New to the group, new to coworking!

Hi! – I’m Alex!

I’m the community/operations manager for Greenway Central in Austin, TX.
I have been here for about 4 months and we just had our grand opening!
Before being hired at GWC, I had never even heard of coworking and my boyfriend who used to work at a small startup explained that he used to work in a well-known coworking space called Capital Factory.
Now I’m trying to absorb as much information as possible about it!

I found this group at the suggestion of many veteran coworking owners and managers in Austin - Shelley Delayne from Orange Coworking (my coworking mentor!), Liz Elam from Link coworking, and Felicity Maxwell at Fibercove.
This group has literally been suggested to me by EVERYONE in the coworking world that I have met so far.

My goal here is to learn more about coworking, connect and network with others in the local and global coworking community, and grow as an endeavoring entrepreneur.

Thank you so much and I’m happy to be here! :slight_smile:

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the group!

Like you, I’ve only come across coworking recently and I’m now in the process of absorbing everything related to the subject. I’m looking to open a space here in the UK and I can confirm that you have entered a world (and a Google Group) of some incredibly supportive, open and friendly people!

One of the things that has been suggested to me was to attend a conference, so I’m heading to the Coworking Europe Conference next month - not sure if there are any near you?

Anyway, best of luck with your learning - I hope you find this group as useful as I have.

All the best

Mark

···

On Friday, 20 October 2017 16:03:56 UTC+1, Alex Longoria wrote:

Hi! – I’m Alex!

Before being hired at GWC, I had never even heard of coworking and my boyfriend who used to work at a small startup explained that he used to work in a well-known coworking space called Capital Factory.

I found this group at the suggestion of many veteran coworking owners and managers in Austin - Shelley Delayne from Orange Coworking (my coworking mentor!), Liz Elam from Link coworking, and Felicity Maxwell at Fibercove.
This group has literally been suggested to me by EVERYONE in the coworking world that I have met so far.

My goal here is to learn more about coworking, connect and network with others in the local and global coworking community, and grow as an endeavoring entrepreneur.

Welcome Alex!

···

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 8:03:56 AM UTC-7, Alex Longoria wrote:

Hi! – I’m Alex!

Hi Alex

Thanks for saying ‘hello’

Hello from @Work Hubs in London, I am almost 5 years into coworking now and learning more and more all the time.

Cheers

Phil

···

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 4:03:56 PM UTC+1, Alex Longoria wrote:

Hi! – I’m Alex!

Hi and welcome to the party!

From me

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexahom/

···

On Friday, 20 October 2017 17:03:56 UTC+2, Alex Longoria wrote:

Hi! – I’m Alex!