I am organizing the Coworking space tours for the 2015 Global Coworking Unconference which is being held in Berkeley this year. On Friday, May 8 we will have about 200 people touring spaces in the East Bay and San Francisco. Depending on the funding for transportation, we would also like to organize a tour down the Peninsula.
**If you are interested in having your space participate in the tours please confirm with me by Friday, February 27. **
Here’s how we expect the tours to work as of right now:
- Copass will be providing their team members, clad in super cool Copass jumpsuits, to lead each of the tours
- We will have 10 tours, 6-7 in SF, 3 in the East Bay and possibly 1 down the Peninsula
- Each tour will have a capacity of 20 people
- Each tour will visit 3-4 spaces
- Transportation will be via Bart/Muni/East Bay buses and ferries, with the exception of the Peninsula, which will require a van
- The SF tours will be neighborhood based and mostly walking tours
- Each tour will last approximately 25-45 minutes
If you’re wanting to host a tour, here’s some ideas and best practices to have in place when people enter your space:
- Notify your members that a large tour is coming through and encourage them to say hi to the tourees
- Make sure you are staffed with someone who can answer business and community questions. Our tourees are curious and want to know about why you designed your space the way you did, what your member interactions are like and what types of events you hold, among other things
- Consider offering nibbles likes cookies or crackers and cheese; beverages, both alcohol and non alcoholic and showing off your best “hospitality selves”
- It’s good idea to make sure there is an open space that can comfortably fit 20 people gathered together to ask you questions
We’d love to get a variety of spaces on the tour list, so if you have relationships with makers spaces, coworking kitchens or other please let me know!