Jelly Flyers?

I would like to organize a Jelly in my community and would like to ask if there are folks out there that have done flyers that help explain a Jelly and what its about. It would be very helpful to me to have an example to design my paperwork from.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Merrie,
I launched the Martinique Workatjelly Coworking in Martinique one year ago and the community is still growing.

We didn’t use flyers to involve people. Even today with the website, the facebook and many the talks and conference in which we take part, many people are (seem to be) “afraid” of the coworking. They usually would like to know “what they will do” in the jelly.

This is why we’ve started the community with our friends (entrepreneurs, freelances, etc.) and then they invited their friends. At the early begining we were 6 and now we are an average of 15 to 20 people on each coworking day (we were 24 once but my home is to small for this !).

I just wanted to tell you that perhaps you should focus your energy to convince your friends entrepreneurs to come (with their friends). Otherwise the website of the workatjelly is pretty clear : http://workatjelly.com

Hope it will help.

Best,

Steve

···

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:36:30 PM UTC-4, Merrie Schonbach wrote:

I would like to organize a Jelly in my community and would like to ask if there are folks out there that have done flyers that help explain a Jelly and what its about. It would be very helpful to me to have an example to design my paperwork from.

Thank you in advance!

+1, excellent advice.

···

/ah

betterwork.co

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Steve Bercy [email protected] wrote:

Hi Merrie,
I launched the Martinique Workatjelly Coworking in Martinique one year ago and the community is still growing.

We didn’t use flyers to involve people. Even today with the website, the facebook and many the talks and conference in which we take part, many people are (seem to be) “afraid” of the coworking. They usually would like to know “what they will do” in the jelly.

This is why we’ve started the community with our friends (entrepreneurs, freelances, etc.) and then they invited their friends. At the early begining we were 6 and now we are an average of 15 to 20 people on each coworking day (we were 24 once but my home is to small for this !).

I just wanted to tell you that perhaps you should focus your energy to convince your friends entrepreneurs to come (with their friends). Otherwise the website of the workatjelly is pretty clear : http://workatjelly.com

Hope it will help.

Best,

Steve

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:36:30 PM UTC-4, Merrie Schonbach wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Merrie,

I think Steve’s advice to focus on getting your “doer” and independent friends to come is a great idea. If you don’t have the network of friends yet, get out to some events: maker fairs, robotics fairs, design meet-ups, talks, etc… Meet people there and let them know what you are up to. Most are really interested in the idea. A few of the people I met at gatherings like that were actually the first people to come to our Jellies. I’ve become friends with them over time as well! After I knew a few people who were interested I just created a Facebook event from my personal page and invited them. I didn’t want to wait to have a formal page etc… JFDI and all that good stuff :wink:

That being said. A flyer has been on my well intentioned list of things I wanted to make for our Jellies. I finally made one but have yet to put them up. I know, I know… Anyway. Here it is. I thought the stark simplicity would be a great eye catcher on a community board. Also I’m kind of proud of my simple illustration of what a Jelly is. Feel free to critique. I’d love the feedback. Hopefully this helps, Merrie. :slight_smile:

Job

···

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:36:30 AM UTC-9, Merrie Schonbach wrote:

Thank you in advance!

So sorry for taking so long to reply, my notification was not on, thank you all for the great advice and help.

···

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:36:30 PM UTC-5, Merrie Schonbach wrote:

Thank you in advance!