Name Help - We Like Ike

My husband and I are starting a coworking space in our tiny town of 6,000 people. Luckily it is the home of the Dwight Eisenhower Presidential Library. We are struggling with a name and are wondering if we should tie it in to “Eisenhower” or “Ike”. Any thoughts / suggestions? Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hey Jen,

Congrats - exciting. Some advice I was given a long time ago, that might be relevant here, is not to name things after your location - reason being if you get super successful, develop an awesome brand and want to expand, a location-specific brand could be difficult.

Same advice on naming companies after yourself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would imagine you’re trying to get some search engine ‘juice’ by having an adjacent name? Presidential Coworking? The 34th - Coworking Space? Duckpin Coworking?

Ed

Ed -

Thank you so much for responding. And you are exactly right the more my husband and I thought about - keep it simple.

We live in a town of 5,000 people. We rented space down town, on the third floor. The rent around here is very minimal, so it will not take much for us to break even. We plan to target those who come in town to do research at the presidential library, attorneys that come over from neighboring towns, etc.,

I would love you insight on the ideal number of spaces and pricing.

Again, thank you, Ed.

Hopefully it’s ok with Alex is ok with me sharing this link… fill that form in and I’ll run the report through the Seeable Engine for you…

https://www.seeable.us/starting-a-coworking-space/

I’ll allow it if you share the results back here so others can learn!

Of course - happy to try and work something out - I’ll note that they’ll be specific to the location and potentially private to Jennifer but I’m sure we can do something :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like