Strategic Partnership/Sponsorship Package Help

Hi Alexa,

Late last year I began putting together a national “COWORK-NETWORK” and I’ve been making initial contacts with a few coworking space owners … as well as national sponsors like Intel, Acer, Converse, Cartoon Network, Runa Tea and a few others. My background is marketing & promotions (I run a advertising agency called Native Marketing - that is based out of Mojo Coworking).

I hadn’t gotten around to connecting yet with the WorkBar folks, but it seems like you’ll be the person to talk to. Can we set up a time next week to connect live?

My overall plan is for Native Marketing to establish a one-stop shop for Fortune 500 brand activation through coworking spaces in the US. I’m shooting to have the business plan finalized to bring to GCUC. Looking forward to connecting.

Craig

···

On Friday, January 25, 2013 5:42:29 PM UTC-5, Alexa Lightner wrote:

Hi all,

I’m new to the coworking community and just started a job at Workbar in Boston. One of my first projects is putting together a sponsorship/strategic partnership package to attract higher-end sponsors (we have several snack sponsors and several partners that offer discounts, but we’re looking to get a bit more serious and target larger, more serious corporations like cell phone providers and tech corporations). Any suggestions for approaching this? If anyone is willing to share a template they use, that would be amazingly helpful, but I could use any advice you have.

I’m excited to be part of this community!

Happy coworking,

Alexa

Hi Bonnie,

The cowork-network concept is being built out now. The business plan should be complete by GCUC and I’m hoping to rally some space owners/managers who would like to be involved. Since each coworking space is vastly different, I’m exploring ideas for unifying the experience and/or tiering the offering for sponsors. Most/many of the larger sponsors want “scale” … we have to find a way to have some scale, but convince the sponsor that the depth of the experience is more valuable in this case.

Will you be at GCUC? If so, let’s connect. If not - we can get on a phone call in the hear future. I’d be interesting in hearing your thoughts.

Best,

Craig Mc

···

On Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:48:09 PM UTC-5, Bonnie Rogers wrote:

Hi Craig,

Have you established your Cowork-Network as mentioned below?

Bonnie

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:22:10 PM UTC-8, Mojo wrote:

Hi Alexa,

Late last year I began putting together a national “COWORK-NETWORK” and I’ve been making initial contacts with a few coworking space owners … as well as national sponsors like Intel, Acer, Converse, Cartoon Network, Runa Tea and a few others. My background is marketing & promotions (I run a advertising agency called Native Marketing - that is based out of Mojo Coworking).

I hadn’t gotten around to connecting yet with the WorkBar folks, but it seems like you’ll be the person to talk to. Can we set up a time next week to connect live?

My overall plan is for Native Marketing to establish a one-stop shop for Fortune 500 brand activation through coworking spaces in the US. I’m shooting to have the business plan finalized to bring to GCUC. Looking forward to connecting.

Craig

On Friday, January 25, 2013 5:42:29 PM UTC-5, Alexa Lightner wrote:

Hi all,

I’m new to the coworking community and just started a job at Workbar in Boston. One of my first projects is putting together a sponsorship/strategic partnership package to attract higher-end sponsors (we have several snack sponsors and several partners that offer discounts, but we’re looking to get a bit more serious and target larger, more serious corporations like cell phone providers and tech corporations). Any suggestions for approaching this? If anyone is willing to share a template they use, that would be amazingly helpful, but I could use any advice you have.

I’m excited to be part of this community!

Happy coworking,

Alexa

I think involving spaces and encouraging their members, while openning it up to members to sign up directly, would be the best way to scale the exposure. I know Denver has about 6 spaces and a total of 200 coworkers or so. If you can offer a sponsorship that is beneficial to people then will sign up and your membership will scale quickly. It then seems like a great service tailored to us.

I also got a call a while ago about a company wanting to put sponsored coffee, office material, and a sign at the space. I was open to the idea if the money was right because I intended to then use some of the money for happy hours and snacks at the space. If you get several space owners, say 50 to 100 owners equaling a targeted 1500 to 3000 coworkers, that are willing to put some sponsored stuff that benefits the space then you could also obtain scale.

I would love to hear your bigger plans Mojo Craig.

Craig - Creative Density

Hi Craig,

Plans are expanding and solidifying for a national coworking sponsorship activation network we’re calling Co-Activate. A big part of the value to major (coworker-appropriate) sponsors will be both scale and “value” of the coworking members. To that end, I have a hypothesis that I’d like to prove or disprove and would like to ask for some help from this group. I’ve put together a short survey to collect some data that will show the levels of social networking among coworking members. My belief is that coworkers are great connectors, influencers and opinion leaders … this survey will help establish some level of empirical evidence. If this is the case, then the “value” of a sponsor activating their message among coworkers INCREASES exponentially.

My request is that anyone in this thread please forward the attached link to your members and ask them to fill out this anonymous survey. My goal will be to present results at GCUC as part of an unconference conversation. Note that at this point, we are only looking to survey North American coworkers, but will likely expand internationally as a future phase.

Here is the survey link. We’d like to have as many surveys as possible completed in the next 2 weeks.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WJQfLmqxCRYwfHaVSuw3-VLLQEYl-AXfZzNobgEeWDY/viewform

If anyone has questions, please don’t hesitate to message or call me directly - 828-398-1840. Thanks!

Craig Mc

···

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:54:06 AM UTC-5, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking wrote:

I think involving spaces and encouraging their members, while openning it up to members to sign up directly, would be the best way to scale the exposure. I know Denver has about 6 spaces and a total of 200 coworkers or so. If you can offer a sponsorship that is beneficial to people then will sign up and your membership will scale quickly. It then seems like a great service tailored to us.

I also got a call a while ago about a company wanting to put sponsored coffee, office material, and a sign at the space. I was open to the idea if the money was right because I intended to then use some of the money for happy hours and snacks at the space. If you get several space owners, say 50 to 100 owners equaling a targeted 1500 to 3000 coworkers, that are willing to put some sponsored stuff that benefits the space then you could also obtain scale.

Craig - Creative Density

Hi Craig,

I see this post was back in Feb 2013. How is your Co-Active project going? Our coworking space at The Profile in Vancouver BC was established in 2009 and we are just starting to explore sponsorship with a tremendous response. We’ve completed an interesting sponsorship program and excited to share it… We are talking to nationals but it makes sense to join something that you are talking about.

Let me know if it’s running.

best

Kevin - The Profile

···

On Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:43:50 AM UTC-8, Mojo wrote:

Hi Craig,

Plans are expanding and solidifying for a national coworking sponsorship activation network we’re calling Co-Activate. A big part of the value to major (coworker-appropriate) sponsors will be both scale and “value” of the coworking members. To that end, I have a hypothesis that I’d like to prove or disprove and would like to ask for some help from this group. I’ve put together a short survey to collect some data that will show the levels of social networking among coworking members. My belief is that coworkers are great connectors, influencers and opinion leaders … this survey will help establish some level of empirical evidence. If this is the case, then the “value” of a sponsor activating their message among coworkers INCREASES exponentially.

My request is that anyone in this thread please forward the attached link to your members and ask them to fill out this anonymous survey. My goal will be to present results at GCUC as part of an unconference conversation. Note that at this point, we are only looking to survey North American coworkers, but will likely expand internationally as a future phase.

Here is the survey link. We’d like to have as many surveys as possible completed in the next 2 weeks.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WJQfLmqxCRYwfHaVSuw3-VLLQEYl-AXfZzNobgEeWDY/viewform

If anyone has questions, please don’t hesitate to message or call me directly - 828-398-1840. Thanks!

Craig Mc

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:54:06 AM UTC-5, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking wrote:

Craig - Creative Density