Road Warrior Voices from USA Today on Coworking Vacations

USA Today’s Road Warrior Voices is part of the USA Today travel section and targeted at business travelers. Their article The Ultimate Guide to Taking A Coworking Vacation in Tel Aviv starts with the following note from the editor:

*EDITOR’S NOTE: At Road Warrior Voices, we believe that taking coworking vacations or working remotely is the best way to see the world while continuing to build your career. That’s why we want to be a leading source of practical information and advice for digital nomads and Road Warriors who would like turn their business trips into coworking vacations. We’ll be sharing tips on everything from how to convince your boss to let you work remotely to how to decide where to spend your coworking vacation. This is the first in a series of guides in some of our favorite cities to work remotely. Check out our coworking section for more advice, and as always please share your comments below. *

I’ve read a number of USA Today articles related to coworking over the past few months, but somehow failed to grasp the extent of their coverage until I read this. Take a look at their coworking section to see it.

A mainstream media outlet like USA Today deciding to do continued coverage of a topic is a clear signal they think it’s moving to or already mainstream. Coworking, in the view of USA Today, has made it.

···

Thanks for sharing Steve! Hopefully their coverage helps our cause - I had high expectations for their FB page only be reminded that they are in the business of drawing eyeballs…so their stories are often sensational headlines…including this lovely item: Flight attendant gets five years for smuggling passports in underwear http://bit.ly/1elkyOR

···

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 10:03:28 AM UTC-7, Steve King wrote:

USA Today’s Road Warrior Voices is part of the USA Today travel section and targeted at business travelers. Their article The Ultimate Guide to Taking A Coworking Vacation in Tel Aviv starts with the following note from the editor:

*EDITOR’S NOTE: At Road Warrior Voices, we believe that taking coworking vacations or working remotely is the best way to see the world while continuing to build your career. That’s why we want to be a leading source of practical information and advice for digital nomads and Road Warriors who would like turn their business trips into coworking vacations. We’ll be sharing tips on everything from how to convince your boss to let you work remotely to how to decide where to spend your coworking vacation. This is the first in a series of guides in some of our favorite cities to work remotely. Check out our coworking section for more advice, and as always please share your comments below. *

I’ve read a number of USA Today articles related to coworking over the past few months, but somehow failed to grasp the extent of their coverage until I read this. Take a look at their coworking section to see it.

A mainstream media outlet like USA Today deciding to do continued coverage of a topic is a clear signal they think it’s moving to or already mainstream. Coworking, in the view of USA Today, has made it.

I was focused more USA Today deciding coworking was a good topic to cover than on their coverage itself. Besides, I was distracted by their hard hitting story Why Hotel Sex is Better Than at Home?:).

Like I said, they know how to get the eyeballs :slight_smile:

···

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 9:12:42 AM UTC-7, Steve King wrote:

I was focused more USA Today deciding coworking was a good topic to cover than on their coverage itself. Besides, I was distracted by their hard hitting story Why Hotel Sex is Better Than at Home?:).