Room scheduling

Do any of you use any kind of digital marquee or display for tracking room use/scheduling? I was thinking of getting a couple of tablets and setting them up outside our meeting rooms. Does Nexudus support anything like this? I'd basically like it to show what slots are full, but also allow people to sign up for slots there too. Input appreciated!

This solution requires a fair amount of technical know-how, but we built a custom solution for displays at both Salt Mines locations. We mounted some spare monitors on the wall, connected them to a couple of Raspberry Pi boards (which can be bought for around $25) and installed a modified version of the Dashings framework. Code is open-sourced and available on GitHub: GitHub - TheSaltMines/dashboard: Dashboard for activity at The Salt Mines

Ours is configured to show the conference room schedule, activity on our message boards, upcoming weather and what’s playing on the radio.

···

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 5:43:30 PM UTC+2, Kevin Haggerty wrote:

Do any of you use any kind of digital marquee or display for tracking room use/scheduling? I was thinking of getting a couple of tablets and setting them up outside our meeting rooms. Does Nexudus support anything like this? I’d basically like it to show what slots are full, but also allow people to sign up for slots there too. Input appreciated!

Hi Kevin,

If you use Nexudus, you can use NexBoard, which doe exactly this. Shows availability of a room and lets someone book a room fo any date and time.

The app is free and, even if you don’t use Nexudus to help you in your space, you can use it in the free Nexudus tier.

You can also connect it to Google Calendar, which means you can manage your bookings there directly if you wanted to. So, even though you need a Nexudus account to run the app, once the set-up is done, you would not need to even access the Nexudus panel and could manage everything from within Google.

Adrian

···

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 11:43:30 AM UTC-4, Kevin Haggerty wrote:

Do any of you use any kind of digital marquee or display for tracking room use/scheduling? I was thinking of getting a couple of tablets and setting them up outside our meeting rooms. Does Nexudus support anything like this? I’d basically like it to show what slots are full, but also allow people to sign up for slots there too. Input appreciated!

Thanks, Adrian. This sounds like exactly what we need.

Thanks, Andy.