Managing printing / Printing client software

May I please ask for suggestions how your space monitors printing allocations or what software you use as a printing client? We having given different levels of membership printing allocations, and charging per page above that, but not sure how we can easily monitor. Thank you!

For monitoring, we do https://collectiveagency.co/community-guidelines/ which I sometimes describe as “self-tracking and honor system” and it works great as the core of the terms of service. Holding people accountable is definitely necessary once in a rare while, and a great culture is helpful (and accountability is necessary to get to a great culture). We also do this self-tracking and honor system with time in conference rooms, and members on the up-to-6-days-a-month membership option, and other things, and the community guidelines apply to everything.

Members here pay for “Printing at-cost if more than $8 per person per month (black-and-white text is 8 cents per page, full-color pages of photos are $3 per page).” We have a cash jar next to the coffee and a “misc payment$” webpage.

If a lot more members printed a lot more often, we’d probably find a way to cover costs and include it in a flat fee for membership.

We also have https://collectiveagency.co/governance-guidelines/ which are the governance version of the community guidelines. Recently I’ve started reading about tort law, which seems to be the kind of generative law/guidelines that the community guidelines are? whereas the more specific/prescriptive terms of service are like most common law/rules. If anyone’s interested/knowledgeable in that, I’d love to chat about it or read book or article recommendations.

···

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:38 AM, [email protected] wrote:

May I please ask for suggestions how your space monitors printing allocations or what software you use as a printing client? We having given different levels of membership printing allocations, and charging per page above that, but not sure how we can easily monitor. Thank you!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Alex Linsker • Business Owner
Collective Agency • Coworking Spaces with Cozy Community
(503) 915-4769 office • (503) 369-9174 mobile
3050 SE Division, Suite 245 • Portland Oregon 97202
511 SW 10th Ave, Suite 1108 • Portland Oregon 97205

Hey Erinn, Hello from India

If you are dealing with anything around 40-60 people, I would recommend keep it free as they will not be printing something on daily basis.

Sign up with Cartridge refill centre to get your cost down on refills and rather have an extra charge on printing members.

For larger spaces, Printing companies provide you with a card reader which is RFID and can be enabled onto your membership RFID cards itself.

WeWork has done something similar onto their membership RFID Tags.

Other than that, a responsible project makes the community work by putting in the money into the box for the printing. I believe that should solve your problem again if under 100 people team.

I d be happy to know how other people manage the same as well.

···

Sincere regards

Mr. K.
603 The CoWorking Space

+91 9136036603

Correspondence Address | 601 - 603 Makhija Arcade | 35th Road, Bandra (w) | Mumbai 400 050 |

Contact Numbers - | Tel: +91 22 67102052 | Fax: +91 22 67102055 |

I agree with Alex, but we have other solutions that can fit to your needs.

I am a java developer and always wanted to develope a printing manager based on CUPS (https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/cups.html.en)

If someone(or a group) want to put this idea forward, let me know.

The main idea is to create a printing manager api to integrate with your coworking admin software.

···

Alex Linsker • Business Owner
Collective Agency • Coworking Spaces with Cozy Community
(503) 915-4769 office • (503) 369-9174 mobile
3050 SE Division, Suite 245 • Portland Oregon 97202
511 SW 10th Ave, Suite 1108 • Portland Oregon 97205

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:38 AM, [email protected] wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Eduardo Nobre
(85) 98605 0000 (OI)

“I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done”

I’ve been using the platform ezeep to manage printing services for a few months and it’s been a game changer. My printing parameters are fairly simple but you can manage multiple printers with various allocations of pages/pricing. It’s a seamless user interface as well as back-end configurations and processes. I highly recommend looking into it. The only consideration is it does not support tracking for making copies but my members make copies so infrequently I don’t worry about it - you could also require they scan and then print.

···

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-5, [email protected] wrote:

we have had some issues with our members using Ezeep. Not finding the printer, things not printing, some of them never got the invitations from Ezeep

I am still looking for a solution that will track printing as well as add a RFID scanner to the printer for copies. Our people make a lot of copies and we have to do a lot of manual tracking.

···

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Alex Liekhus [email protected] wrote:

I’ve been using the platform ezeep to manage printing services for a few months and it’s been a game changer. My printing parameters are fairly simple but you can manage multiple printers with various allocations of pages/pricing. It’s a seamless user interface as well as back-end configurations and processes. I highly recommend looking into it. The only consideration is it does not support tracking for making copies but my members make copies so infrequently I don’t worry about it - you could also require they scan and then print.

J****oshua Webb

Chief Growth Antagonist[email protected] **844-455-GROW ****(**4769) Growthli.com

Try PrintWithMe. We like it

Jerome

···

On Aug 10, 2018, at 3:47 PM, Joshua Webb [email protected] wrote:

we have had some issues with our members using Ezeep. Not finding the printer, things not printing, some of them never got the invitations from Ezeep

I am still looking for a solution that will track printing as well as add a RFID scanner to the printer for copies. Our people make a lot of copies and we have to do a lot of manual tracking.

J****oshua Webb

Chief Growth Antagonist[email protected] **844-455-GROW ****(**4769) Growthli.com

Print with me provides printers. We already have commercial printers. But it was an interesting option

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)
Https://Growthli.com

© Growthli | A Place To Learn, Grow, & Office™

ATTENTION: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

···

J****oshua Webb

Yup. But many spaces don’t, or are seeking to replace.

We use their printer up front and a main copier/printer in the back.

We found eZeep to be too costly per print or per user above a certain threshold.

JEROME CHANG

···

J****oshua Webb

I have a copier/printer that each member has a code to put in to copy and has their laptop set up to print to. Once a month I pull a report that shows the number of pages per user so I can invoice for any over their free limit. So far it is working great.

Wendy

The Desk & Easel

Denison Texas

···

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 6:47 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Coworking] Re: Managing printing / Printing client software

We found eZeep to be too costly per print or per user above a certain threshold.

JEROME CHANG

On Aug 10, 2018, at 4:34 PM, Joshua Webb [email protected] wrote:

Print with me provides printers. We already have commercial printers. But it was an interesting option

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

ATTENTION: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 6:02 PM Jerome Chang [email protected] wrote:

Jerome

Joshua Webb

Chief Growth Antagonist[email protected] **844-455-GROW **(4769) Growthli.com

is it worth it?

···

Eduardo Nobre
(85) 98605 0000 (OI)

That remains to be seen. I’ve only been open since January of this year. One of my members is a real estate agent who makes good use of the copier/printer as do I. I charge more than I pay for the copies so I believe it will be worth it.

···

Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 10:42 AM

is it worth it?

Em seg, 13 de ago de 2018 às 12:28, Wendy [email protected] escreveu:

I have a copier/printer that each member has a code to put in to copy and has their laptop set up to print to. Once a month I pull a report that shows the number of pages per user so I can invoice for any over their free limit. So far it is working great.

Wendy

The Desk & Easel

Denison Texas

JEROME CHANG

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

Jerome

Joshua Webb

Eduardo Nobre

(85) 98605 0000 (OI)

Hi Wendy,

This sounds like a solution we are after as well. Does the printer come with a built-in software for this? And how do you assign codes, manually?

Thanks so much!

Cindy

MombasaWorks

···

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 6:22 PM, Wendy [email protected] wrote:

Wendy

The Desk & Easel

Denison Texas

JEROME CHANG

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

Jerome

Joshua Webb

Cindy N Lithimbi

+254 (0) 724 940783
@Cindyanl

Hey Cindy,

We bought a refurbished Lanier LD645C from a local business machine company. I use my computer to add the members with their unique code. I use another locally owned IT company who come in and set up the members laptops to print straight to the Lanier. At the end of the month I pull a user report that shows how many copies/prints each member used. If it is over the included amount based on their membership level then I invoice for that amount with their monthly membership fee. It has worked well so far.

Wendy

···

Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:48 AM

Hi Wendy,

This sounds like a solution we are after as well. Does the printer come with a built-in software for this? And how do you assign codes, manually?

Thanks so much!

Cindy

MombasaWorks

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 6:22 PM, Wendy [email protected] wrote:

Wendy

The Desk & Easel

Denison Texas

JEROME CHANG

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

Jerome

Joshua Webb

Cindy N Lithimbi

+254 (0) 724 940783
@Cindyanl

@jerome do you get the revenue share kickbacks from printwithme? Curious if a small space would have any chance of getting a kickback when our printing volume is so low.

···

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 5:02:11 PM UTC-6, Jerome wrote:

Jerome

J****oshua Webb

No meaningful revenue from the kickbacks. That was always a nice benefit, but the primary one was to avoid billable time to install printer drivers, which was for us, on the order of several per week. One person recently even made us install 4 times for 4 laptops b/c he kept switching laptops!

Keep in mind that some printer driver installations could take 1/2 hr, and typically for Windows PC laptops.

JEROME CHANG
talk to us: (323) 330-9505

chat w/ us: http://www.BLANKSPACES.com/chat

WEST: Santa Monica | 1450 2nd St (@Broadway)

(@Main St)

**CENTRAL: Culver City | 9415 Culver Blvd ******

(@Pershing Sq)

EAST: DTLA | 529 S. Broadway, Ste 400 ****

···

On Aug 14, 2018, at 9:40 AM, Angel Kwiatkowski [email protected] wrote:

@jerome do you get the revenue share kickbacks from printwithme? Curious if a small space would have any chance of getting a kickback when our printing volume is so low.

Jerome

J****oshua Webb

@wendy - Is there a name to the software / code that you use to give to your clients and then pull out a report?

Any further information will help

···

Sincere regards

Mr. Neeraj Ravindran C/o Admin Team
603 The CoWorking Space

+91 9136036603

Correspondence Address | 601 - 603 Makhija Arcade | 35th Road, Bandra (w) | Mumbai 400 050 |

It is all available online through the copies/printer. My copier is a Lanier LD645C and I go online to the address book to add new members access to the copier. Then from the touch screen on the copier I can select what reports I need and then print them.

···

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:02 AM

@wendy - Is there a name to the software / code that you use to give to your clients and then pull out a report?

Sincere regards

603 The CoWorking Space

+91 9136036603

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1yuoLRkn3Q6rmTkSe6gFonnnX1Cm6KFty&revid=0Bz-YNr7PyEqdbXBVOHZTcFg4bUJ2TllCdGRqY3FOK0lUV0JvPQ

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0Bz-YNr7PyEqdVllOM2dvaV95bElPRGwzZ3A2eUdKZ3hwVGRJ&export=download

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 4:38 AM Jerome Chang [email protected] wrote:

No meaningful revenue from the kickbacks. That was always a nice benefit, but the primary one was to avoid billable time to install printer drivers, which was for us, on the order of several per week. One person recently even made us install 4 times for 4 laptops b/c he kept switching laptops!

Keep in mind that some printer driver installations could take 1/2 hr, and typically for Windows PC laptops.

JEROME CHANG

CENTRAL: Culver City | 9415 Culver Blvd

(@Main St)

EAST: DTLA | 529 S. Broadway, Ste 400

(@Pershing Sq)

NORTH: Pasadena | 680 E. Colorado, Ste 180 (b/w Lake and Los Robles)

SOUTH: Long Beach | 309 Pine Ave (@Broadway) - opening summer 2018

Jerome

Joshua Webb

Papercut is a great product that integrates with our membership software, however I think they have software too.

···

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 11:11 AM Wendy [email protected] wrote:

It is all available online through the copies/printer. My copier is a Lanier LD645C and I go online to the address book to add new members access to the copier. Then from the touch screen on the copier I can select what reports I need and then print them.

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:02 AM

Sincere regards

603 The CoWorking Space

+91 9136036603

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1yuoLRkn3Q6rmTkSe6gFonnnX1Cm6KFty&revid=0Bz-YNr7PyEqdbXBVOHZTcFg4bUJ2TllCdGRqY3FOK0lUV0JvPQ

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0Bz-YNr7PyEqdVllOM2dvaV95bElPRGwzZ3A2eUdKZ3hwVGRJ&export=download

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 4:38 AM Jerome Chang [email protected] wrote:

JEROME CHANG

**CENTRAL: Culver City | 9415 Culver Blvd **

(@Main St)

**EAST: DTLA | 529 S. Broadway, Ste 400 **

(@Pershing Sq)

NORTH: Pasadena | 680 E. Colorado, Ste 180 (b/w Lake and Los Robles)

SOUTH: Long Beach | 309 Pine Ave (@Broadway) - opening summer 2018

Jerome

Joshua Webb