Open book management/member-led budgeting

Do any other coworking places do any form of open book management/member-led budgeting?

Right now Collective Agency has a monthly fund of revenue-sharing from a portion of revenue that exceeds fixed expenses, and members make choices on how to collectively spend it (computer monitors or parking pass reimbursement or new furniture, etc), facilitated by me.

I’m thinking of proposing that member collective autonomy over the big decisions that exceed money in the fund be expanded, reducing my role and members’ proxy agency, and increasing members’ collective agency. For example, how do we pay for/do we want to pay for additional conference rooms/phone rooms.

What have you seen work well, and what have you seen not work well, with collective budgeting, or member-led committeee of any kind?

···

Alex Linsker | Business Owner

Collective Agency

(503) 517-6900 office | (503) 369-9174 mobile

3050 SE Division, Suite 245 | Portland Oregon 97202

1410 SW Morrison, Suite 850 | Portland Oregon 97205

Alex look up Cobudget by the Enspiral 2 Loomio guys.

It might not be exactly what you are looking for but you may be able to “hack / adapt / or whatever the cool term is this week”

···

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 at 01:58, Alex Linsker [email protected] wrote:

Do any other coworking places do any form of open book management/member-led budgeting?

Right now Collective Agency has a monthly fund of revenue-sharing from a portion of revenue that exceeds fixed expenses, and members make choices on how to collectively spend it (computer monitors or parking pass reimbursement or new furniture, etc), facilitated by me.

I’m thinking of proposing that member collective autonomy over the big decisions that exceed money in the fund be expanded, reducing my role and members’ proxy agency, and increasing members’ collective agency. For example, how do we pay for/do we want to pay for additional conference rooms/phone rooms.

What have you seen work well, and what have you seen not work well, with collective budgeting, or member-led committeee of any kind?

Alex Linsker | Business Owner

Collective Agency

(503) 517-6900 office | (503) 369-9174 mobile

3050 SE Division, Suite 245 | Portland Oregon 97202

1410 SW Morrison, Suite 850 | Portland Oregon 97205

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Have a remarkable day

Bernie J Mitchell
0777 204 2012

Do you use Trello?
www.berniejmitchell.com

Sent from my mobile device

*Unless we agree otherwise, this email conversation is confidential.