US-based coworking spaces + national holidays

We’ve had some potential members ask whether we’ll be open on holidays where kids are off from school but parents are likely working. Think: Presidents Day. It wasn’t something we’d planned on but I see the need. I’m also sensitive to our staff team and their reliance on time off. Curious how other US-based coworking spaces have handled this? Thanks.

At Cowork Frederick, members have door fobs that allow them access to the building. We are close to the public on holidays and there is no staff here, but members are welcome to come work if they want.

When I operated my space, we limited our holidays to New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday & Christmas… so we were pretty strict and didn’t take much time off. We offered a fair amount of daily support to our members, though - including phone answering and greeting guests at the front entrance - so the # of days off you grant your employees is likely a function of how much your members rely on your employees.

At our space we are only closed on New Years Eve, New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday Christmas Eve & Christmas. I never really consider closing on the bank holidays. It might just be my corporate background, I’ve never worked for a company that closed on those.