What operating lease for a mailing address?

Hello. I’m not 100% bilingual. I translated the following with Google Translate. The French version is found below, just in case.

···

I received last week a particular application and I would like your opinion. I have an entrepreneur who wants to have a mailing address only to my coworking space. It wishes to provide a postal address other than that of his home.

I usually provide this service to those who are regular members on site. I do not know how to structure this service. I do not also know what it means to me that the address of my coworking space is disseminated in business registration documents on his side.

Do you offer this service? How do you operate?

J’ai reçu la semaine passée une demande particulière et j’aimerais avoir votre avis. J’ai un entrepreneur qui souhaite avoir une adresse postale seulement à mon espace de coworking. Il souhaite pouvoir communiquer une adresse postale différente que celle de son domicile.

J’offre habituellement ce service à ceux qui sont des membres réguliers sur place. Je ne sais pas comment structurer ce service. Je ne sais pas aussi ce que ça implique pour moi que l’adresse de mon espace de coworking soit diffusée dans des documents d’enregistrement d’entreprise de son côté.

Offrez-vous ce service ? Comment fonctionnez-vous?

Thank you in advance for your answers / Merci à l’avance pour vos réponses

Hi, Kim,

We do offer it in the Kamers; I am pretty sure we offer every possible permutation anybody can think of, from a correspondence address all the way through to a traditional office rental. And a lot of the coworkers shift from one to another on a more or less regular basis.

The most important questions you need answered (assuming you are in Europe and assuming you want to offer the service) are whether he wants a registered address or just a correspondence address. And in the event that it is a sole proprietorship, whether he intends to use it as a residence address.

You need to find out what your government requires for a registered office address and then decide if you can offer that. My recollection is that domiciliation in France (which is what use of a location to register your business is called) is fairly straightforward, but there are (Europe wide) rules about verifying id and the nature of the business prior to signing any contracts.

As for its use as a personal residence, I have to say that I do not do this at all; some of our entrepreneurs get personal mail here but this is an office building, nobody lives here. And live/work arrangements can be more complicated in Europe than in the US due to central registration.

Not sure what quesiotns you have, if you have some specific questions, shoot. Or drop me an email, I have some form Terms of Use and contracts, if you like, which I can forward to you. (In English and Dutch. I assume you want English. :-))

Cheers,

Jeannine

···

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 2:19:29 PM UTC+2, Kim Auclair wrote:

Hello. I’m not 100% bilingual. I translated the following with Google Translate. The French version is found below, just in case.

I received last week a particular application and I would like your opinion. I have an entrepreneur who wants to have a mailing address only to my coworking space. It wishes to provide a postal address other than that of his home.

I usually provide this service to those who are regular members on site. I do not know how to structure this service. I do not also know what it means to me that the address of my coworking space is disseminated in business registration documents on his side.

J’ai reçu la semaine passée une demande particulière et j’aimerais avoir votre avis. J’ai un entrepreneur qui souhaite avoir une adresse postale seulement à mon espace de coworking. Il souhaite pouvoir communiquer une adresse postale différente que celle de son domicile.

J’offre habituellement ce service à ceux qui sont des membres réguliers sur place. Je ne sais pas comment structurer ce service. Je ne sais pas aussi ce que ça implique pour moi que l’adresse de mon espace de coworking soit diffusée dans des documents d’enregistrement d’entreprise de son côté.

Thank you for your quick return Jeannine.

People I have consulted so far say that I must be careful with this approach. I just write to corporate registrars to see what is possible. You gave me a few pointers.

By the way, I’m from Quebec City. My coworking space is actually the house my father that I quietly rebuke.

I’ll come back if I have questions and also inform you what I will do about it.

A+

···

Le lundi 30 mars 2015 09:38:44 UTC-4, Jeannine a écrit :

Hi, Kim,

We do offer it in the Kamers; I am pretty sure we offer every possible permutation anybody can think of, from a correspondence address all the way through to a traditional office rental. And a lot of the coworkers shift from one to another on a more or less regular basis.

The most important questions you need answered (assuming you are in Europe and assuming you want to offer the service) are whether he wants a registered address or just a correspondence address. And in the event that it is a sole proprietorship, whether he intends to use it as a residence address.

You need to find out what your government requires for a registered office address and then decide if you can offer that. My recollection is that domiciliation in France (which is what use of a location to register your business is called) is fairly straightforward, but there are (Europe wide) rules about verifying id and the nature of the business prior to signing any contracts.

As for its use as a personal residence, I have to say that I do not do this at all; some of our entrepreneurs get personal mail here but this is an office building, nobody lives here. And live/work arrangements can be more complicated in Europe than in the US due to central registration.

Not sure what quesiotns you have, if you have some specific questions, shoot. Or drop me an email, I have some form Terms of Use and contracts, if you like, which I can forward to you. (In English and Dutch. I assume you want English. :-))

Cheers,

Jeannine

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 2:19:29 PM UTC+2, Kim Auclair wrote: