Introduction - coworking for moms, dads & kids in Brazil

Hello everyone!

I’m from Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I have been building community to start a coworking space for parents and children for some ten months now.

I came to this group through the book Coworking: Building Community as a Space Catalyst
by Angel Kwiatkowski and Beth Buczynski, and I’m glad I did!

I was desperate about writing my business plan, then I found a post with a link to Alex Hillman’s article on “How To Fund Your Coworking Space” and it put my mind at ease to focus on continuing to build community.

We’re considering forming some kind of association to start the space, either with members paying a monthly fee or an annual fee so that we have the funds to get the space started.

I appreciate any tips and ideas - and also any information on similar spaces (i.e. for kids and families).

I’m eager to learn a lot from you guys!

Carina

www.casadeviver.com.br

Hi Carina,

It’s great that you are starting the community first. I have been studying this model of coworking + childcare for quite some time as it makes sense and seems like a good idea. However, to date, I haven’t found anywhere in the world that is doing this and making a profit yet. Supplying high quality childcare is expensive in many countries.

If I were you, I would be very sure about what your community wants, what they will pay for and exactly how much they will pay before you make financial commitments. If you can set up your space through crowdfunding or prepayments, that would be the best indicator that people are prepared to pay.

Best of luck,

Susan

Hi, Carina!
I’ve writed about coworking for moms a couple weeks ago. It would be great to complete this post with your story. Can I?

http://www.movebla.com/3368/coworking-criancas/

best,

anderson

···

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Carina Lucindo Borrego [email protected] wrote:

Hello everyone!

I’m from Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I have been building community to start a coworking space for parents and children for some ten months now.

I came to this group through the book Coworking: Building Community as a Space Catalyst

I was desperate about writing my business plan, then I found a post with a link to Alex Hillman’s article on “How To Fund Your Coworking Space” and it put my mind at ease to focus on continuing to build community.

We’re considering forming some kind of association to start the space, either with members paying a monthly fee or an annual fee so that we have the funds to get the space started.

I appreciate any tips and ideas - and also any information on similar spaces (i.e. for kids and families).

Carina

www.casadeviver.com.br

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Anderson Costa
11 994097054
@andersoncosta | @movebla

Hi Anderson!
I’d love to be featured in your story!

Please contact me at [email protected]

Best,

Carina

···

Em segunda-feira, 10 de novembro de 2014 15h26min16s UTC-2, Anderson Costa escreveu:

Hi, Carina!
I’ve writed about coworking for moms a couple weeks ago. It would be great to complete this post with your story. Can I?

http://www.movebla.com/3368/coworking-criancas/

best,

anderson

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Carina Lucindo Borrego [email protected] wrote:

Hello everyone!

Carina

www.casadeviver.com.br

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Anderson Costa
11 994097054
@andersoncosta | @movebla

Hi Susan,

Thank you for sharing your view on this.

We are thinking of alternative forms of childcare, such as sharing care among parents in shifts, which will lower our costs and is an alternative accepted by our current community.

If you have the contacts of owners of coworking + childcare spaces, I’d love to share experiences with them!

Best,

Carina

···

Em terça-feira, 4 de novembro de 2014 08h44min42s UTC-2, Susan Jones escreveu:

Hi Carina,

It’s great that you are starting the community first. I have been studying this model of coworking + childcare for quite some time as it makes sense and seems like a good idea. However, to date, I haven’t found anywhere in the world that is doing this and making a profit yet. Supplying high quality childcare is expensive in many countries.

If I were you, I would be very sure about what your community wants, what they will pay for and exactly how much they will pay before you make financial commitments. If you can set up your space through crowdfunding or prepayments, that would be the best indicator that people are prepared to pay.

Best of luck,

Susan

That sounds like a good way to go Carina.
I’m looking forward to seeing what you put together.

Olá Carina, caí aqui de paraquedas, estava fazendo um post no meu face sobre educação infantil e espaços coworking para familias. Tenho uma casa de 1200 m2 na Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro e quero muito torná-la um espaço igual ao seu. Podemos conversar?
bjs

Dani

···

Em domingo, 2 de novembro de 2014 16:27:52 UTC-2, Carina Lucindo Borrego escreveu:

Hello everyone!

Carina

www.casadeviver.com.br