Why I HATE this book: - Coworking Out Loud: How to Grow Your Collaborative Community and Strengthen Your Brand with Content Marketing

Hey! I am not on commission, nor do I owe Cat money.

Why do I hate this book?

Because it is the book I wish I had written (this AND 1984 By George Orwell)

This *FREE ebook - is very well researched and presented. It boils through all the coworking, inbound, content, blah blah noise and gets to the core basics.

For all of you coworking space owners, tummlers and community managers who only send an email or post a blog when you need something - save us all by reading and taking action with Cat’s book :wink:

The tool’s that Cat mentions like Trello, Buffer and Mailchimp continue to work well for our projects in OuiShare and coworking.

This is the link to get the eBook from Amazon - https://goo.gl/jLlccD

Love Bernie :wink:

*FREE

1. I hate it when people write free in capitals but it seems the only way to get some people’s attention.

2. By the time you have read this it might have become a paid product. #justsaying

3. There are NO affiliate links in this post

Bravo on that subject line, Bernie! For a brief moment I was preparing myself to witness a coworking content marketing expert showdown :slight_smile:

I’m so happy to see Cat put this together. I know it’s the product of we’ll over a year of focused work, and it shows.

Congrats, Cat!! :tada:

···

On Mar 3, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Bernie J Mitchell [email protected] wrote:

Why do I hate this book?

This *FREE ebook - is very well researched and presented. It boils through all the coworking, inbound, content, blah blah noise and gets to the core basics.

For all of you coworking space owners, tummlers and community managers who only send an email or post a blog when you need something - save us all by reading and taking action with Cat’s book :wink:

The tool’s that Cat mentions like Trello, Buffer and Mailchimp continue to work well for our projects in OuiShare and coworking.

*FREE

1. I hate it when people write free in capitals but it seems the only way to get some people’s attention.
  1. By the time you have read this it might have become a paid product. #justsaying
  1. There are NO affiliate links in this post

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

You got me, Bernie. I was bracing myself for a takedown. Haha :slight_smile:

Thanks for the breakdown and endorsement of the book. So glad you find it valuable!

Cheers,

Cat

···

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 7:46:06 AM UTC-8, Bernie J Mitchell wrote:

Why do I hate this book?

*FREE

1. By the time you have read this it might have become a paid product. #justsaying

Bahahahaha, i clicked on this post all fired up and ready to defend Cat. Glad she’s getting the accolades she deserves :slight_smile:

···

Why do I hate this book?

*FREE

Thanks, Tony :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing you at GCUC!

···

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 7:56:44 AM UTC-8, Tony Bacigalupo wrote:

Bravo on that subject line, Bernie! For a brief moment I was preparing myself to witness a coworking content marketing expert showdown :slight_smile:

I’m so happy to see Cat put this together. I know it’s the product of we’ll over a year of focused work, and it shows.

Congrats, Cat!! :tada:

On Mar 3, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Bernie J Mitchell [email protected] wrote:

Why do I hate this book?

*FREE

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Haha. Thanks, Meaghen! <3

···

On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 2:17:35 PM UTC-8, Meaghen Liebe wrote:

Bahahahaha, i clicked on this post all fired up and ready to defend Cat. Glad she’s getting the accolades she deserves :slight_smile:

Why do I hate this book?

*FREE

Hiya—I was waiting for the showdown too!

But then FREE got my attention. When I click through the link though, Amazon wants $3. Any advice?

Also, it’s crazy the block around publishing that can get in the way of doing the content piece of community development. I’m a writer for hire, the place is full of stories, but 3 years into a successful coworking space and I’m still struggling to really move into that curation and thought leadership and content connector space.

This year I made a public resolution to get OK with the vulnerability and do it, humbly and with dedication.

I’m hoping this book helps me sweat through the excuses!

Thanks for writing it Cat :slight_smile:

···

On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 2:46:06 AM UTC+11, Bernie J Mitchell wrote:

Why do I hate this book?

*FREE

Hi Jay

The guide was free for the first five days :slight_smile:

Re: your block / challenge. Is the block around creating content – that you’re just not doing it – or that you’re creating content but that you don’t see it moving you into the thought leadership and content connector space?

The fact that you’re already a writer and your place is full of stories gives you a nice springboard. If the block is around putting yourself out there with content, just start. Just write and publish a post, then another one, then another one. Focus on best practices, learn to love SEO, brainstorm strong keywords for your space, and get moving.

If you wait until your posts are perfect to hit publish, you’ll never publish anything. Here’s some tough love: some of your posts will suck. They won’t land, they won’t drive traffic, and they’ll leave you frustrated. It happens to all of us. They’ll also show you what you need to do differently. As with many things these days, you create, test, adjust, create, test, adjust…

By writing, you become a better (and braver) writer. So don’t wait to become a better (braver) writer to start writing. :slight_smile:

Congrats on your public resolution!

Cheers,

Cat

···

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 1:02:00 AM UTC-8, Jay Chubb wrote:

Hiya—I was waiting for the showdown too!

But then FREE got my attention. When I click through the link though, Amazon wants $3. Any advice?

Also, it’s crazy the block around publishing that can get in the way of doing the content piece of community development. I’m a writer for hire, the place is full of stories, but 3 years into a successful coworking space and I’m still struggling to really move into that curation and thought leadership and content connector space.

This year I made a public resolution to get OK with the vulnerability and do it, humbly and with dedication.

I’m hoping this book helps me sweat through the excuses!

Thanks for writing it Cat :slight_smile:

On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 2:46:06 AM UTC+11, Bernie J Mitchell wrote:

Why do I hate this book?

*FREE