via the directory, calendar events and community board, invoices and direct debits (it connects to GoCardless), managing and booking resources, sending messages, and managing printing use and billing (via another fantastic piece of software called Ezeep)

Also Adrian is one of the nicest and easiest people to deal with. There hasn’t yet been a time where when I have a question about how to do something he hasn’t been able to answer and even if I haven’t worked it out myself yet there is almost always a way that Nexudus can do it! Having great support makes all the difference.

I agree with Tom that it takes a little learning (doesn’t everything) but can’t imagine not having Nexudus now to run my business!

Hope that helps. More than happy to spend a little time screen sharing with you if that would help.

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 1:57:13 PM UTC, Ender Baykal wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

Hi Erica. Please reach out to [email protected] from your admin account email so we can have a look at any questions you have. We have no comms from your email currently.

···

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 4:44:06 PM UTC+1, ericajanehicks wrote:

HI Teresa!

I’m having a hard time getting in touch with the Nexudus team. Could we have a call and screen share to go over some things regarding the site? We are trying to launch the site and still have some outstanding questions.

Thanks!

Erica

We use Nexudus software and find it excellent! It can definitely do just about all of what you’re detailed here. The only one I’m not sure about is the door entry integration. I know it can interact with a system called Doorguard but as you already have something in place, you’d need to speak to Adrian at Nexudus about that.

Tom Lewis gave a very helpful and detailed account of the software and yes there are a few limitations to work around like not be able to use pro-rating when changing or ending a price plan but I am sure that this will be available at some point as the software is constantly improving. It hasn’t proved too big an issue for us.

To be honest, I think choosing Nexudus is one of the best decisions for the business we could have made. We use it for connecting members via the directory, calendar events and community board, invoices and direct debits (it connects to GoCardless), managing and booking resources, sending messages, and managing printing use and billing (via another fantastic piece of software called Ezeep)

Also Adrian is one of the nicest and easiest people to deal with. There hasn’t yet been a time where when I have a question about how to do something he hasn’t been able to answer and even if I haven’t worked it out myself yet there is almost always a way that Nexudus can do it! Having great support makes all the difference.

I agree with Tom that it takes a little learning (doesn’t everything) but can’t imagine not having Nexudus now to run my business!

Hope that helps. More than happy to spend a little time screen sharing with you if that would help.

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

We can’t say enough wonderful things about Nexudus to manage our coworking space. Their support staff, specifically Carlos Almansa, is incredibly responsive and helpful, and have been critical to our rebranding success.

Like any new software, you get out what you put in, and learning how the site was intended for you to use it is very important. It has an abundance of interactive capabilities, and their support staff are always willing to assist AND show me what they did so that I can learn how to do it. Adrian scheduled a call/demo with us as we have some new employees, and it was eye opening just how much we can do from their platform. He also sent us a recording of our demo so that we can archive and go back to in the future.

We highly recommend Nexudus, and appreciate all of their help and high quality customer service!

···

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 9:44:06 AM UTC-6, ericajanehicks wrote:

HI Teresa!

Thanks!

Erica

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

Hi Adrian,

Someone had brought up that the Nexudus spaces are running ASP.net code on Windows IIS servers— which they refer to as outdated with security problems. I am hoping you can address this, as it is one of our main concerns as we consider signing up with Nexudus.

Thanks

···

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 7:51:51 AM UTC-8, Adrian Palacios wrote:

Hi Erica. Please reach out to [email protected] from your admin account email so we can have a look at any questions you have. We have no comms from your email currently.

HI Teresa!

Thanks!

Erica

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

You can let your colleague to never trust server response headers, they tend to lie :wink: Regardless, there is nothing wrong with IIS or asp.net in terms of security. Well known companies like StackOverflow, Acenture, GoDaddy, RackSpace, Samsung and a myriad of other companies run a lot of their infrastructure on .net/IIS/asp.net. We run a mixture of things depending on where you look.

Any software stack can have security problems if it is badly managed and, to be honest, the biggest problems do not come from the stack in use but from the code developers write on top of it.

Whatever provider you choose in the end, make sure you ask for ISO 270001 certs, latest penetration test results, PCI Attestation of Compliance and any SAQ approved analysis and audit results they can provide. That is what matters, not their stack and framework of choice.

Adrian

···

*This email was typed by hand and for you - we don’t use any auto-response systems. *

Adrian Palacios

E: [email protected]

T: +44.776.555.6838

[email protected]
http://nexudus.com

Thank you, Adrian! I will forward your response to our decision-makers. Appreciate your responsiveness

Cheers!

Melinda

···

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Adrian Palacios - Nexudus [email protected] wrote:

You can let your colleague to never trust server response headers, they tend to lie :wink: Regardless, there is nothing wrong with IIS or asp.net in terms of security. Well known companies like StackOverflow, Acenture, GoDaddy, RackSpace, Samsung and a myriad of other companies run a lot of their infrastructure on .net/IIS/asp.net. We run a mixture of things depending on where you look.

Any software stack can have security problems if it is badly managed and, to be honest, the biggest problems do not come from the stack in use but from the code developers write on top of it.

Whatever provider you choose in the end, make sure you ask for ISO 270001 certs, latest penetration test results, PCI Attestation of Compliance and any SAQ approved analysis and audit results they can provide. That is what matters, not their stack and framework of choice.

Adrian

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 at 18:59, [email protected] wrote:

Hi Adrian,

Someone had brought up that the Nexudus spaces are running ASP.net code on Windows IIS servers— which they refer to as outdated with security problems. I am hoping you can address this, as it is one of our main concerns as we consider signing up with Nexudus.

Thanks

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 7:51:51 AM UTC-8, Adrian Palacios wrote:

HI Teresa!

Thanks!

Erica

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/coworking/X4X_V-QwrRA/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

*This email was typed by hand and for you - we don’t use any auto-response systems. *

Adrian Palacios

E: [email protected]

T: +44.776.555.6838

[email protected]
http://nexudus.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/coworking/X4X_V-QwrRA/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

Warm Regards,

Melinda Yu

Bonneville Labs

626 Bancroft Way

Berkeley, CA 94710

[email protected]

(510) 301-5866

Iris,

Thank you for doing a show on Nexudus!

We have been super please with the whole Nexudus team here at Venture X and love to see this company grow!

Cheers,

Jana

···

On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 12:19:28 PM UTC-4, Iris Kavanagh wrote:

Hi everyone-

After my first show on Nexudus last week, Adrian posted some comments on the Youtube page, with some great info. You may already have these links, but I wanted to share, just in case. As a side note, I didn’t know about the forum within Nexudus and checked it out yesterday. I posted a question for a client and received immediate feedback from the Nexudus team, that was a great experience!

Adrian’s comments:

• There is global forum available where every admin in Nexudus can communicate with us or other admins from any of the spaces operating with Nexudus built-in in the admin panel. Right on the home page: https://spaces.nexudus.com/#&tab-nexudus-support

Also, Tiffany and I are doing a deep dive today into some scenarios coworking space managers experience, and how to use the platform to create the best workflow in those situations. We are live at 10am PST and you can post questions to me on Twitter, @iriskavanagh, or watch it later on the archive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsYLVbYVRI

Cheers!

Iris

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 1:49:15 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

Liz

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Indiegrove Team