The 'whitelabel' / 'brandable' member benefits debate

Hey all! As the debate about the best way to describe our platform has spread across a fair number of coworking groups on fb, I wanted to also get some feedback from you, the amazing google group :slight_smile:

The question:

The debate over the last few weeks, as we redesigned our new homepage, is what resonates better with other coworking spaces.
When referring to our platform, should we be saying it’s a ‘whitelabel member benefits platform’ or a ‘brandable member benefits platform’?
A third contender was also ‘unbranded member benefits platform’.
So I ask you, fellow coworking enthusiasts, which do you :heart:/:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and why?

**Background story: **

We recently announced that included.co was ‘going invisible’.

Ideally we’re allowing our platform to be completely integrated within coworking space software/websites/apps without mentioning our company anywhere.

I go into some of the reasons behind this decision in the announcement above, but the short-and-sweet version is this:

As we exist to empower entrepreneurship through communities like yours, it’s therefore your brand that matters, and not ours.

***Thanks again for your feedback, and for running amazing entrepreneurial communities! ***

*If there are any other questions or critical feedback you’d like to share please do, and I’ll do my best to address them. *

Hey Hector,

Don’t take this the wrong way, but this looks like a brilliant piece of guerrilla marketing to get coworking space owners/managers to look at your product, and doesn’t look so much like a topic that coworking space owners/managers would get excited about discussing. Do you have any links to some of the passionate debates about this on the other social media platforms so I can get a sense about what makes this a meaningful topic for us to engage in? Right now it sounds like a topic about how you design your premium product that you’re trying to market to coworking spaces.

Thanks!

Will

···

On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 4:42:53 PM UTC+2, Hector Kolonas wrote:

Hey all! As the debate about the best way to describe our platform has spread across a fair number of coworking groups on fb, I wanted to also get some feedback from you, the amazing google group :slight_smile:

The question:

The debate over the last few weeks, as we redesigned our new homepage, is what resonates better with other coworking spaces.
When referring to our platform, should we be saying it’s a ‘whitelabel member benefits platform’ or a ‘brandable member benefits platform’?
So I ask you, fellow coworking enthusiasts, which do you :heart:/:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and why?

Ideally we’re allowing our platform to be completely integrated within coworking space software/websites/apps without mentioning our company anywhere.

I go into some of the reasons behind this decision in the announcement above, but the short-and-sweet version is this:

As we exist to empower entrepreneurship through communities like yours, it’s therefore your brand that matters, and not ours.

***Thanks again for your feedback, and for running amazing entrepreneurial communities! ***

*If there are any other questions or critical feedback you’d like to share please do, and I’ll do my best to address them. *

Hey Will, totally get where you’re coming from and why you’re asking for references.

I’ll need to find more links to others (if you’d like) but this poll on FB and its subsequent conversation is what lead me to reach out to the community here.

Just like coworking spaces seek feedback on their messaging, I wanted to see which phrase resonates (or does the opposite) in your neck of the woods.

I do apologise if it came off as too ‘market-y’, the backstory was there sidestep the usual first questions of ‘well it depends on context, what do you do?’

Thanks again for your time,

Hector :nerd_face:

···

On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 04:34:24 UTC-4, Will Bennis, Locus Workspace wrote:

Hey Hector,

Don’t take this the wrong way, but this looks like a brilliant piece of guerrilla marketing to get coworking space owners/managers to look at your product, and doesn’t look so much like a topic that coworking space owners/managers would get excited about discussing. Do you have any links to some of the passionate debates about this on the other social media platforms so I can get a sense about what makes this a meaningful topic for us to engage in? Right now it sounds like a topic about how you design your premium product that you’re trying to market to coworking spaces.

Thanks!

Will

On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 4:42:53 PM UTC+2, Hector Kolonas wrote:

The question: