Just 3 days left: the best source of cowoking data needs you!

Hey friends,

In case you’re not familiar, each year Carsten from Deskmag spends a couple of months collecting thousands of submissions to the Global Coworking Survey. I’ve personally endorsed this survey and am one of a small number of distribution partners.

The thing is, 2019’s window to be counted in the survey is almost over - THURSDAY Feb 28th is the last day!

After the survey closes, Carsten pores over the data and pulls out the most relevant and valuable insights. He shares them at conferences around the world, and you can read/buy the historical reports (often HUNDREDS of beautiful information packed slides). Here’s some of the ones from the past: Coworking Statistics: All Publishings of the Global Coworking Survey

So, I have two requests for this group, which is one of the largest coworking related groups in the whole world. I want to help Carsten smash his previous survey record of ~2000 responses.

First: take the survey yourself before Thursday. GO HERE > > http://coworkingsurvey.com

There is a version for people who haven’t opened the doors yet, a version for people who have one or more locations, and a version for members too!

*It only takes 10-15 mins to complete, and really makes a difference for our industry. *

**Second: ask your members to take the survey. ** This is the biggest challenge, so hear me out.

The global perspective on coworking is WILDLY skewed by who is talking about it, and frankly, that’s the people running coworking spaces.

What’s really valuable is knowing more about the people who choose coworking spaces. Who thrive in them, and why. But also the people who are frustrated by their options (or lack thereof). People who leave coworking spaces, too.

Asking our members for their time is so difficult and I generally don’t ask our members to participate in most of the coworking surveys that we get sent. **This one is the exception. **

To help you out, I’m sharing the exact message that I sent to OUR members to ask them to participate (and many eagerly did!). You can tweak it, use it, remix it, whatever you like. Anything in the name of the survey!

Thanks for contributing, and inviting your members to do the same.

-Alex

···

Hey friends!
You probably know this isn’t the only coworking space in the world - in fact, there’s a GLOBAL community of people doing the kind of thing we do.
What you might not know is that by being connected to that bigger world, we can often learn more about other communities and even share information and lessons about our community.
This is a pretty special thing (most industries aren’t this open to sharing!) and I would like to share more of with all of you.
One way we can share is the Global Coworking Survey, run by an independent researcher named Carsten. This is actually the largest survey to collect information about the state of coworking on a GLOBAL scale, and it’s been running since 2011!
At recent conferences, and in Carsten’s survey results, there are a lot of coworking operators talking about what it’s like to operate a coworking space. But there are not a whole lot of members talking about their experience.
I’d like your help fixing that!
This Coworking Survey includes a path of questions for members like you. Our community is unique, our coworking experience is unique, and I think it’d be valuable to have our community’s voice represented in the data.
If you’re willing to take 10-15 minutes to participate in the survey, your data could help shape a coworking space in another part of the world, which I think is pretty amazing. **But **the deadline to participate is the end of February, so there’s only a couple of days left.
Also, if you know other people (coworkers, friends, etc) who might want to participate, please feel free to share the link! http://coworkingsurvey.com

I know this is kinda insider-y, but I really appreciate you considering the bigger context of coworking spaces around the world that we are a part of. <3
-Alex

loling pretty hard at “cowoking” whoops damnit

···

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 10:10 AM Alex Hillman [email protected] wrote:

Hey friends,

In case you’re not familiar, each year Carsten from Deskmag spends a couple of months collecting thousands of submissions to the Global Coworking Survey. I’ve personally endorsed this survey and am one of a small number of distribution partners.

The thing is, 2019’s window to be counted in the survey is almost over - THURSDAY Feb 28th is the last day!

After the survey closes, Carsten pores over the data and pulls out the most relevant and valuable insights. He shares them at conferences around the world, and you can read/buy the historical reports (often HUNDREDS of beautiful information packed slides). Here’s some of the ones from the past: http://www.deskmag.com/en/coworking-statistics-all-results-of-the-global-coworking-survey-research-studies-948

So, I have two requests for this group, which is one of the largest coworking related groups in the whole world. I want to help Carsten smash his previous survey record of ~2000 responses.

First: take the survey yourself before Thursday. GO HERE > > http://coworkingsurvey.com

There is a version for people who haven’t opened the doors yet, a version for people who have one or more locations, and a version for members too!

*It only takes 10-15 mins to complete, and really makes a difference for our industry. *

**Second: ask your members to take the survey. ** This is the biggest challenge, so hear me out.

The global perspective on coworking is WILDLY skewed by who is talking about it, and frankly, that’s the people running coworking spaces.

What’s really valuable is knowing more about the people who choose coworking spaces. Who thrive in them, and why. But also the people who are frustrated by their options (or lack thereof). People who leave coworking spaces, too.

Asking our members for their time is so difficult and I generally don’t ask our members to participate in most of the coworking surveys that we get sent. **This one is the exception. **

To help you out, I’m sharing the exact message that I sent to OUR members to ask them to participate (and many eagerly did!). You can tweak it, use it, remix it, whatever you like. Anything in the name of the survey!

-Alex

Hey friends!
You probably know this isn’t the only coworking space in the world - in fact, there’s a GLOBAL community of people doing the kind of thing we do.
What you might not know is that by being connected to that bigger world, we can often learn more about other communities and even share information and lessons about our community.
This is a pretty special thing (most industries aren’t this open to sharing!) and I would like to share more of with all of you.
One way we can share is the Global Coworking Survey, run by an independent researcher named Carsten. This is actually the largest survey to collect information about the state of coworking on a GLOBAL scale, and it’s been running since 2011!
At recent conferences, and in Carsten’s survey results, there are a lot of coworking operators talking about what it’s like to operate a coworking space. But there are not a whole lot of members talking about their experience.
This Coworking Survey includes a path of questions for members like you. Our community is unique, our coworking experience is unique, and I think it’d be valuable to have our community’s voice represented in the data.
If you’re willing to take 10-15 minutes to participate in the survey, your data could help shape a coworking space in another part of the world, which I think is pretty amazing. **But **the deadline to participate is the end of February, so there’s only a couple of days left.
Also, if you know other people (coworkers, friends, etc) who might want to participate, please feel free to share the link! http://coworkingsurvey.com

I know this is kinda insider-y, but I really appreciate you considering the bigger context of coworking spaces around the world that we are a part of. <3
-Alex

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hear hear!

Carsten is doing a great service for the movement by conducting this survey.

Help him make it as great as it can be by adding your voice!

Tony

···

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 11:40 PM Alex Hillman [email protected] wrote:

Hey friends,

After the survey closes, Carsten pores over the data and pulls out the most relevant and valuable insights. He shares them at conferences around the world, and you can read/buy the historical reports (often HUNDREDS of beautiful information packed slides). Here’s some of the ones from the past: http://www.deskmag.com/en/coworking-statistics-all-results-of-the-global-coworking-survey-research-studies-948

-Alex

Hey friends!

-Alex

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I’ve got the survey and it’s utterly invaluable - a great resource that really informs on the state of cowoking (ha, Alex), but also helps me locate myself in the statistics in a meaningful way.

Also helpful is Tony’s information bundle on coworking - another stellar resource (thanks Tony!).

Best,

Trevor