Progressive town in Research Triangle Region of North Carolina seeking coworking operator to partner with Town of Holly Springs to create coworking space

I serve as the Economic Development Director of the Town of Holly Springs, pop. 32,000. We are dedicated and passionate about opening Coworking space in our community. please share the RFP with your colleagues and potential partners. Thank you!

HollySpringsCoworkingRFP_08192015.pdf (5.25 MB)

Hi Jenny, my name is Jeremy Neuner and I’m the co-founder and former CEO of NextSpace, one of the early pioneers in the coworking industry. I saw your RFP and was hoping we could find a few minutes to discuss it over the phone this week. I think I have a unique background for this project and want to get a sense of what you’re looking for before I submit a proposal.

A bit about my background: before starting NextSpace, I was the economic development manager for the City of Santa Cruz. I started NextSpace because I saw a huge opportunity to catalyze the creative, independent workers in Santa Cruz. So I quit my job, raised some investment capital, and set to work building one of the first successful small-town coworking spaces. Through that process, I turned the traditional economic development model on its head by helping to create 200 one-person companies rather than trying to attract one 200-person company. I spent the next 6 years building that vision by starting total of nine NextSpace locations. But I’ve always stuck to my roots, seeing NextSpace (and coworking in general) as a powerful economic development tool.

I stepped down as CEO of NextSpace earlier this year and have spent the last several months helping other smaller communities start coworking spaces. I’m currently working with teams in Mobile, AL, and Gunnison, CO, two vibrant, progressive places that hope to use coworking as a tool to propel their economies into the 21st century. So I understand the needs and the mindset of smaller communities like Holly Springs.

More broadly, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about the once-in-a-century shift in how, where, and why people work. I think this shift has huge implications for the economies of smaller cities. I write about this shift in my book “The Rise of the Naked Economy”. If you like, I’d be happy to send you a copy.

Can we find some time to chat by phone this week? Or you can feel free to give me a ring at your convenience at 831-246-0979. Thanks, I hope we can find a way to work together!

Cheers,

Jeremy

···

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:50 AM, [email protected] wrote:

I serve as the Economic Development Director of the Town of Holly Springs, pop. 32,000. We are dedicated and passionate about opening Coworking space in our community. please share the RFP with your colleagues and potential partners. Thank you!

–

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.