Phone Booths (Zenbooth, Hush, Room)

Hello!

We’ve decided we want to purchase a ready-made phone booth. I reviewed past posts on the subject and also did quite a bit of research online and have narrowed our search down to three: Zenbooth’s Comfort Booth, the Hush Phone, and the Room. Glen and I have tried the Hush Phone and it’s pretty amazing. I got in one and yelled as loud as I could and Glen couldn’t hear me outside the booth. We also like the look of the Hush Phone best, but it’s also the most expensive - even with what I’m told is a greatly discounted price. We are considering the other two options and want to make a decision today to spend some 2018 money for tax purposes. The Room comes with free returns, so it would be tempting to give them a try, but I’m told the deal on the Hush Phone goes away soon. That’s a common sales tactic and I could test it, but am not sure I want to.

Our goal is to isolate some fairly loud talkers from others who are working just 5 feet away.

I don’t find any online reviews other than those posted on each company’s website (which, of course, are all positive).

If anyone is working today, I’d sure appreciate any feedback you may have on the models below.

Model
db reduction
weight
size
install
other
price
ROOM
87x42x42
self
made
in the USA

made from 1088 recycled bottles

white & maple exterior, gray interior

$3,495
HUSH
87x39x35
included
made
in Poland?

desk folds down

gray or white exterior, many color options for wool interior

$5,950
ZENBOOTH
?
85x46x41
?
made
in the USA

insulated with recycled denim

optional adjustable desk

white or maple exterior & interior

$4,495

We have 2 Zenbooths in our space - I haven’t used the others referenced, but ZB works fairly well. I sit about 4’ away from one of them, and can occasionally still hear voices/murmurs/the occasional word, but it’s largely silencing. I can hear more from 2 members than anyone else, so I think it may be a particular tone/pitch thing going on. We’ve been very happy with them overall - our space is lots of marble/steel/glass, and prior to phone booths we had a real issue with echoing noise in the space from calls.

···

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 9:33:53 AM UTC-5, Julia Ferguson wrote:

Hello!

We’ve decided we want to purchase a ready-made phone booth. I reviewed past posts on the subject and also did quite a bit of research online and have narrowed our search down to three: Zenbooth’s Comfort Booth, the Hush Phone, and the Room. Glen and I have tried the Hush Phone and it’s pretty amazing. I got in one and yelled as loud as I could and Glen couldn’t hear me outside the booth. We also like the look of the Hush Phone best, but it’s also the most expensive - even with what I’m told is a greatly discounted price. We are considering the other two options and want to make a decision today to spend some 2018 money for tax purposes. The Room comes with free returns, so it would be tempting to give them a try, but I’m told the deal on the Hush Phone goes away soon. That’s a common sales tactic and I could test it, but am not sure I want to.

Our goal is to isolate some fairly loud talkers from others who are working just 5 feet away.

I don’t find any online reviews other than those posted on each company’s website (which, of course, are all positive).

If anyone is working today, I’d sure appreciate any feedback you may have on the models below.

Model
db reduction
weight
size
install
other
price
ROOM
87x42x42
self
made
in the USA