New Creative Coworking Space in DTLA

Hello! My name is Evan, and I work for the Los Angeles Theater Center in Downtown Los Angeles.

We are based in a very large former bank building, and have floors of extra space – including office space. I have taken it upon myself to find a use for this space, and am looking into turning it into a Coworking Space. This is partially to generate some income from our otherwise empty building, but also to try to create a creative hub for people here in DTLA.

We have all of the necessary equipment (desks, print/scan, chairs, computers, coffee maker etc), and I will be moving my own desk into the space to act as the Office Manager of the space. But I was hoping for a bit of advice on anything else that you guys have run into in the process of starting a Cowork that we may not be expecting.

Any advice you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Did you ever get any help with this?

···

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 3:01:57 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

Hello! My name is Evan, and I work for the Los Angeles Theater Center in Downtown Los Angeles.

We are based in a very large former bank building, and have floors of extra space – including office space. I have taken it upon myself to find a use for this space, and am looking into turning it into a Coworking Space. This is partially to generate some income from our otherwise empty building, but also to try to create a creative hub for people here in DTLA.

We have all of the necessary equipment (desks, print/scan, chairs, computers, coffee maker etc), and I will be moving my own desk into the space to act as the Office Manager of the space. But I was hoping for a bit of advice on anything else that you guys have run into in the process of starting a Cowork that we may not be expecting.

Thank you so much!

Tabari,

Here is a great article to check out as you roll up your sleeves. https://www.habu.co/blog/growing-under-pressure

I would also highly recommend that you look into a Member Management System (we use Cobot) and an Access Control System (we use Kisi) to stay organized and automate many of the management duties such as member usage and payment for passes.

Best of Luck,

Richard

···

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 9:03 AM, Tabari Brannon [email protected] wrote:

Did you ever get any help with this?

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 3:01:57 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

Thank you so much!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Richard Stuart
Ten Below Coworking
p:
(218) 464-9724
w:
10belowcoworking.org e: [email protected]