Kitchens/kitchenettes

Hey there;

Is some form of a kitchen/kitchenette absolutely necessary? What’s the best square footage to dedicate to this amenity?

Thank you!

Wayne

www.hinesburgHUB.com

YES. OMG, YES. Picture where everyone hangs out when you have a party at your house. If I could build my own space I would have a very large, open and centralized kitchen with an enormous island that people could stand or work from on stools. The kitchen brings your members to it with the allure of coffee or food and is a perfect spot to meet people or have a quick conversation between projects.

Angel

···

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 11:34:12 AM UTC-6, [email protected] wrote:

Hey there;

Is some form of a kitchen/kitchenette absolutely necessary? What’s the best square footage to dedicate to this amenity?

Thank you!

Wayne

www.hinesburgHUB.com

Makes complete sense. An interior designer I worked with on a preliminary sketch for a space that did not work out conveyed the importance of a centralized kitchen area for exactly the reasons you mention. Thanks!

It will depend on the size of the group. But a 10 x 7 foot area would cover you major necessities.

···

On Aug 24, 2017 12:34 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hey there;

Thank you!

Wayne

www.hinesburgHUB.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Curious why you are asking and if you were thinking of an alternative.

I created a kitchenette first thing because, as only staff of a new space with few members who use the space sporadically, I’m kinda stuck here. I want to prep relatively healthy food options for myself. No data yet on how others will use the kitchenette. It’s still random.

We have about 600 sq ft in our space - 3 interconnected rooms, so wherever you are, you’re close to everything else. I have a corner in the largest room with a full-size fridge and a shelf unit with microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, dishes/glasses/flatware. Unfortunately no space for a table or countertop nearby to prep food. But we work around it.

For our next space, I’ll think hard about making a large, open kitchen/kitchenette area with a long two-sided bar. Horizon Coworking in Madison WI does it well.

···

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 12:34:12 PM UTC-5, [email protected] wrote:

Hey there;

Thank you!

Wayne

www.hinesburgHUB.com