Pricing for small groups

Hi everyone!
I am starting the first coworking space in my town. We hope to open in December. Someone contacted me yesterday about needing space for a small group for a nonprofit. They have some files that need to be stored and one main person that would be using the space approximately half time and then two volunteers. They will also need space to hold board meetings and planning sessions. Have you priced small groups differently than just having each person get their own membership?

Thanks!

Gretchen

Cultivate Coworking

Murfreesboro, TN

I price groups the same as one person, and companies can be up to 20 people. To get to do that, I asked (with other members/founders) what our values are (why is pricing a certain way and not other ways). When things are toughest and when things are easiest, that's when values are worth honoring the most. Alex Linsker, Collective Agency

We have a "add on membership" policy that has worked well enough for groups so far; after the initial membership, additional memberships of equal or lesser cost are half price as long as they're for people who work together and as long as they payment is coming from the same source.

Andy Soell
The Salt Mines
http://saltmines.us

Thanks! That is very helpful.

Gretchen

···

On Friday, October 24, 2014 4:10:28 PM UTC-5, Gretchen Bilbro wrote:

Hi everyone!
I am starting the first coworking space in my town. We hope to open in December. Someone contacted me yesterday about needing space for a small group for a nonprofit. They have some files that need to be stored and one main person that would be using the space approximately half time and then two volunteers. They will also need space to hold board meetings and planning sessions. Have you priced small groups differently than just having each person get their own membership?

Thanks!

Gretchen

Cultivate Coworking

Murfreesboro, TN

I like that policy. I think it is a bit generous but it’s a good way for small teams to add more to the community. I would say 25% to 33% off from the advertised price.

We had a nonprofit here for 2 years and as it expanded we renegotiated. They grew to 5 and we put them in one small office at our VIP rate and then when we got to 10, we doubled it as they weren’t all there at the same time. They spilled over into one of three conference rooms we had if not booked. They wanted to rent one of our conference rooms permanently and knock a wall out, but I knew they wanted to be downtown so wasn’t willing to give up that space. In Cobot, we can customize as needed. Good luck to you. Becky H. Smith, Ed.D., Blue Ocean Innovation Center

···

On Friday, October 24, 2014 3:10:28 PM UTC-6, Gretchen Bilbro wrote:

Hi everyone!

Thanks!

Gretchen

Cultivate Coworking

Murfreesboro, TN

This is pretty much how we have handled it; our pricing is modular and based on sharing of/traffic in the space, rather than squre footage or number of people. So expansion and contraction are pretty much built in.

The coworkers mostly graduate to their own space when their space footprint makes it hard for others, and usually amounts to " want to use the workshop space privately/permanently".

···

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:13:52 AM UTC+1, Blue Ocean Innovation Center, Bozeman Montana wrote:

We had a nonprofit here for 2 years and as it expanded we renegotiated. They grew to 5 and we put them in one small office at our VIP rate and then when we got to 10, we doubled it as they weren’t all there at the same time. They spilled over into one of three conference rooms we had if not booked. They wanted to rent one of our conference rooms permanently and knock a wall out, but I knew they wanted to be downtown so wasn’t willing to give up that space. In Cobot, we can customize as needed. Good luck to you. Becky H. Smith, Ed.D., Blue Ocean Innovation Center