Signage Around Space

Howdy! New to the forum, we’re about 4 years young.

Anyway, in our space, there’s need for various signage. “Event in the space tonight.”, “Cleaning out the fridges tomorrow.” or something even more temporary, like “Printer’s broken; print upstairs for now. Will be fixed tomorrow.”

We’re not too keen on the way we’ve been doing it, which is basically just print something out and tape it up. We’ve prettied those up a bit, so at least they’re designy, but we’re looking for ways to display this sort of signage in a way that’s artful, classy, and of course doesn’t break the bank.

Obviously there are three types of signage: permanent (eg. instructions for making coffee), re-usable (eg. event tonight!), and temporary (eg. printer’s broken).

What do you use in your space? Table toppers? Electronic message boards?

Would love creative ideas, or how you handle signage like this in your space!

I use Scotch brand Self-seal Laminating pouches in the 4x 6 size and just double tape them where they need to go. Easy, and inexpensive if you do a lot of temporary signs.

···

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 4:32:30 PM UTC-7, Epicentral Coworking wrote:

Howdy! New to the forum, we’re about 4 years young.

Anyway, in our space, there’s need for various signage. “Event in the space tonight.”, “Cleaning out the fridges tomorrow.” or something even more temporary, like “Printer’s broken; print upstairs for now. Will be fixed tomorrow.”

We’re not too keen on the way we’ve been doing it, which is basically just print something out and tape it up. We’ve prettied those up a bit, so at least they’re designy, but we’re looking for ways to display this sort of signage in a way that’s artful, classy, and of course doesn’t break the bank.

Obviously there are three types of signage: permanent (eg. instructions for making coffee), re-usable (eg. event tonight!), and temporary (eg. printer’s broken).

What do you use in your space? Table toppers? Electronic message boards?

Would love creative ideas, or how you handle signage like this in your space!

We have a door with glass panels and glass internal half walls. So we laminate reusable signage, get it wet, and stick it to the glass. Lasts about three days which is generally longer than we ned. This is also how we do coworker signage: whoever is in the space on any day has a sign up on the door that day. This also makes it easier for folks the coworkers have appointments with to work out whether they are in the right place.

If the Coworker doesn’t want to do it themselves, sometimes I make them, sometimes the community manager does it, sometimes one of the graphic designers does it. It costs a couple of euros. Depends on how close a deadline it is really.

Events in the space go up on the calendar and not in the space itself.

If I warned people that we were cleaning out the refrigerator, nobody would come that day lol. I am pleased to see that you have responsible coworkers. :slight_smile: