Room temperature for members?

For people who have ideal room temperature with heat and air conditioning, how do you accommodate people who prefer a warmer or cooler temperature than the average person at your location? At Collective Agency, we have central heat and air conditioning, with pipes on two sides of the building. Each of the 6 conference rooms has its own temperature control, and there are mini quiet fans in the big shared room for people who prefer it cooler. People who prefer it warmer often work on the side of the building closer to the sun, but do you have a good way to localize/personalize heat? It came up today and I’m trying a local floor heater that blows hot air towards a person, and am wondering if you have favorite models, or other solutions?

Alex Linsker, Collective Agency

We have central air but heat is by steam radiators. It’s generally not a problem except for the temperate days when the heat almost should come on. On those days, and for the one or two members that are always cold, we recommend leaving a sweater here for the times they need it.

Glen Ferguson

Phone: 301-732-5165

Email: [email protected]

Address: 122 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701

···

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Alex Linsker [email protected] wrote:

For people who have ideal room temperature with heat and air conditioning, how do you accommodate people who prefer a warmer or cooler temperature than the average person at your location? At Collective Agency, we have central heat and air conditioning, with pipes on two sides of the building. Each of the 6 conference rooms has its own temperature control, and there are mini quiet fans in the big shared room for people who prefer it cooler. People who prefer it warmer often work on the side of the building closer to the sun, but do you have a good way to localize/personalize heat? It came up today and I’m trying a local floor heater that blows hot air towards a person, and am wondering if you have favorite models, or other solutions?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

An “ideal room temperature” has never been found, anywhere, in all of recorded history. There used to be an urban legend that somewhere in northern California, the cloud cover provided a day that hovered at exactly 71.3 degrees for over 3 hours and 99 percent of people were comfortable but there’s no definitive proof.

At Cohere I tend to cater to the hottest person (me) and keep the AC set around 72. We have a little stash of blankets and hoodies for emergencies. The only reason this works is because our building is over 3 levels with 2 different thermostats so people can generally find a spot (even if it’s outdoors) where they are most comfy.

The bane of any HVAC unit’s existence is closed doors and stairs. #physics.

···

On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 2:21:26 PM UTC-6, Alex Linsker wrote: