Newly Opened Space, Word of Mouth Marketing Strategies

Hi Everybody,

My name’s Will, my partner and I just launched a co-working space in Toronto called Station 477. We’re keep the day rates pretty low for now and marketing online to our facebook friends and twitter followers, for starters.
My question is: outside of paying for advertising what’s the best way to get the word out?
Are there blogs we can interact with that are good for promoting the space? Is that a no-no?
What do you guys do to pull in co-workers? We’re willing to try anything (legal, haha)

Will Ennis

www.station477.com

Hey Will,

I’m sure you’ll get a heap of responses for the techniques other spaces have found helpful, but for one thing, you can connect with the other local coworking spaces. I’ll send you a message from CoworkingToronto and mention CoworkingOntario and CoworkingCanada as well. Owners and operators of your local spaces (me included - hello!) can also be your trusted therapy. We discarded competition in favour of collaboration and can do all sorts of fun and profitable things together.

r.

···

We’re located at 2241 Dundas St W, 3rd floor

(between Bloor and Roncesvalles)

Chat with me via 10KCoffees

Find us online:

Website/blog and Newsletter, Twitter,

Facebook, Google+, Yelp, and LinkedIn

We’re a proud member of CoworkingToronto,

CoworkingOntario, and CoworkingCanada!

On 9 October 2014 15:04, Will Ennis [email protected] wrote:

Hi Everybody,

My name’s Will, my partner and I just launched a co-working space in Toronto called Station 477. We’re keep the day rates pretty low for now and marketing online to our facebook friends and twitter followers, for starters.
My question is: outside of paying for advertising what’s the best way to get the word out?
Are there blogs we can interact with that are good for promoting the space? Is that a no-no?
What do you guys do to pull in co-workers? We’re willing to try anything (legal, haha)

Will Ennis

www.station477.com

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Our space is not open yet (end of the month!) - so I will be watching this thread for ideas! We’re focusing on building partnerships; for example, we’re coordinating efforts with our local Chamber of Commerce - we’ve had a mixer to introduce the concept and we’re also going to host a Chamber luncheon in the space, after we open.

···

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:04:56 PM UTC-7, Will Ennis wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Will Ennis

www.station477.com