Mail for your members

Hi everyone. If you accept mail for your members what is your process for letting them know they have mail, how do you keep the mail and do you have a log to show when they were notified and when they picked up mail? I am having an issue with a member saying they received a notification email from us that they had mail but then coming in and it not being in their folder. We have a log through COBOT of all emails sent to members and do not show that an email was sent to them. Just curious what your process is for mail pick up and notification. Thanks!

Dear Gretchen,
I guess it depends a lot on your culture and also the size of your space! I our case we are a small space and we have a very open culture. When mail comes in we usually post a photo of the mail in our group channel. Our members adapted this behaviour and do the same when mail arrives and the team is not present.

All the best to you!

Uwe

Hey Gretchen,

I built an app for our cowork space - it sends a notification to them with the date that it came in and any identifiers. It records all the post received to their account so we can easily look something up if they have suggested something fishy about it…

1. we check it in on the app

2. they get the notification to pick it up

3. we pigeon hole it.

I was thinking about making it available for other cowork spaces to use. Would be interesting to get your thoughts on it if it would help you too! I am also looking at building in a mail forwarding offering, where they can select any pieces of mail they would like forwarded or something. Not sure yet!

···

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 11:08:43 PM UTC+1, Gretchen Bilbro wrote:

Hi everyone. If you accept mail for your members what is your process for letting them know they have mail, how do you keep the mail and do you have a log to show when they were notified and when they picked up mail? I am having an issue with a member saying they received a notification email from us that they had mail but then coming in and it not being in their folder. We have a log through COBOT of all emails sent to members and do not show that an email was sent to them. Just curious what your process is for mail pick up and notification. Thanks!

I would be interested in it Matt. Especially if it could possibly integrate with our management system OfficeR&D

···

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 2:08 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hey Gretchen,

I built an app for our cowork space - it sends a notification to them with the date that it came in and any identifiers. It records all the post received to their account so we can easily look something up if they have suggested something fishy about it…

1. they get the notification to pick it up
  1. we pigeon hole it.

I was thinking about making it available for other cowork spaces to use. Would be interesting to get your thoughts on it if it would help you too! I am also looking at building in a mail forwarding offering, where they can select any pieces of mail they would like forwarded or something. Not sure yet!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

J****oshua Webb

Chief Growth Antagonist[email protected] **844-455-GROW ****(**4769) Growthli.com

Hey Josh,

For sure i’ll ping you an email! you can have a look and see if it’s any use to you :slight_smile:

It could integrate into OfficeRnD via Zapier - we also use OfficeRnD but haven’t found a need to integrate it just yet. Are you thinking for billing purposes or just adding the customer data?

Uwe - thats cool I like that idea too!

···

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 11:24:19 PM UTC+1, Joshua Webb wrote:

I would be interested in it Matt. Especially if it could possibly integrate with our management system OfficeR&D

J****oshua Webb

Chief Growth Antagonist[email protected] **844-455-GROW ****(**4769) Growthli.com

Hey Gretchen,

1. we pigeon hole it.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Customer data so no rekeying but also to have some record inside Officernd about each notification so it can be seen there instead of just in the app.

Billing would be a good idea for excessive mail handling or forwarding but not a deal breaker.

My email is [email protected]

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)
Https://Growthli.com

© Growthli | A Place To Learn, Grow, & Office™

···

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 8:59 AM [email protected] wrote:

Hey Josh,

For sure i’ll ping you an email! you can have a look and see if it’s any use to you :slight_smile:

It could integrate into OfficeRnD via Zapier - we also use OfficeRnD but haven’t found a need to integrate it just yet. Are you thinking for billing purposes or just adding the customer data?

J****oshua Webb

Hey Gretchen,

1. we pigeon hole it.

I’m also very interested in an app that helps us notify/remind our members when they get mail. Our biggest problem is people not knowing (or knowing and then forgetting) that they have mail or packages to pick up.

I’ve tried the other mailroom management apps for coworking spaces and apartment buildings and they’re either buggy, expensive, or both!

My “dream” app would be very simple:

1 - take a photo of the label and OCR the name/address.

2 - attempt to match the name to a name on our membership roster.

3 - if it’s a direct match, fire off an email with the photo attached. If there are multiple potential matches, let us pick the correct one and fire off the same kind of notice.

Special bonus if there’s a way for us to go back and tag items that haven’t been picked up yet to send a reminder of some sort.

OCR is the hardest part of the whole stack, so I’d be okay with manual entry if it’s fast (minimal number of taps/clicks/steps to find and notify).

IMO the person who builds this as an app and integrates it with multiple coworking platforms is going to make a ton of money, this is a very painful problem for a lot of spaces.

···

The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org

Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com

My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten

FYI, from my experience, there’s a psychology of the customers that can tip the scale for the business decision on how to manage mail. Issue:

- If you provide mail notification to presumably everyone, you open the door to committing to process 100% of the mail to 100% of your members.

- If you have members pay more to get notified, then you limit the amount of work to process mail, outside of just sorting it (my recommendation).

That said, how many or what % would pay to be notified? We’ve learned from managing literally 100’s of mail recipients at a time, that it’s faster and simpler for us to manually notify people thru email:

“You’ve received mail from

ABC

XYZ

Etc.”

Done. No other tech required.

Why? There’s really only a handful (anecdotally ~10%) of our members who get mail regularly enough or urgently enough to require weekly, let alone daily, notifications.

JEROME CHANG
talk to us: (323) 330-9505

chat w/ us: http://www.BLANKSPACES.com/chat

WEST: Santa Monica | 1450 2nd St (@Broadway)

(@Main St)

**CENTRAL: Culver City | 9415 Culver Blvd ******

(@Pershing Sq)

EAST: DTLA | 529 S. Broadway, Ste 400 ****

···

On Jun 19, 2018, at 9:31 AM, Alex Hillman [email protected] wrote:

I’m also very interested in an app that helps us notify/remind our members when they get mail. Our biggest problem is people not knowing (or knowing and then forgetting) that they have mail or packages to pick up.

I’ve tried the other mailroom management apps for coworking spaces and apartment buildings and they’re either buggy, expensive, or both!

3 - if it’s a direct match, fire off an email with the photo attached. If there are multiple potential matches, let us pick the correct one and fire off the same kind of notice.

Special bonus if there’s a way for us to go back and tag items that haven’t been picked up yet to send a reminder of some sort.

OCR is the hardest part of the whole stack, so I’d be okay with manual entry if it’s fast (minimal number of taps/clicks/steps to find and notify).

IMO the person who builds this as an app and integrates it with multiple coworking platforms is going to make a ton of money, this is a very painful problem for a lot of spaces.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:47 AM Joshua Webb [email protected] wrote:

Customer data so no rekeying but also to have some record inside Officernd about each notification so it can be seen there instead of just in the app.

Billing would be a good idea for excessive mail handling or forwarding but not a deal breaker.

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

Hey Josh,

J****oshua Webb

Hey Gretchen,

1. we pigeon hole it.

Good info guys.

What do you think about a paid service that will include texting a picture of only first class mail and packages? Most people will be looking for checks and important documents.

I will have everyone’s name in my phone in alphabetical order anyway.

How much time could that take? …(He says cringing.)

Thanks!

Brian Burgett

···

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Jerome Chang [email protected] wrote:

FYI, from my experience, there’s a psychology of the customers that can tip the scale for the business decision on how to manage mail. Issue:

• If you provide mail notification to presumably everyone, you open the door to committing to process 100% of the mail to 100% of your members.
  • If you have members pay more to get notified, then you limit the amount of work to process mail, outside of just sorting it (my recommendation).

That said, how many or what % would pay to be notified? We’ve learned from managing literally 100’s of mail recipients at a time, that it’s faster and simpler for us to manually notify people thru email:

ABC

XYZ

Etc.”

Why? There’s really only a handful (anecdotally ~10%) of our members who get mail regularly enough or urgently enough to require weekly, let alone daily, notifications.

JEROME CHANG

(@Main St)

(@Pershing Sq)

NORTH: Pasadena | 680 E. Colorado, Ste 180 (b/w Lake and Los Robles)

SOUTH: Long Beach | 309 Pine Ave (@Broadway) - opening summer 2018

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

Hey Josh,

J****oshua Webb

Hey Gretchen,

1. we pigeon hole it.

I’d definitely be interested too. The system we’re using now is ok, but I’m always trying to improve things.

I’ve been using a direct message in Slack, and providing the name from the return address is enough for most folks. People know who their clients are, and an envelope from “payment processing center” is a dead giveaway that they’ve just been paid. Those envelopes don’t hang around very long. The only time I’ve wished for a photo/OCR solution is trying to enter the tracking numbers from UPS (easy) and FedEx (hate those things, the font is like 8pt).

Glen Ferguson

Phone: 301-732-5165

Email: [email protected]

Address: 122 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701

···

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Brian Burgett [email protected] wrote:

Good info guys.

What do you think about a paid service that will include texting a picture of only first class mail and packages? Most people will be looking for checks and important documents.

I will have everyone’s name in my phone in alphabetical order anyway.

How much time could that take? …(He says cringing.)

Thanks!

Brian Burgett

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Jerome Chang [email protected] wrote:

• If you provide mail notification to presumably everyone, you open the door to committing to process 100% of the mail to 100% of your members.
  • If you have members pay more to get notified, then you limit the amount of work to process mail, outside of just sorting it (my recommendation).

ABC

XYZ

Etc.”

JEROME CHANG

(@Main St)

(@Pershing Sq)

NORTH: Pasadena | 680 E. Colorado, Ste 180 (b/w Lake and Los Robles)

SOUTH: Long Beach | 309 Pine Ave (@Broadway) - opening summer 2018

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

Hey Josh,

J****oshua Webb

Hey Gretchen,

1. we pigeon hole it.

I am curious if anyone is using Spheremail for this and what input they have about it.

We notify people either via Whatsapp or email, their choice.

About once a quarter we send people whose mail has been hanging around, a reminder to come get mail within two weeks and if they do not we charge them for archiving. This charge amounts to like nothing but for some reason it does get the people who have not, to show up.

···

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 12:08:43 AM UTC+2, Gretchen Bilbro wrote:

Hi all. We’re starting to work with Spheremail. The scanning feature that Alex is asking for – you take a picture, it posts directly to the member’s account – is supposed to be ready shortly. At the moment, it’s pretty quick. You start typing the member’s name or mailbox, and it autofills. Then you start typing who it’s from, and that autofills. On to the next. The member can then click whether to toss, scan, hold, etc. I also just tried out the remote notarization service through them, and it worked really well. And we’ve set up VoIP phones through it, too, but only to test so far. Pricing is really good on that.

···

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 3:08:43 PM UTC-7, Gretchen Bilbro wrote:

Does this integrate with OfficeRnD.com ?

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

ATTENTION: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

···

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 9:33 AM [email protected] wrote:

Hi Gretchen,

There are two ways to notify your customers either via web or a mobile device. Notifying members via the web can be very fast because you are able to enter all incoming mail in bulk, You’d also keep paper trail and history of all mail times, as Barbara explained (thank you Barbara) a member can request different actions, scan, forward, shred etc. You’re able to control what actions to enable or disable for your members.

Our mobile app, is fairly new, still in beta, it works on most mobile devices including pads but with iPhone 8 specifically there are a few defects are being worked on due to the device itself.

Our per-member notification portal is now being used by large spaces, to name a few; StartHub Miami, Firm VO and Intelligent Offices.

Hasan Mirjan
SphereMail 1619 4th Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95404 O: (888) 818-6477 x301
M:(310) 622-3687 - M:(415) 316-4423

PATENT PENDING U.S. 62672753

On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 5:58:15 PM UTC-7, Barbara Sprenger wrote:

Hi all. We’re starting to work with Spheremail. The scanning feature that Alex is asking for – you take a picture, it posts directly to the member’s account – is supposed to be ready shortly. At the moment, it’s pretty quick. You start typing the member’s name or mailbox, and it autofills. Then you start typing who it’s from, and that autofills. On to the next. The member can then click whether to toss, scan, hold, etc. I also just tried out the remote notarization service through them, and it worked really well. And we’ve set up VoIP phones through it, too, but only to test so far. Pricing is really good on that.

Hi Joshua,

It does not at this time.

Hasan Mirjan

···

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 7:19:21 PM UTC-7, Joshua Webb wrote:

Does this integrate with OfficeRnD.com ?

Joshua Webb

Founder at Growthli

844-455-GROW (4769)

ATTENTION: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 9:33 AM [email protected] wrote:

Hi Gretchen,

There are two ways to notify your customers either via web or a mobile device. Notifying members via the web can be very fast because you are able to enter all incoming mail in bulk, You’d also keep paper trail and history of all mail times, as Barbara explained (thank you Barbara) a member can request different actions, scan, forward, shred etc. You’re able to control what actions to enable or disable for your members.

Our mobile app, is fairly new, still in beta, it works on most mobile devices including pads but with iPhone 8 specifically there are a few defects are being worked on due to the device itself.

Our per-member notification portal is now being used by large spaces, to name a few; StartHub Miami, Firm VO and Intelligent Offices.

Hasan Mirjan

On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 5:58:15 PM UTC-7, Barbara Sprenger wrote:

Hi Gretchen and all!

We took a similar approach to what Alex is describing when building the deliveries module for Nexudus. The biggest challenge was, as Alex said, the OCR bit. This involved several trips to a recycling point to try to find as many delivery labels of different layouts as possible, to build the training data for the module. Fun day! :slight_smile:

This is how we approached it:

1. You use the app to take a picture of the delivery note, make it as clear as possible (rotate, crop and sharpen) and create the delivery record in the system.

1. This is then converted to text (OCR) and matched against your member database. In the back-end you can see which labels we managed to match and which ones we didn’t. You can choose a member at that point as you go through the list. You don’t do any of this on the phone itself as we found it was easier and faster to do in a computer and ensures you can scan a large volume of labels quickly and worry about the matching process later.

2. Once we have figured out who the delivery is for or if you have selected a member, we send them an email notification (which you can also connect to slack, zapier and usual suspects…). This also includes the picture of the label.

1. Lastly, members can see all their deliveries from their account page. We show status, whether they need to sign the delivery, who collected it where in the build it is and the actual label again, in case they missed the notification. This page also suggests members to use specific delivery details, based on what we have in the database for them, so the automatic matching process has the highest chance of finding them.

This is actually a free module so, if you didn’t want to use Nexudus for anything other than this, you could give it a go at no cost.

Happy to help anyone who is looking at building something like this. It was a fun little project for us!

···