Reciprocity agreements among independent coworking spaces

Hi, I am new to the group. Own/operate a coworking space in a suburban office park in Louisville Kentucky - ©space-ky.org - and struggling to get members. Identified location as a barrier, as well as the perception of our brand as only for nonprofits. Your posts/resources have been very helpful. Thank you.

Question - Most of our members travel and need places to work throughout the city and state. Any one develop reciprocal agreements with coworking spaces independent of their own as a way to provide a network of spaces for their members?

Thank you!

Mary Jo

Mary Jo Shircliffe

Vice President, Operations and Administration

Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky

1640 Lyndon Farm Court, Suite 100

Louisville, KY 40222

502-326-2583

Toll Free 877-326-2583

[email protected]

www.healthy-ky.org

Twitter - @healthyky

www.cspace-ky.org

Twitter - @cspaceky

···

Mary,

Yes we have an agreement with other coworking spaces in Denver with our local alliance called Denver Coworks, DenverCoworks.org. We also participate in the Global Coworking Visa which gets us a visitor once a month or so from people around the US and sometimes the world.

I recommend you contact the local spaces, get to know each other, and work together. An exchange of members is an easy way to start bringing spaces together. We limit to members 2 days per month.

Coworking visa: http://wiki.coworking.org/w/page/16583744/CoworkingVisa
LExC : http://lexc.co/

Ramon

A big second to the coworking visa. One of my members is going to Brussels and working out of Betacoworks for a few days and a member of ImpactHub Antigua just showed up on Cohere’s doorstep and will work for 3 days with us for free! It’s the greatest thing ever. Cohere has had members using the visa all over–Seattle, Philly, NYC, Denver and on and on.

Angel

···

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 8:35:38 AM UTC-6, Mary Jo Shircliffe wrote:

Hi, I am new to the group. Own/operate a coworking space in a suburban office park in Louisville Kentucky - (c)space-ky.org - and struggling to get members. Identified location as a barrier, as well as the perception of our brand as only for nonprofits. Your posts/resources have been very helpful. Thank you.

Question - Most of our members travel and need places to work throughout the city and state. Any one develop reciprocal agreements with coworking spaces independent of their own as a way to provide a network of spaces for their members?

Thank you!

Mary Jo

Mary Jo Shircliffe

Vice President, Operations and Administration

Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky

1640 Lyndon Farm Court, Suite 100

Louisville, KY 40222

502-326-2583

Toll Free 877-326-2583

[email protected]

www.healthy-ky.org

Twitter - @healthyky