TV show marathon @ our space

Hi - I know that we have some hardcore ‘Silicon Valley’ fans as members and was thinking of throwing a ‘binge watch’ session of a season or two at our space…has anyone ever done this in their space before? If so, what did you screen/how did it go?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

We haven't done a TV show binge/marathon but we've done lots of movie nights and occasionally other special TV watching events, like around the Olympics. One member did a twice-monthly James Bond marathon, inviting people to join him in watching all the way through the James Bond collection over several months.

This generally happened after hours...but it could happen over lunch or in other windows of time too. That really depends on your membets and how they like to organize their schedules.

We also have done group listening events for new records that people are excited about - followed by some discussion about people's impressions of the music. And when Serial was a big deal, members got together to listen to new episode releases together. That was a lot of fun and very popular!

The way I see it is simple: if it's something that members already like to do, there's a good chance that it's an easy win to invite them to do it together! These kinds of events are also very easy to produce so they're a great gateway for member-run events. It's always extra awesome when members realize that they can organize peeps, and we can just play a supporting role in helping them "own" the event or event series.

So especially if you can get a couple of those die-hard fans on board early, this sounds like a potential win to me!

-Alex

···

On Mar 27, 2017, 11:07 PM -0400, Jonathan Manierre <[email protected]>, wrote:

Hi - I know that we have some hardcore 'Silicon Valley' fans as members and was thinking of throwing a 'binge watch' session of a season or two at our space...has anyone ever done this in their space before? If so, what did you screen/how did it go?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

--
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to coworking+...@googlegroups.com (mailto:coworking+...@googlegroups.com).
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.