Thank you Bernhard!
We have a miscellaneous item in the budget that is meant to cover al lthe unexpected costs, so I would say maintenance is included in there, but maybe it would be wise to separarte it as an individual item.
Marketing… definitely. It needs to be an ongoing cost, not just a launching effort. I will add it to the list.
Security: isn’t that part of the software? The ones I’m looking at have this feature to enter the office an access the meeting rooms and so. Is that what you meant?
IT services: yes, I guess repairs and regular maintenance, but everything like access points, routers, etc, is not a monthly cost, or is it?
And I will add coffee.
Any suggestion as to how much to calculate a month?
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 8:33:29 AM UTC-4, Bernhard Mehl wrote:
Cecilia, Coffee is definitely a significant cost, probably more so than administration software.
What I don’t see on your list is:
- IT: IT services, IT equipment like printer, access points, routers, internet connectivity, etc
- Security: Alarm services or access control (depending on size of the space)
- Maintenance: I’d add a maintenance budget for fixing the broken toilet, repairing the coffee spill that dripped through the floor, the broken xyz, etc
- Marketing: Having your website hosted somewhere, your email marketing program, SEO or paid advertising if you do that
On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 7:22:43 PM UTC-4, Cecilia Neher wrote:
We are working on a business plan for a coworking space in Washington DC and I’m wondering if we are leaving something out in the list of monthly costs.
Would you mind telling me if there is something missing from this list?
- Water (is this significant?)
- Administration software
I’m not sure if adding coffee, sugar, etc, and office supplies. Are those significant costs as to consider them in the business plan?
We are also debating on the ratio between private offices and open seats (in assigned and unassigned desks). Do you have more seats in private offices than in open spaces? Does the private offices have less rotation than the open desks?
Thanks for your feedback