Just opened coworking space in Ypsilanti, Michigan...what do you think?

Hi Everyone,

First wanted to thank everyone who participates here as you have helped us tremendously while working on our plans to open GoWork.

Check us out at www.goworkcowork.com. If you have any feedback on the site, we would love it.

So far we are just getting started but have run both Adwords and Facebook ads to get some awareness going. We’ve been setting up tours and getting people interested. If anyone has had good luck marketing on FB or Google, we’d love to discuss what works and what doesn’t. Diving into both opening a business while marketing it has been challenging but a ton of fun as well.

We’ll keep you updated on how we’re doing and any good ideas that come from our operation.

Best,

Kyle

Hooray! I have a free website checklist you can use to self-audit your site.
http://coherecommunity.com/shop/coworking-website-checklist

Angel

···

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 2:25:07 PM UTC-6, Kyle Thibaut wrote:

Hi Everyone,

First wanted to thank everyone who participates here as you have helped us tremendously while working on our plans to open GoWork.

Check us out at www.goworkcowork.com. If you have any feedback on the site, we would love it.

So far we are just getting started but have run both Adwords and Facebook ads to get some awareness going. We’ve been setting up tours and getting people interested. If anyone has had good luck marketing on FB or Google, we’d love to discuss what works and what doesn’t. Diving into both opening a business while marketing it has been challenging but a ton of fun as well.

We’ll keep you updated on how we’re doing and any good ideas that come from our operation.

Best,

Kyle

Hi Kyle and congrat on your grand opening of your coworking space.
Me too I’m in the same situation as you are. I’m ready at 80% with the space (today installation of air conditions…) and will open in mid August.

I will plan visit and pre-enroll in June-July and opening only in mid-Aug as I’m taking my last vacation trip to Hawaii as an employee (still at this time I’m writing) in July (my company free trip), then will be back for the opening and as an entrepreneur (quit job).

I’ts been 2 months since I’ve started.

I’m also interested as well as Kyle for marketing solutions from experience coworking managers here.

I don’t plan to do Facebook ads as it is too wide for my local area. I want to really focus or target local independant entrepreneurs.

I will contact local universities and share my space so students that start a new career as an entrepreneur can join my coworking place.

I plan to advertise on online classified ads, have a meetup event or contact local meetup groups.

I think you really must focus on your target clients. Coworking is a niche market. Can be mom at home, freelancers…

It’s weird because I’ve been years in marketing and advertising (my main job) for companies and for myself I have no clues on how to do marketing for coworking! Simply incredible! Might come with ideas but need your help and advices.

Kyle I’ve visit your site and FB page and I suggest you add pictures of your coworking spaces, desk… so people have an idea where they will work. It’s like selling in real estate, the more nice pictures you have the more they will be interested.

···

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:25:07 AM UTC-10, Kyle Thibaut wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Best,

Kyle

Hi Kyle, first, congrats on your new space. I would agree with Steve that posting pictures is very important. I held a webinar a couple months back and we invited one of our partners who is an expert in Google analytics. One of the points he mentioned was about posting pictures. If you want to learn more, I am happy to make an intro for you.

···

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 11:02:58 PM UTC+1, steve suard wrote:

Me too I’m in the same situation as you are. I’m ready at 80% with the space (today installation of air conditions…) and will open in mid August.

I will plan visit and pre-enroll in June-July and opening only in mid-Aug as I’m taking my last vacation trip to Hawaii as an employee (still at this time I’m writing) in July (my company free trip), then will be back for the opening and as an entrepreneur (quit job).

I’ts been 2 months since I’ve started.

I’m also interested as well as Kyle for marketing solutions from experience coworking managers here.

I don’t plan to do Facebook ads as it is too wide for my local area. I want to really focus or target local independant entrepreneurs.

I will contact local universities and share my space so students that start a new career as an entrepreneur can join my coworking place.

I plan to advertise on online classified ads, have a meetup event or contact local meetup groups.

I think you really must focus on your target clients. Coworking is a niche market. Can be mom at home, freelancers…

It’s weird because I’ve been years in marketing and advertising (my main job) for companies and for myself I have no clues on how to do marketing for coworking! Simply incredible! Might come with ideas but need your help and advices.

Kyle I’ve visit your site and FB page and I suggest you add pictures of your coworking spaces, desk… so people have an idea where they will work. It’s like selling in real estate, the more nice pictures you have the more they will be interested.

Hi Everyone,

Best,

Kyle

On the topic of photos!

One of the BIGGEST mistakes I see in people promoting coworking is using photos of empty rooms, empty desks, empty chairs.

Not much "collaborative" about an empty space, is there? Most people already have access to an empty desk - and even if they don't, an empty desk is a commodity offering. Show what you've really got:

Show people. Show interaction. Show life. Show people getting shit done. Show people helping each other. Show all of the things that make coworking a improvement over working alone.

My three rules (and a few tricks for getting great photos) are outlined here: Do’s and Dont’s for photos of coworking. | Alex Hillman

And these days I've really been encouraging people to use Instagram more for this stuff! It's amazing for sharing those moments that make people sitting at home or in cafes go "that's where I want to be."

-Alex

-Alex

···

On May 20, 2017, 8:55 AM -0400, whers...@wunsystems.com, wrote:

Hi Kyle, first, congrats on your new space. I would agree with Steve that posting pictures is very important. I held a webinar a couple months back and we invited one of our partners who is an expert in Google analytics. One of the points he mentioned was about posting pictures. If you want to learn more, I am happy to make an intro for you.

> Hi Kyle and congrat on your grand opening of your coworking space.
> Me too I'm in the same situation as you are. I'm ready at 80% with the space (today installation of air conditions...) and will open in mid August.
>
> I will plan visit and pre-enroll in June-July and opening only in mid-Aug as I'm taking my last vacation trip to Hawaii as an employee (still at this time I'm writing) in July (my company free trip), then will be back for the opening and as an entrepreneur (quit job).
>
> I'ts been 2 months since I've started.
>
> I'm also interested as well as Kyle for marketing solutions from experience coworking managers here.
>
> I don't plan to do Facebook ads as it is too wide for my local area. I want to really focus or target local independant entrepreneurs.
> I will contact local universities and share my space so students that start a new career as an entrepreneur can join my coworking place.
>
> I plan to advertise on online classified ads, have a meetup event or contact local meetup groups.
>
> I think you really must focus on your target clients. Coworking is a niche market. Can be mom at home, freelancers...
>
> It's weird because I've been years in marketing and advertising (my main job) for companies and for myself I have no clues on how to do marketing for coworking! Simply incredible! Might come with ideas but need your help and advices.
>
> Kyle I've visit your site and FB page and I suggest you add pictures of your coworking spaces, desk... so people have an idea where they will work. It's like selling in real estate, the more nice pictures you have the more they will be interested.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:25:07 AM UTC-10, Kyle Thibaut wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > First wanted to thank everyone who participates here as you have helped us tremendously while working on our plans to open GoWork.
> >
> > Check us out at www.goworkcowork.com (http://www.goworkcowork.com). If you have any feedback on the site, we would love it.
> >
> > So far we are just getting started but have run both Adwords and Facebook ads to get some awareness going. We've been setting up tours and getting people interested. If anyone has had good luck marketing on FB or Google, we'd love to discuss what works and what doesn't. Diving into both opening a business while marketing it has been challenging but a ton of fun as well.
> >
> > We'll keep you updated on how we're doing and any good ideas that come from our operation.
> >
> > Best,
> > Kyle
> >

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to coworking+...@googlegroups.com (mailto:coworking+...@googlegroups.com).
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.

thanks for all the advice!

I've added some good photos, per all your recommendations!

Next step is to really get some good content going on out there, both on
blog and social.

···

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 6:52:14 AM UTC-7, Alex Hillman wrote:

On the topic of photos!

One of the BIGGEST mistakes I see in people promoting coworking is using
photos of empty rooms, empty desks, empty chairs.

Not much "collaborative" about an empty space, is there? Most people
already have access to an empty desk - and even if they don't, an empty
desk is a commodity offering. Show what you've really got:

Show people. Show interaction. Show life. Show people getting shit done.
Show people helping each other. Show all of the things that make coworking
a improvement over working alone.

My three rules (and a few tricks for getting great photos) are outlined
here:
Do’s and Dont’s for photos of coworking. | Alex Hillman

And these days I've really been encouraging people to use Instagram more
for this stuff! It's amazing for sharing those moments that make people
sitting at home or in cafes go "that's where I want to be."

-Alex

-Alex

On May 20, 2017, 8:55 AM -0400, wher...@wunsystems.com <javascript:>, > wrote:

Hi Kyle, first, congrats on your new space. I would agree with Steve that
posting pictures is very important. I held a webinar a couple months back
and we invited one of our partners who is an expert in Google analytics.
One of the points he mentioned was about posting pictures. If you want to
learn more, I am happy to make an intro for you.

Me too I'm in the same situation as you are. I'm ready at 80% with the
space (today installation of air conditions...) and will open in mid August.

I will plan visit and pre-enroll in June-July and opening only in mid-Aug
as I'm taking my last vacation trip to Hawaii as an employee (still at this
time I'm writing) in July (my company free trip), then will be back for the
opening and as an entrepreneur (quit job).

I'ts been 2 months since I've started.

I'm also interested as well as Kyle for marketing solutions from
experience coworking managers here.

I don't plan to do Facebook ads as it is too wide for my local area. I
want to really focus or target local independant entrepreneurs.
I will contact local universities and share my space so students that
start a new career as an entrepreneur can join my coworking place.

I plan to advertise on online classified ads, have a meetup event or
contact local meetup groups.

I think you really must focus on your target clients. Coworking is a
niche market. Can be mom at home, freelancers...

It's weird because I've been years in marketing and advertising (my main
job) for companies and for myself I have no clues on how to do marketing
for coworking! Simply incredible! Might come with ideas but need your help
and advices.

Kyle I've visit your site and FB page and I suggest you add pictures of
your coworking spaces, desk... so people have an idea where they will work.
It's like selling in real estate, the more nice pictures you have the more
they will be interested.

Hi Everyone,

First wanted to thank everyone who participates here as you have helped
us tremendously while working on our plans to open GoWork.

Check us out at www.goworkcowork.com. If you have any feedback on the
site, we would love it.

So far we are just getting started but have run both Adwords and
Facebook ads to get some awareness going. We've been setting up tours and
getting people interested. If anyone has had good luck marketing on FB or
Google, we'd love to discuss what works and what doesn't. Diving into both
opening a business while marketing it has been challenging but a ton of fun
as well.

We'll keep you updated on how we're doing and any good ideas that come
from our operation.

Best,
Kyle

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to cowork...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout\.

Hey Kyle,

I love to see Michigan coworking spaces open up. Congrats man.

In regards to your comment about what works and doesn’t work on Facebook I have a new project launching this week to address this issue.

We are launching a new long-term Facebook ad campaign for independent coworking spaces that is crowdfunded. We will be testing out different strategies for a specific location each month and share the data with everyone that helps fund it. This will give us independent coworking spaces data with over 150,000 ad impressions. If people chip in $50 they will get all the data. Every $1000 we raise extends the campaign a month.

This will finally answer the questions on which demographics responds to ads, what type of ads people click on, and how to build a cost effective ad strategy so we can confidently spend our marketing dollars.

I’ll post a link in this group when it launches later this week.

Also, I repeat Alex’s advice of adding more photos of people on your website. You are in an important part where you are building the community and you want to attract people that are attracted to working with people.

Thanks for the feedback. Any luck on your ad campaign?

As an update, I’ve pretty much stopped on Facebook and focused it all on Google. It does much better. I wrote 10 different campaigns and multiple ad groups to test what works.

We are still trying to see what works to get more people interested. I think we still need more photos and video to get people excited when checking out the site.

I’ve redone the site again and added many improvements. I’d love to see what y’all think. www.goworkcowork.com

···

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 8:30:26 AM UTC-7, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking wrote:

Hey Kyle,

I love to see Michigan coworking spaces open up. Congrats man.

In regards to your comment about what works and doesn’t work on Facebook I have a new project launching this week to address this issue.

We are launching a new long-term Facebook ad campaign for independent coworking spaces that is crowdfunded. We will be testing out different strategies for a specific location each month and share the data with everyone that helps fund it. This will give us independent coworking spaces data with over 150,000 ad impressions. If people chip in $50 they will get all the data. Every $1000 we raise extends the campaign a month.

This will finally answer the questions on which demographics responds to ads, what type of ads people click on, and how to build a cost effective ad strategy so we can confidently spend our marketing dollars.

I’ll post a link in this group when it launches later this week.

Also, I repeat Alex’s advice of adding more photos of people on your website. You are in an important part where you are building the community and you want to attract people that are attracted to working with people.