More than a place to stay during GCUC - Coworking Retreat March 3-7

So….you need a place to stay during GCUC in Austin in March?

I promised an option to stay somewhere special, and a very special experience before and during GCUC.
What: 4 day Coworking Retreat Before & During GCUC

When: March 3-7

Why: Because GCUC is going to be great and we want to spend even more time with the people who make coworking awesome

**Where: The Beautiful ****Kimber Modern **

During the last few years at SXSW, Indy Hall and some friends have started a tradition of booking the Kimber Modern, a beautiful boutique hotel in South Austin. We set it up as a retreat from the chaos of the “main event”, and invite people to come over and spend quality time together. We build stronger bonds, learn from and about each other, and rejuvinate before we return home.
If you visited us at the Kimber Modern last year, you know how incredible this place is. If you haven’t seen it, pictures don’t do it justice, but you can get an idea of what it looks like. It’s hands down the sweetest place I’ve ever stayed, **which is why I’ve stayed there 4 years in a row. **

This year, we’re taking our tradition at the Kimber Modern and doing things a little bit differently.
As I’ve mentioned before, I want us to share this special experience with members of the global coworking community, with the goal of creating a uniquely intimate couple of days embedded inside the biggest coworking event in the world. We know that Liz and her team are already creating something amazing with GCUC, so the bar is high for us.
The retreat will include:

• 4 Nights Stay at the amazing Kimber Modern (http://kimbermodern.com) - Sunday March 3rd - Thursday, March 7th
  • Free breakfast bar every morning
  • Free gourmet coffee bar 24/7
  • Free happy hour every night (wine, beer, and mixed drinks)
  • A rare intimate bonding, learning, and sharing experience with coworking community members from around the world.
  • Other awesome surprises that we can’t tell you about yet! :wink:

So far, our multi-continental crew of all-stars will include:

• Sam Rosen from The Coop/Desktime

• Jacob Sayles and Susan Dorsch from Office Nomads

• Brad Krauskopf from The Hub Melbourne

• Nicolas Bergé from Les Satellites in Nice, France

• Myself & Adam from Indy Hall in Philadelphia

• Tony Bacigalupo from New Work City

• And you?

Things not included:
Your airfare, a GCUC ticket, anything that sucks

**Here’s the thing: we only have 2.5 rooms left. **

**Each room is $1300 & sleeps up to 2 ($650 per person) for all 4 nights/5 days during GCUC (Sunday 3/3->Thursday 3/7). **

Sorry, we can’t do partial stays since it’s a full-hotel booking.

If you don’t have a second person for your room in mind, we can work together to pair people up.

**If you want to stay the Kimber Modern with us, we need commitments ASAP to secure your spot. **

**You can email me directly [email protected] to join us. **

Thanks, and I’m looking forward to seeing you in Austin :slight_smile:

-Alex

···

/ah

indyhall.org

coworking in philadelphia

How are you set now Alex, still have any rooms left?

···

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Alex Hillman [email protected] wrote:

I promised an option to stay somewhere special, and a very special experience before and during GCUC.

Why: Because GCUC is going to be great and we want to spend even more time with the people who make coworking awesome

During the last few years at SXSW, Indy Hall and some friends have started a tradition of booking the Kimber Modern, a beautiful boutique hotel in South Austin. We set it up as a retreat from the chaos of the “main event”, and invite people to come over and spend quality time together. We build stronger bonds, learn from and about each other, and rejuvinate before we return home.
If you visited us at the Kimber Modern last year, you know how incredible this place is. If you haven’t seen it, pictures don’t do it justice, but you can get an idea of what it looks like. It’s hands down the sweetest place I’ve ever stayed, **which is why I’ve stayed there 4 years in a row. **

This year, we’re taking our tradition at the Kimber Modern and doing things a little bit differently.
As I’ve mentioned before, I want us to share this special experience with members of the global coworking community, with the goal of creating a uniquely intimate couple of days embedded inside the biggest coworking event in the world. We know that Liz and her team are already creating something amazing with GCUC, so the bar is high for us.

• 4 Nights Stay at the amazing Kimber Modern (http://kimbermodern.com) - Sunday March 3rd - Thursday, March 7th

• A rare intimate bonding, learning, and sharing experience with coworking community members from around the world.

• And you?

Things not included:

**Each room is $1300 & sleeps up to 2 ($650 per person) for all 4 nights/5 days during GCUC (Sunday 3/3->Thursday 3/7). **

If you don’t have a second person for your room in mind, we can work together to pair people up.

**If you want to stay the Kimber Modern with us, we need commitments ASAP to secure your spot. **

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

I have one room left! Interested?

···

/ah

indyhall.org

On Jan 30, 2013, at 8:22 PM, Julie Scanlon [email protected] wrote:

How are you set now Alex, still have any rooms left?

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Alex Hillman [email protected] wrote:

• And you?

Things not included:

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

In case anyone is waiting until the last minute, I still have a couple of spots left at our hotel.

Please email me ASAP to let us know if you want to join us!

-Alex

Hey Alex,

I am still looking for a place, I will be in Austin from the 3rd till the 10th. Is that free spot already taken?

Cheers!

Cristina
Cobot.me

Yes! We have room from the 3-7.

···

/ah

indyhall.org

Got Community? http://masterclass.indyhall.org

On Feb 7, 2013, at 4:32 AM, Cristina Santamarina [email protected] wrote:

Hey Alex,

I am still looking for a place, I will be in Austin from the 3rd till the 10th. Is that free spot already taken?

Cheers!

Cristina
Cobot.me

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Hi Alex

You still have place in the hotel.

How much is it just one person?

Thanks Manuel

···

El lunes, 21 de enero de 2013 18:02:00 UTC+1, Alex Hillman escribió:

• And you?

Things not included:

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

Hi Manuel!

We still have one room. Each two-person rooms is $1300 ($650 per person) so it’d be ideal if you found someone to share the room with since we’re coming down to the wire.

If you don’t have anybody in mind, maybe somebody else on the list might be interested?

I really hope you can join us!! :slight_smile:

-Alex

···

/ah

indyhall.org

On Feb 18, 2013, at 9:22 AM, manuel zea - coworkingspain.es [email protected] wrote:

Hi Alex

Thanks Manuel

• And you?

Things not included:

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

Thanks Alex

Its a bity but Is a bit out of my budget.

If you know someone is by their self, i just get room in the holiday inn Austin Midtown

Days: 4-7th March

Price 420$ +15%Tax

Thanks Manuel

Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
Dirección:
6000 Middle Fiskville Road
Austin (Texas), TX 78752

···

On 18 February 2013 15:58, Alex Hillman [email protected] wrote:

Hi Manuel!

We still have one room. The two-person rooms are $1300 ($650 per person) so it’d be ideal if you found someone to share the room with, since we’re down to the wire.

If you can’t find somebody, let me know and I’ll see what I can drum up. :slight_smile:

Hope you can join us!!

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

On Feb 18, 2013, at 9:22 AM, manuel zea - coworkingspain.es [email protected] wrote:

Hi Alex

Thanks Manuel

• And you?

Things not included:

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

Manuel Zea Barral

Manuel,

If you are still looking to avoid hotels, I am splitting a small apartment about 4 blocks from the music hall and I have some room. It is no where near as nice as Alex’s place but is looking to be about 100/night.

-DAniel
founder, LakeworkSpaces

···

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:17:26 PM UTC-5, manuel zea - coworkingspain.es wrote:

Thanks Alex

If you know someone is by their self, i just get room in the holiday inn Austin Midtown

Price 420$ +15%Tax

Thanks Manuel

Dirección:
Austin (Texas), TX 78752

Hi Manuel!

We still have one room. The two-person rooms are $1300 ($650 per person) so it’d be ideal if you found someone to share the room with, since we’re down to the wire.

If you can’t find somebody, let me know and I’ll see what I can drum up. :slight_smile:

Hope you can join us!!

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

Hi Alex

Thanks Manuel

• And you?

Things not included:

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

Manuel Zea Barral

Thanks Daniel

From 3 to 7 i cant cancel my hotel

but from 7 to 10 i still can cancel my hotel.

Do you have booked those days too? Is it still available?

Thanks Manuel

···

El miércoles, 20 de febrero de 2013 20:28:36 UTC+1, Daniel Dudley escribió:

Manuel,

If you are still looking to avoid hotels, I am splitting a small apartment about 4 blocks from the music hall and I have some room. It is no where near as nice as Alex’s place but is looking to be about 100/night.

-DAniel
founder, LakeworkSpaces

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:17:26 PM UTC-5, manuel zea - coworkingspain.es wrote:

Thanks Alex

Price 420$ +15%Tax

Thanks Manuel

Dirección:
Austin (Texas), TX 78752

Hi Manuel!

Hope you can join us!!

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

Hi Alex

Thanks Manuel

• And you?

Things not included:

-Alex

/ah

indyhall.org

Manuel Zea Barral

Hi Kevin, Daniel

From 3 to 7 I can´t cancel my hotel. If i cancel it will lose the money.

From 7 to 10 yes i can cancel the hotel. Are you going to be in that location those days?

if yes let me know and will be nice to join you there.

Thanks Manuel

···

El lunes, 25 de febrero de 2013 22:49:34 UTC+1, Kevin Leong escribió:

manuel -

Manuel –

I am rooming with Daniel. He got the place from AirBnB.

You can check it out here — https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/915168.

– Kevin

Thanks Daniel

Thanks Manuel

We are living on the 7th. You should email the owner on AirBnB.

• Kevin Leong

http://coworkingdashboard.com/

···

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:51 AM, manuel zea - coworkingspain.es [email protected] wrote:

Hi Kevin, Daniel

From 3 to 7 I can´t cancel my hotel. If i cancel it will lose the money.

From 7 to 10 yes i can cancel the hotel. Are you going to be in that location those days?

if yes let me know and will be nice to join you there.

Thanks Manuel

El lunes, 25 de febrero de 2013 22:49:34 UTC+1, Kevin Leong escribió:

manuel -

Manuel –

I am rooming with Daniel. He got the place from AirBnB.

You can check it out here — https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/915168.

– Kevin

Thanks Daniel

Thanks Manuel

Kevin Leong
Founder & CEO of TAPTIN