Introduction and Broker/Referral Question

Hey all,

I’m new to this group and somewhat new to co-working so am happy to find this resource! I’ve just joined a firm that’s planning to open a co-working space in New Orleans. Does anyone have any experience working with brokers or with broker referral programs? I’d also be curious about your experience with successful (or not so successful) member referral programs.

Thanks, Pam

We work with brokers more so on the private office side, we have to offer same as Regus, being 10% of the annual contract. (Usually maxed out at 12 months) We used to offer 1 months rent as comission, but tough to offer less than a main competitor. Not sure if its worth their time on Co-Working space… maybe the younger guys.

···

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 11:34:13 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

Hey all,

I’m new to this group and somewhat new to co-working so am happy to find this resource! I’ve just joined a firm that’s planning to open a co-working space in New Orleans. Does anyone have any experience working with brokers or with broker referral programs? I’d also be curious about your experience with successful (or not so successful) member referral programs.

Thanks, Pam

Mark, what % of your members are from brokers? Do members also get a discount for referring, or not. What % of your members are referred total (not just word of mouth or online reviews, but "I learned about you through Sara"

We have a referral program designed by our members (which enough members very much wanted, and no one very much didn't want), it's about 6 months old and gets used less than I'd like: 12% of members since then were referred, and all at our newest location.

How else do you get members? (If you could add whether or not you make enough from coworking to pay yourself and other people full-time, that'd be helpful to see what works.)

Thanks Mark

···

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 6:06:39 PM UTC-5, Mark Gordon wrote:

We work with brokers more so on the private office side, we have to offer same as Regus, being 10% of the annual contract. (Usually maxed out at 12 months) We used to offer 1 months rent as comission, but tough to offer less than a main competitor. Not sure if its worth their time on Co-Working space… maybe the younger guys.

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 11:34:13 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

Hey all,

Thanks, Pam