Rewards/Check-in System

Hello, coworking aficionados!

We hold a lot of weekly and monthly member events to boost business acumen and foster community. I am exploring ideas for an event check-in/rewards system to measure engagement in these events and have a reward system in place to encourage more members to attend (think Plenti card or something similar). It MUST be automated and simple for both the members to use and the space manager to manage (e.g. no paper sign-in sheets that have to manually be entered by someone). Is anyone doing this already? If so, what are you using and how is it working for you?

Thanks for your feedback!

-Sarah

Any feedback yet? I’d be interested in exploring this idea if you give me a little more to go off of. And how is everything going at Hera Hub? I was talking with Felena and Janelle awhile ago about systems and operations and I’m long overdue from connecting with Jangle.

Jacob

···

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Sarah Bacerra [email protected] wrote:

We hold a lot of weekly and monthly member events to boost business acumen and foster community. I am exploring ideas for an event check-in/rewards system to measure engagement in these events and have a reward system in place to encourage more members to attend (think Plenti card or something similar). It MUST be automated and simple for both the members to use and the space manager to manage (e.g. no paper sign-in sheets that have to manually be entered by someone). Is anyone doing this already? If so, what are you using and how is it working for you?

-Sarah

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Sarah,

Would checking each attendee in during the events be an option a all? In the old days, when we did event management, we used to scan people in to the venues using handheld devices, sometimes phones in the smaller events. This was mainly to know how busy the venue was for last minute on-the-door sales as well as to report occupancy to the authorities, but I’m wondering if this technology could be used also in your case. All you would need is a barcode in the event tickets or registration confirmation email. For member-only events you could look at barcoding the actual member access cards, if you have those, so they are easy to scan at the event.

We have also seen UHF-based radio cards which are picked up automatically without having to scan them as long as members are within a few meters of a radio beacon. These radio card are normally added to the regular member access cards and they are pretty inconspicuous. These can also be used to check members in on a day to day basis, not just during events, so you know how busy the space is at different hours of the day, use patterns, membership usage, etc…

There are probably a good number of solutions around, it is a matter of knowing what your event process can fit and how/if it can work with them.

···

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 7:31:52 PM UTC, Sarah Bacerra wrote:

-Sarah

Hi Adrian!

Ideally, this would be something we could set up on a table at the event and have everyone check themselves in, primarily focused on member events, but could be when they’re just accessing the coworking space or meeting rooms, too. We don’t have member access cards at the moment but I’m not averse to exploring. What type of reliable member access cards are out there and what UHF-based radio cards tie into them, that you know of?

···

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Adrian Palacios [email protected] wrote:

Hi Sarah,

Would checking each attendee in during the events be an option a all? In the old days, when we did event management, we used to scan people in to the venues using handheld devices, sometimes phones in the smaller events. This was mainly to know how busy the venue was for last minute on-the-door sales as well as to report occupancy to the authorities, but I’m wondering if this technology could be used also in your case. All you would need is a barcode in the event tickets or registration confirmation email. For member-only events you could look at barcoding the actual member access cards, if you have those, so they are easy to scan at the event.

We have also seen UHF-based radio cards which are picked up automatically without having to scan them as long as members are within a few meters of a radio beacon. These radio card are normally added to the regular member access cards and they are pretty inconspicuous. These can also be used to check members in on a day to day basis, not just during events, so you know how busy the space is at different hours of the day, use patterns, membership usage, etc…

There are probably a good number of solutions around, it is a matter of knowing what your event process can fit and how/if it can work with them.

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 7:31:52 PM UTC, Sarah Bacerra wrote:

-Sarah

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/coworking/0TrVG8oofQY/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

Sarah Bacerra | Community Director* and Marketing Manager* | Hera Hub | tel: 815.540.4853 | fax: 877.437.7277
[email protected] | herahub.com | facebook.com/herahub

twitter.com/herahub | pinterest.com/herahub | LinkedIn.com | Google+

Take a look at Hera Hub’s features on BBC News and in FINE Magazine

Locations: SORRENTO VALLEY / MISSION VALLEY / CARLSBAD

Learn more about franchise opportunities – www.HeraHubFranchise.com

Hi Sarah,

We have a private member network with a meeting room/desk booking system on it that members can implement themselves. It is integrated with Stripe so it charges their account automatically and a record of all their transactions appears in their profile settings.

We are working on adding an app that checks them in that integrates with it.

The member network has other features like a profile set up, social networking between members, a project profile set up with communication customization, etc.

I'd be glad to send you a demo next week if you'd like to see it.

If you like it we could talk about white labeling it for your community.

Katherine Warman Kern

I don’t know if any of them fit your precise needs, but there are a number of “loyalty card” startups like Perka, Belly and LocalBonus that offer punch-card like apps. These are generally designed more for the local sandwich/coffee shop (“get your 10th cup free!”) but maybe they could be used for your purpose as well.

-Nate

···

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 2:31:52 PM UTC-5, Sarah Bacerra wrote:

-Sarah

Thanks, everyone! Looking into all of these options. So great to have such useful feedback!

···

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Nate Heasley, Goodnik [email protected] wrote:

I don’t know if any of them fit your precise needs, but there are a number of “loyalty card” startups like Perka, Belly and LocalBonus that offer punch-card like apps. These are generally designed more for the local sandwich/coffee shop (“get your 10th cup free!”) but maybe they could be used for your purpose as well.
-Nate

-Sarah

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/coworking/0TrVG8oofQY/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

Sarah Bacerra | *Community Director *| Hera Hub | main: 855.Hera.Hub | fax: [email protected] | HeraHub.com | Facebook.com/HeraHub | Twitter.com/HeraHub

We’re on a mission to support over 20,000 women in the launch and growth of their business by 2020. Please help us by sharing HeraHubExpansion.com

Sarah, what platforms do you currently use for your events?

Eventbrite has some pretty slick apps that make it easy to check people into an event; I imagine that data can be exported and aggregated through a little bit of magic.

···

Tony

Projects: New Work CitiesOpen CoworkingCotivation

eBook: No More Sink Full of Mugs

Connect: Personal siteTwitterFacebook

New: Preorder the Ultimate Coworking Toolkit

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Sarah Bacerra [email protected] wrote:

Thanks, everyone! Looking into all of these options. So great to have such useful feedback!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Nate Heasley, Goodnik [email protected] wrote:

-Nate

-Sarah

Sarah Bacerra | *Community Director *| Hera Hub | main: 855.Hera.Hub | fax: [email protected] | HeraHub.com | Facebook.com/HeraHub | Twitter.com/HeraHub

We’re on a mission to support over 20,000 women in the launch and growth of their business by 2020. Please help us by sharing HeraHubExpansion.com