Office space vs open space--what is a good percentage today?

We are in an office space (about 1500 sq ft) that we are considering changing to coworking. Currently, we have 4 offices (we occupy one and one could be for a meeting room), thus we have 2 rentable offices, a lobby and open space. The open space accounts for about 50 % and each office is about 10x13.

Is this a good percentage? Looking for ideas. Thank you.

Attached is our current layout

1st floor current.pdf (14.7 KB)

···

On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 10:55:55 AM UTC-5, AK wrote:

We are in an office space (about 1500 sq ft) that we are considering changing to coworking. Currently, we have 4 offices (we occupy one and one could be for a meeting room), thus we have 2 rentable offices, a lobby and open space. The open space accounts for about 50 % and each office is about 10x13.

Al,

This looks very doable. A kitchenette could easily go by the bathroom and be close to the plumbing.

Wendy

···

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 11:40 AM
To: Coworking
Subject: [Coworking] Re: office space vs open space–what is a good percentagetoday?

Attached is our current layout

On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 10:55:55 AM UTC-5, AK wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi,

I will start with thinking about your audience and target persona in detail.

Just a quick note, for example:

• Freelancers and digital nomads will better fit into Open space
  • Tech freelances (more introverted people) might prefer semi-open/semi-private - it’s open but still well planned and partially separated so that it doesn’t feel like a big open space. For example, you have a pair of 6 desks in a bench that is separated from others…
  • Small companies will likely prefer Private space
  • Startups can do both and very much depend on their stage (starting from very open and gradually going for more privacy when they scale)
    When you define your persona in detail you can better plan your space.

I hope this helps.

···

On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 5:55:55 PM UTC+2, AK wrote:

I think this space would be very workable to do coworking. I would recommend soft/lounge seating in the lobby, desk seating in your open area and yes to making one office a meeting room though I would keep it flexible as possibly a phone room/meeting room to start.

Adding a kitchenette would be a huge amenity on the wall that shares the plumbing with the bathroom sink.

I wrote a step by step guide for starting a coworking space at https://www.diycoworking.com/shop/ultimate-coworking-launch-sequence-ebook

Angel

···

On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 9:55:55 AM UTC-6, AK wrote: