Router Advice

Cowork Gloucester VA opens the doors officially on November 1st!

We just had the Internet installed today, and now we need a router that will do the trick.

I know we will eventually need access points (and I've been reading up on that in this forum), but starting off, we don't much of a budget to work with, and we don't have enough members to really justify a robust setup.

For right now, we will have everyone in one floor (which is roughly 1000-1200sqft), with two private offices, a conference room, and a shared lounge/coworking area.

I don't anticipate there being a ton of bandwidth used, and right now, there are only 5 members (plus several others who will be popping in part time).

Can anyone make a suggestion for a router that can handle this kind of traffic? We can upgrade later when the traffic justifies doing so. We just need something for getting started that does a good job but isn't too costly.

Thanks!

Look at Ubiquiti , specifically Unifi equipment they make. Very cost effective Commercial grade equipment. The AC Pro Access Points work great.

···

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 7:50:58 PM UTC-5, Kevin Haggerty wrote:

We just had the Internet installed today, and now we need a router that will do the trick.

I know we will eventually need access points (and I’ve been reading up on that in this forum), but starting off, we don’t much of a budget to work with, and we don’t have enough members to really justify a robust setup.

For right now, we will have everyone in one floor (which is roughly 1000-1200sqft), with two private offices, a conference room, and a shared lounge/coworking area.

I don’t anticipate there being a ton of bandwidth used, and right now, there are only 5 members (plus several others who will be popping in part time).

Can anyone make a suggestion for a router that can handle this kind of traffic? We can upgrade later when the traffic justifies doing so. We just need something for getting started that does a good job but isn’t too costly.

Thanks!

Wouldn’t consider anything but the Unifi kit at this point.

$120 for the router (Unifi Security Gateway)

$150 for the access point (Unifi AC Pro)

You can install the controller software on almost any old computer. If you don’t want that, you can get a Cloud Key for $80

Shan

···

On Oct 22, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Brian Jones [email protected] wrote:

Look at Ubiquiti , specifically Unifi equipment they make. Very cost effective Commercial grade equipment. The AC Pro Access Points work great.

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 7:50:58 PM UTC-5, Kevin Haggerty wrote:

I know we will eventually need access points (and I’ve been reading up on that in this forum), but starting off, we don’t much of a budget to work with, and we don’t have enough members to really justify a robust setup.

I don’t anticipate there being a ton of bandwidth used, and right now, there are only 5 members (plus several others who will be popping in part time).

Can anyone make a suggestion for a router that can handle this kind of traffic? We can upgrade later when the traffic justifies doing so. We just need something for getting started that does a good job but isn’t too costly.

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.