Welcome packs?

Hey coworking gurus,

Trying to figure out if welcome packs are a norm in the industry.

If you do have a kit of some sort:

• Whats in it?

• How much did you spend on it?

• Does it change based on the level of membership?

• Do people use whatever knick knacks are in it?

Researching a few kit items to put together and release broadly to coworking operators. Let me know if you’d like to see the final product!

Thanks,

Michael

I am deeply interested in this – as in all things onboarding really – and am responding mostly so I can find out what genius ideas other people have.

I have not gotten my ducks in a row on this, but I really think it is a great idea and want to do it.

Best,

Jeannine

My company provides different items depending on the membership level but it’s always rotating.

···

On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 10:56:21 AM UTC-7, Michael Williams wrote:

Hey coworking gurus,

• Whats in it?

Researching a few kit items to put together and release broadly to coworking operators. Let me know if you’d like to see the final product!

Thanks,

Michael

I’ve done welcome packs a few different ways for a few different spaces. One space we kept it super cheap and probably didn’t spend more than $7 USD per, another space we designed a welcome pack that came in at just under $21 USD per. Honestly it all depends on you, how many you want to prep and how large an order of supplies (branded or not branded you want)!

Example 1:

An actual branded folder with membership agreement, printer code info, slot for access card, coupons from the local cafe/bakery, sticker (of course), FAQ, fill out your own profile (which we would then hang on the wall), branded pen, member cards (for them to refer to friends) clue sheet for new member to guess who their buddy was (this space would paid up new members with a few all-star long term members aka “ambassadors”), thumb drive with info on it digitally too and booklet from the local chamber/business improvement district.

Example 2:

Branded mug/water bottle (they could choose) with sticker pack, note pad, pen, paperwork rolled up with ribbon, FAQ sheet, this space had fobs which came on a non-branded key chain (NOTE: too many times i’ve seen spaces brand their access control device - either cards, fobs, etc…that’s a sure fire way to turn a lost key into a break in…been there done that…ugh it sucked) attached to ribbon with a welcome note from the community manager and/or owner and a little survival kit (mini chocolate bar, single dose packs of: antacid, advil, mints, 5 hr energy). While I wouldn’t advocate this for a traditional coworking space, I have worked with recording studios/radio producers where that “survival kit” also included a mini bottle of booze and condoms. :scream: That’s clearly a different demographic and like I said, I don’t recommend that but it just goes to show how creative you can get!

It’s not only a really great way to make members feel welcome but it’s also a SURE FIRE “instagramable” moment where you can leverage the new members’ excitement and turn it into a marketing tool for you!:slight_smile:

on a side note - birthday cupcakes or a balloon tied to their chair are also great ways to make them feel special on their day.

···

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 5:50:39 PM UTC-5, Jennifer Cadence wrote:

My company provides different items depending on the membership level but it’s always rotating.

On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 10:56:21 AM UTC-7, Michael Williams wrote:

Hey coworking gurus,

• Whats in it?

Thanks,

Michael

1 Like