New Venture Hub / Coworking Space in Toronto - Looking for some fresh ideas!

This is my introduction post so hi everybody! I am opening a new venture hub in Toronto which will offer coworking, workshops and acceleration for startups. I’ve got a nice downtown warehouse location with about 7000 square foot of space with high ceilings and lots of light. I am currently devising the business model, marketing campaign and service/product offerings and would love to hear from some of you what you think constitutes a really innovative and comprehensive coworking package to offer to members. I mean what appart from desk, wifi, coffee and access to meeting rooms can you offer to stand out and provide real value to freelancers and creatives? Are there any spaces you know of that have interesting or unique service packages for their members? Would love to get some ideas.

Thanks and kind regards from Toronto,
Vijak

There are some very interesting areas for coworking now developing. Off the top of my head, I can think of 1) online retail/import/export and trade; 2) Makerspaces of all kinds; 3) specialty coworking --for instance cooking and baking and restauraunt fusions, or medical services coworking with related businesses.

But the real value you can offer is not to be found in this group (happy as we are to hear from you!), it is to be found by asking your coworkers. What they want and what they need is the best indicator of what you should offer. What they can offer each other is the best sourcce of innovative offerings.

Also, by checking in with Coworking Toronto and Coworking Ontario. If there is a regional collective you should certainly check them out, together is better.

Cheers,

Jeannine

Hi Vijak,

Welcome to the google group and to the Toronto coworking community!

If you haven’t already found us online, ‘Coworking Toronto’ is a collective of independent coworking spaces in Toronto, Canada.

Feel free to reach out to any of our independent member spaces and book a tour! Give a few spaces a call or email, and make time for a chat.

We love to talk coworking, to share best practices, and to collaborate :slight_smile:

Just let us know who you are and what you’re working on and we can do our best to help you out, or at the very least we can point you in the right direction.

http://coworkingtoronto.ca/find-a-space/

I’d like to ask you why it is that you’re working on this project? Your purpose or vision is a good starting point and can direct the structure or model.

But my answer to your question would also be to ask your members what they want, and build your model around their values and what they need.

Some needs are universal and some are very specific to each coworking community. So talk to your members.

If you don’t yet have a community of members or potential new members, you need to begin there.

We can help with ideas for building community or you can search this google group for a wealth of archived knowledge and experience that’s been shared between all of us over the years.

Best of luck, and we are looking forward to meeting you in TO!

Ashley

Ashley Proctor

Foundery
www.foundery.is

Creative Blueprint

www.creativeblueprint.ca

The Foundery Buildings
376 Bathurst Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5T 2S6

···

On 2015-12-17, at 10:43 PM, Vijak Haddadi wrote:

This is my introduction post so hi everybody! I am opening a new venture hub in Toronto which will offer coworking, workshops and acceleration for startups. I’ve got a nice downtown warehouse location with about 7000 square foot of space with high ceilings and lots of light. I am currently devising the business model, marketing campaign and service/product offerings and would love to hear from some of you what you think constitutes a really innovative and comprehensive coworking package to offer to members. I mean what appart from desk, wifi, coffee and access to meeting rooms can you offer to stand out and provide real value to freelancers and creatives? Are there any spaces you know of that have interesting or unique service packages for their members? Would love to get some ideas.

Thanks and kind regards from Toronto,
Vijak

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.