Small town spaces

Hi:

I am from Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. I am conducting a feasibility study on co-working/collab spaces and to see if this would work in my City. I am looking for resources and consideration on what to include in my study. This can be in the form of experiences, other feasibility studies and other spaces that work in small cities. Population is 50K.

Thank you in advance!

Jamie,

50K is a big city when compared to our space in Ely, MN with a population of 3,600 on a good day! As I’m preparing resources to speak with the MN Department of Economic Development I will surely pass on what I garner.

···

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Jamie Tyrell [email protected] wrote:

Hi:

I am from Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. I am conducting a feasibility study on co-working/collab spaces and to see if this would work in my City. I am looking for resources and consideration on what to include in my study. This can be in the form of experiences, other feasibility studies and other spaces that work in small cities. Population is 50K.

Thank you in advance!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Richard Stuart
Ten Below Coworking
p:
(218) 464-9724
w:
10belowcoworking.org e: [email protected]

Thank you!

···

On Tuesday, 9 October 2018 12:03:35 UTC-4, Ten Below wrote:

Jamie,

50K is a big city when compared to our space in Ely, MN with a population of 3,600 on a good day! As I’m preparing resources to speak with the MN Department of Economic Development I will surely pass on what I garner.

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Richard Stuart
Ten Below Coworking
p:
(218) 464-9724
w:

I think that entrepreneurship and a desire to work with other cool people have no geographic boundaries.

And why not Coburg? It could benefit from more than one, I bet. How large a space to you have/want?

···

On Tuesday, 9 October 2018 20:01:42 UTC-4, Jamie Tyrell wrote:

Thank you!

Jamie,

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

Richard Stuart
Ten Below Coworking
p:
(218) 464-9724
w:

Jamie

I am currently involved with the startup of space in Huntington WV. We are probably about the same size, 50,000 and would love to participate in your study. Feel free to contact me directly.

Julie

···

On Oct 9, 2018, at 7:56 PM, Jamie Tyrell [email protected] wrote:

Thank you!

Jamie,

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

Richard Stuart
Ten Below Coworking
p:
(218) 464-9724
w:

Jamie.

We have a space in a town of about 40k. If there is anything we can help provide, just reach out. Additionally, if you have an area of your town that you are looking at, we can help identify the potential member base.

Reach out if you want to chat.

Josh

···

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 10:16:51 AM UTC-6, Jamie Tyrell wrote:

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

My space is in a rust belt city of 71k if you need anything from me.

···

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 12:16:51 PM UTC-4, Jamie Tyrell wrote:

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

I’m working on collecting data and hosting a conference for the 30 coworking spaces in Maine, most of them in small towns. I’m especially interested in case studies of coworking spaces that have partnerships with economic development.

···

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

Liz: if you haven’t already, reach out to Anne Kirby from the Candy Factory in Lancaster!

She ran the first statewide coworking conference in PA earlier this year and it was awesome (also mostly attended by folks in small towns - major city representation was the VAST minority, it was awesome). I also know she has a great relationship with the local gov’t and econ development peeps, and a few of them were on panels at the conference.

I don’t know what data she has collected, but it sounds like you’re working on very similar things :slight_smile:

-Alex

···

The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org

Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com

My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten

Liz

Would you be open to outsiders attending your conference? We are the ONLY coworking space in WV so I have little to work with and would love to connect. Plus any excuse to come to Maine is a good one.

Julie

photo

Julie Hewett, CMP, CAE
Founder, CEO, JulNet Solutions, LLC
A 1404 1/2 Adams Ave Huntington, WV 25704
P 304 523 9700
E [email protected] W www.JulNet.com
Skype jkhewett

“It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” - Herman Melville.

···

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:27 PM Liz Trice [email protected] wrote:

I’m working on collecting data and hosting a conference for the 30 coworking spaces in Maine, most of them in small towns. I’m especially interested in case studies of coworking spaces that have partnerships with economic development.

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

Check out Richard Stuart from TenBelow

marion

···

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:57 PM Julie Hewett [email protected] wrote:

Liz

Would you be open to outsiders attending your conference? We are the ONLY coworking space in WV so I have little to work with and would love to connect. Plus any excuse to come to Maine is a good one.

Julie

photo

Julie Hewett, CMP, CAE
Founder, CEO, JulNet Solutions, LLC
A 1404 1/2 Adams Ave Huntington, WV 25704
P 304 523 9700
E [email protected] W www.JulNet.com
Skype jkhewett

“It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” - Herman Melville.

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

Hi Josh

Be great to chat!

What time zone are you in. And are you free Monday or Tuesday?

Jamie

···

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 11:12 AM [email protected] wrote:

Jamie.

We have a space in a town of about 40k. If there is anything we can help provide, just reach out. Additionally, if you have an area of your town that you are looking at, we can help identify the potential member base.

Reach out if you want to chat.

Josh

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 10:16:51 AM UTC-6, Jamie Tyrell wrote:

Hi:

Thank you in advance!

Hi

Let’s chat!! When is your conference?

I would be especially interested in your case studies.

Can’t wait to hear from you

Jamie

···

Hi:

Thank you in advance!