Operable windows -- yay or nay?

Hi all,

We’re fortunate to be opening our new space in a brand new building, and the landlord is giving us the option of having operable exterior windows in the space (or not). I’ve never worked any place where this was even an option, and while it sounds incredibly appealing, I also wonder about the potential to create headaches, e.g. some members want them open, others want them closed, making sure they’re no left open overnight when members have 24/7 access, etc.

We’re in the Seattle area, so certainly no tropical climate…

Does anyone have experience to share?

Thanks,

Alanna

Hey Alanna!

What floor will these windows be on? What will they be looking down upon?

Windows came in handy for me when we wanted to create a cross-breeze, whether to cool off the space during a big party or just because we needed some fresh air.

Personally, I’d always prefer to have the option to let a little bit of nature into the space… but if you’re going for a more sterile / clean / fancy vibe, maybe that’s not a priority.

Tony

···

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 7:48 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

We’re fortunate to be opening our new space in a brand new building, and the landlord is giving us the option of having operable exterior windows in the space (or not). I’ve never worked any place where this was even an option, and while it sounds incredibly appealing, I also wonder about the potential to create headaches, e.g. some members want them open, others want them closed, making sure they’re no left open overnight when members have 24/7 access, etc.

We’re in the Seattle area, so certainly no tropical climate…

Does anyone have experience to share?

Thanks,

Alanna

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.