Shared office / childcare / eldercare

Hello;

I've been researching and planning a shared office space for my hometown of about 4800 people in VT. Along the way, I've noticed the fusion of coworking and childcare and childcare with eldercare. I'm a member of the "sandwich generation", caring for children and elders concurrently. With the rise of remote work and the gig economy and the aging of America, is there another match here? Here's one stat:

"the number of seniors is growing. In 2010, one-sixth of the adult U.S. population was older than 65; by 2030, about one-fourth will be."

It occurs to me that creating a community "HUB" with shared offices, childcare, and elder residential and adult daycare would be a unique intergenerational place for the next 10 years.

Anyone working on this?

- Wayne

Hi Wayne

I hope you are well. I was interested to see the below. We operate 5 co-working spaces in London, details here

To be clear, the town you are thinking of setting up in has a total population of 4800 people?

All the best

Matt

···

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 1:16:32 PM UTC+1, [email protected] wrote:

Hello;

I’ve been researching and planning a shared office space for my hometown of about 4800 people in VT. Along the way, I’ve noticed the fusion of coworking and childcare and childcare with eldercare. I’m a member of the “sandwich generation”, caring for children and elders concurrently. With the rise of remote work and the gig economy and the aging of America, is there another match here? Here’s one stat:

“the number of seniors is growing. In 2010, one-sixth of the adult U.S. population was older than 65; by 2030, about one-fourth will be.”

It occurs to me that creating a community “HUB” with shared offices, childcare, and elder residential and adult daycare would be a unique intergenerational place for the next 10 years.

Anyone working on this?

• Wayne

Matt;

Is that your space? Do you already offer childcare and eldercare?

Yes, our town in 4800, on a major commuter route in our county (about 11,000 cars/day). Small.

Still, we're in an aging state and one that's losing population, we need new ways to attract and retain the younger generation and serve the aging, and the elder caregivers.

- Wayne.

Hi.
An effort started recently here in Lausanne, Switzerland, related to coworking + childcare.

You can find them here: http://thevillagecoworking.org/

···

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 2:16:32 PM UTC+2, [email protected] wrote:

Hello;

I’ve been researching and planning a shared office space for my hometown of about 4800 people in VT. Along the way, I’ve noticed the fusion of coworking and childcare and childcare with eldercare. I’m a member of the “sandwich generation”, caring for children and elders concurrently. With the rise of remote work and the gig economy and the aging of America, is there another match here? Here’s one stat:

“the number of seniors is growing. In 2010, one-sixth of the adult U.S. population was older than 65; by 2030, about one-fourth will be.”

It occurs to me that creating a community “HUB” with shared offices, childcare, and elder residential and adult daycare would be a unique intergenerational place for the next 10 years.

Anyone working on this?

• Wayne