Phone booth time /huddle room limits?

I've had some questions regarding time limits on using the phone booths and huddle rooms.

How is this group handling those challenges?

Hey Katrina,

This is one of the trickier things to manage, because private spaces are perhaps the most valuable and scarce resources everyone shares.

So even well-meaning members who just happen to have a lot of phone needs might end up testing the boundaries of what’s considered okay.

A few tips from my own experience:

1. Posting friendly signage in all of the rooms letting people know what the limits are to usage (no more than 2 hours per day is a common norm)

2. Identifying the people who over-use the space and approaching them in a friendly way to get to know their needs and to ask them how they could support you in reinforcing the norms that everyone needs to follow in order for the space to work

3. Being equipped with the suggestion that some members can schedule call-heavy days to be days to work from home—or even portions of the day. Even when I was running my space, I was doing this—scheduling calls in the morning, then coming in for the afternoon for example—so I could minimize my burden on the space’s shared rooms.

It’s not a universal fix, but you’re just looking for practices that can help to reduce the overall load.
Can you tell us more about what you’re encountering? Is it one or two people over-using the rooms, or more of a systemic issue?

Tony

···

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:27 PM, Katrina Dye [email protected] wrote:

I’ve had some questions regarding time limits on using the phone booths and huddle rooms.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks for the feedback Tony. We are ramping up actually and I am trying to solution things that come up when I’m talking about the space. I think the value will come with privacy which is also why I think closed top offices, meeting rooms and phone areas will be critical.

Our space is blank right now and I have 4600 sq.ft so balance of community versus work /focused work areas will be important. I don’t know how to determine the ratio.

···

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:27 PM, Katrina Dye [email protected] wrote:

I’ve had some questions regarding time limits on using the phone booths and huddle rooms.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.