Steelcase Think or Leap?

For 5 years, Cowork Frederick has operated with what most of our members would say are “adequate” $79 task chairs from Office Depot. One of the most frequent requests we get is for better chairs, ones rated for 8 hours of sitting and ones rated for over 200 pounds (to date, 5 chairs have been broken). They also want some chairs that have arms.

After much research I’ve narrowed my choices to a Steelcase Think or Steelcase Leap chair, which I can buy refurbished, with a warranty, for roughly $200 and $300, respectively from National Office. They both are highly adjustable, the Leap more so than the Think, and I’m just wondering if anyone has experience with either of these chairs and can offer insights. Specifically, these chairs would be for our flex desks so they would be used by different people everyday. I don’t know if people will bother to adjust the chair, so I think I want the chair that will be most comfortable for multiple people.

Anyone have experience with these chairs?

Julia

Cowork Frederick

I’ve bought dozens of Think chairs over the years and really prefer them over the Leap, mostly because the design is just lighter and less…formal? robotic? And at some point, full adjustability becomes fussy, which is why I’ve never been a fan of the Herman Miller Aeron chair - way too many gears and knobs that don’t just slide into place.

I would also recommend looking at the Steelcase “Reply” chair - it’s even lighter and also cheaper. I’m a fan of their QiVi chair, too.

That said, for flex desks, try the Cobi or even Move chairs (add casters and arms!). They’re cheaper and in my opinion, more appropriate for the ins/outs of flex member usage. One more thing, Move chairs are stackable so you can actually reconfigure your flex seats within a flex space for events, etc. :slight_smile:

JEROME CHANG

talk to us: (323) 330-9505

chat w/ us: http://www.BLANKSPACES.com/chat

WEST: Santa Monica | 1450 2nd St (@Broadway)

CENTRAL: Mid-Wilshire | 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea)

EAST: Downtown | 529 S. Broadway, Ste 4000 (@Pershing Square)

···

On Aug 11, 2017, at 8:06 AM, Julia Ferguson [email protected] wrote:

For 5 years, Cowork Frederick has operated with what most of our members would say are “adequate” $79 task chairs from Office Depot. One of the most frequent requests we get is for better chairs, ones rated for 8 hours of sitting and ones rated for over 200 pounds (to date, 5 chairs have been broken). They also want some chairs that have arms.

After much research I’ve narrowed my choices to a Steelcase Think or Steelcase Leap chair, which I can buy refurbished, with a warranty, for roughly $200 and $300, respectively from National Office. They both are highly adjustable, the Leap more so than the Think, and I’m just wondering if anyone has experience with either of these chairs and can offer insights. Specifically, these chairs would be for our flex desks so they would be used by different people everyday. I don’t know if people will bother to adjust the chair, so I think I want the chair that will be most comfortable for multiple people.

Anyone have experience with these chairs?

Julia

Cowork Frederick

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.