New Working Space - Some thoughts and inputs

Hey,

This is amazing platform and lot of ideas have been shared.

I really like the idea of a co-working space and what it can bring, I am seeing at the opportunities to start one in Mumbai, India.

If some of can share some inputs from your experience it will be fantastic for me, and what do you think having one in Mumbai, there are already half a dozen doing this here, and WeWork is also here, so there is huge competition.

Would like to hear from some of you, is co-working space the only source of your income or is there multiples things which you do? (the thought of breaking even @ 2-3 years is little scary, what if the landlord doesn’t renew your contract after say 1 year).

Is it necessary to have a team, I am thinking to have friends help me when needed but since is it necessary to have a full time people?

How do you normally look for community members and market your space to find members?.

How is the general response from Investors, if you approached them on this idea?

I am looking for a space which can have events along with using it for working, right now, lot of people here are using the same working space for events by pushing tables and chair, but I am thinking of creating a proper partition by setting the events space apart and getting the right sound system, but there is not much demand for this except for weekends, so have to think more, nevertheless what do you think, of working in such a place where there are events happening often, will you all be ok to work there?

Right now people who I approach are preferring the bigger and older spaces, for the benefits they provide and network they get, how can I someone break this routine?

Is it very important to invest a lot of money on furniture and design of the space?

Hi Vivek,

The most powerful thing you can do (because you know your area better than we do) is to invite people in your neighborhood to have coffee together and ask them these questions. I have a couple of free resources you can have to help you get started. My full book walks you through the whole process from dream to grand opening. You can find that on the same page as these free resources:

http://coherecommunity.com/shop/community-building-first-steps

http://coherecommunity.com/shop/coworking-building-community-as-a-space-catalyst

Angel

···

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 8:00:37 AM UTC-6, vivek kathula wrote:

Hey,

I really like the idea of a co-working space and what it can bring, I am seeing at the opportunities to start one in Mumbai, India.

If some of can share some inputs from your experience it will be fantastic for me, and what do you think having one in Mumbai, there are already half a dozen doing this here, and WeWork is also here, so there is huge competition.

Would like to hear from some of you, is co-working space the only source of your income or is there multiples things which you do? (the thought of breaking even @ 2-3 years is little scary, what if the landlord doesn’t renew your contract after say 1 year).

Is it necessary to have a team, I am thinking to have friends help me when needed but since is it necessary to have a full time people?

How do you normally look for community members and market your space to find members?.

How is the general response from Investors, if you approached them on this idea?

I am looking for a space which can have events along with using it for working, right now, lot of people here are using the same working space for events by pushing tables and chair, but I am thinking of creating a proper partition by setting the events space apart and getting the right sound system, but there is not much demand for this except for weekends, so have to think more, nevertheless what do you think, of working in such a place where there are events happening often, will you all be ok to work there?

Right now people who I approach are preferring the bigger and older spaces, for the benefits they provide and network they get, how can I someone break this routine?

Is it very important to invest a lot of money on furniture and design of the space?

Thanks Angel, will try and let u know.

@others, suggest whatever comes to your mind pls

···

On Saturday, 28 October 2017 00:52:35 UTC+5:30, Angel Kwiatkowski wrote:

Hi Vivek,

The most powerful thing you can do (because you know your area better than we do) is to invite people in your neighborhood to have coffee together and ask them these questions. I have a couple of free resources you can have to help you get started. My full book walks you through the whole process from dream to grand opening. You can find that on the same page as these free resources:

http://coherecommunity.com/shop/community-building-first-steps

http://coherecommunity.com/shop/coworking-building-community-as-a-space-catalyst

Angel

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 8:00:37 AM UTC-6, vivek kathula wrote:

Hey,