Phone Calls / Noise Control

Would love some advice… we are struggling with providing space for members to take phone calls. We have various areas where members can take calls, but the common complaint is that they get calls randomly and then have to get up and move to take the call, which can be awkward at times. I remember seeing (I think at Satellite in Santa Monica?) small rooms that had noise cones toward the ceiling. Is anyone familiar with these?

What do you do in your coworking space to allow members to take calls without disrupting others who are working?

We built phone booths. They can be a bit pricy to do up right but they help. Just remember to ventilate them. :slight_smile:

···

Aaron Cruikshank

Principal, CRUIKSHANK

Phone: 778.908.4560

email: [email protected]

web: cruikshank.me

twitter: @cruikshank

book a meeting: doodle.com/cruikshank

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/cruikshank

On Oct 30, 2014 5:06 PM, “Janelle Doll” [email protected] wrote:

Would love some advice… we are struggling with providing space for members to take phone calls. We have various areas where members can take calls, but the common complaint is that they get calls randomly and then have to get up and move to take the call, which can be awkward at times. I remember seeing (I think at Satellite in Santa Monica?) small rooms that had noise cones toward the ceiling. Is anyone familiar with these?

What do you do in your coworking space to allow members to take calls without disrupting others who are working?

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Our members are welcome to take calls at their desks. But we’ve also built some phone booths. More recently, we’ve purchases some old timey phone booths of Craigslist and they’ve been easy to get and well liked.

Eli Malinsky
Centre for Social Innovation
Toronto // New York City

Our space is an office, not a library, so people can take calls. We do have one call free room, but it is not very successful

We built a phone room by adding a wall in an unused area and it costs $1600 to be built. It is drop in and is well liked and used several times a day. We also have the conference room that is recommended for longer or planned phone calls and can be booked for up to 90 minutes.

We use to have an old street phone booth but it was more for visual appeal than practical. No one ever used it because it was small.

“We built phone booths. They can be a bit pricy to do up right but they help. Just remember to ventilate them. :)”

It’s a long story but I am designing easy to assemble/disassemble rooms providing total sound insolation, with integrated ventilation and (special acoustic) glass windows.
The 7m3, 50dB high insolation room I’m pricing at 4500-5000$. This is good for a drumset for example.
Voice rooms would be around 2m3, at a price around 1000$ I imagine (still on the drawing board).
At your entire convenience, tell me what you think of these prices.
Regards,
–Marius
www.amado-alves.info

Oops… this was supposed to be a private reply, but I must have pushed the wrong button.
My apologies to the group.

I wish more accidental replies were THAT packed full of useful info, Marius! :slight_smile:

···

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Marius Amado-Alves [email protected] wrote:

“We built phone booths. They can be a bit pricy to do up right but they help. Just remember to ventilate them. :)”

It’s a long story but I am designing easy to assemble/disassemble rooms providing total sound insolation, with integrated ventilation and (special acoustic) glass windows.
The 7m3, 50dB high insolation room I’m pricing at 4500-5000$. This is good for a drumset for example.
Voice rooms would be around 2m3, at a price around 1000$ I imagine (still on the drawing board).
At your entire convenience, tell me what you think of these prices.
Regards,
–Marius
www.amado-alves.info

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.