Software for room booking with additional resources?

I know conference room booking is a hot topic on here. I’ve searched through the archives and looked at many of the suggestions. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a tool that fit my specific needs.

I’m opening a collective photo studio where members can book space to shoot in for the day. A lot of the meeting room management tools cover this functionality, but I also allow members to book equipment to use within the space during their shoots (lights, stands, props, etc.). This is the part I can’t seem to figure out. I have an equipment inventory from which people can select the items they want, but I need to ensure inventory items are not overbook.

It seems the logical office space parallel here would be things like projectors or rolling whiteboards, but I cannot find a tool that does this well.

Any suggestions?

~ Geoffrey

youcanbook.me has an option for services that could work. Set the service length to zero for each equipment entry and click the option to allow booking multiple services.

Glen Ferguson

Phone: 301-732-5165

Email: [email protected]

Address: 122 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701

···

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Geoffrey Badner [email protected] wrote:

I know conference room booking is a hot topic on here. I’ve searched through the archives and looked at many of the suggestions. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a tool that fit my specific needs.

I’m opening a collective photo studio where members can book space to shoot in for the day. A lot of the meeting room management tools cover this functionality, but I also allow members to book equipment to use within the space during their shoots (lights, stands, props, etc.). This is the part I can’t seem to figure out. I have an equipment inventory from which people can select the items they want, but I need to ensure inventory items are not overbook.

It seems the logical office space parallel here would be things like projectors or rolling whiteboards, but I cannot find a tool that does this well.

Any suggestions?

~ Geoffrey

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Geoffrey,

We work with a good number of spaces renting similar resources, like shared photo and video studios, kitchens, lab equipment and maker tools. Many of them allow you to, not only book the resource itself, but also request or buy additional items which go with the booking. Many of these items are limited in the number of them which can be booked at any given point.

As you mention, in the meeting room world, this happens when rooms bookings come with things like flip-charts, catering or other additional services to the room itself. Each of these items has a stock in the system, which handles how many of them can be booked at any given point.

This is who the users see it:

More details on nexudus.com.

···

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 2:28:45 PM UTC+1, Geoffrey Badner wrote:

Any suggestions?

~ Geoffrey

Glen,
Your product is interesting, robust and nicely done. I gave it a try, but it didn’t quite work for me and my specific needs. The way I need members to choose times was confusing and with my rental equipment inventory, I have 100+ “services” to offer. Got a bit unwieldy to add services with your booking form.

Again… nice service, but not right for my needs. Thanks.

~ Geoffrey

···

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 11:54:49 AM UTC-5, Glen Ferguson wrote:

youcanbook.me has an option for services that could work. Set the service length to zero for each equipment entry and click the option to allow booking multiple services.

Glen Ferguson

Phone: 301-732-5165

Email: [email protected]

Address: 122 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Geoffrey Badner [email protected] wrote:

Any suggestions?

~ Geoffrey

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

satellitedeskworks.com also has a way to book specific amenities/technologies.

···

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 8:28:45 AM UTC-5, Geoffrey Badner wrote:

Any suggestions?

~ Geoffrey