How to know a coworking space locally

Hello. I have a coworking space in Quebec City which is away from downtown. I am looking for new ideas to market locally and thus recruit more regular members.

It is, more specifically, the small commercial building with my father I quietly rebuke. I hold for the moment the basement.

The advantages of my co-working space are:

• Warm atmosphere (that’s what people say)

• Situté next to a primary school. So balancing family and work for self-employed and start-cartier entrepreneurs. Children sometimes come to join their parents to leave home later

• Coaching and Mentoring for Free regular members

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• Events: These are small events that brings together 20 people max. People come from all over Quebec. It allows you to know otherwise. I made also with local contractors.

• Jelly Day (free for autonomous upon Workers) http://jellyquebec.com/

• Provide Web Visibility (blog, social media, etc.) and mentoring for regular members

• Contact local newspapers to talk about my coworking space - what worked

Do you have any other ideas?

(Sorry for my English. I’m not 100% bilingual)

Hi Kim,
Bonjour!

Here are a few things that will help from a marketing/optics standpoint:

Change every picture on your site to include real live people.

If you are marketing it as a coworking space, move the marketing services (web design, graphics, etc) to another page or market them via your company that does this. If they are the same, you will cause some confusion. Under Services you then could list, Space to work, meet, learn, etc

Add a english version on the site for those not using a browser with translation tools.

You could partner with a coffee shop in the downtown to run an Open Coffee Club, startup Drinks, ‘trepMixer, etc.

Events are always a good way to introduce folks to your space/vision.

Peace,

L’Espace Créatif!

Chad Ballantyne

ch…@thecreativespace.ca

Barrie’s Coworking Community

Perfect for small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs.

12 Dunlop St E, Barrie Ontario, L4M 1A3

Memberships start at $25/mth

www.thecreativespace.ca

705-812-0689

···

On Mar 14, 2015, at 6:55 AM, Kim Auclair [email protected] wrote:

Hello. I have a coworking space in Quebec City which is away from downtown. I am looking for new ideas to market locally and thus recruit more regular members.

It is, more specifically, the small commercial building with my father I quietly rebuke. I hold for the moment the basement.

www.niviti.com/espace

• Situté next to a primary school. So balancing family and work for self-employed and start-cartier entrepreneurs. Children sometimes come to join their parents to leave home later

• Events: These are small events that brings together 20 people max. People come from all over Quebec. It allows you to know otherwise. I made also with local contractors.
  • Provide Web Visibility (blog, social media, etc.) and mentoring for regular members

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you very much for your advice. I’ll think about that. I love your ideas.

···

Le samedi 14 mars 2015 10:45:24 UTC-4, creativespace a écrit :

Hi Kim,
Bonjour!

If you are marketing it as a coworking space, move the marketing services (web design, graphics, etc) to another page or market them via your company that does this. If they are the same, you will cause some confusion. Under Services you then could list, Space to work, meet, learn, etc

Add a english version on the site for those not using a browser with translation tools.

You could partner with a coffee shop in the downtown to run an Open Coffee Club, startup Drinks, ‘trepMixer, etc.

Peace,

L’Espace Créatif!

Chad Ballantyne

ch…@thecreativespace.ca

www.thecreativespace.ca

705-812-0689

www.niviti.com/espace

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

Salut Kim!

In addition to what you’re already doing and Chad’s great ideas, I would also recommend:

• do some traditional promotion tactics - yesterday we opened a new Camaraderie location in La Prairie, QC, and those who came in for a tour received the postcard that we mailed out, so maybe your neighbours will also be receptive to receiving traditional mail
  • get out of your space to entice people to visit your space - offer to speak at the local cégep about entrepreneurship, attend tech and small business events, organise a day when you and your members can do something visible in the community (like an Earth Day clean up and supply the garbage bags and invite volunteers to come back to the coworking space afterwards for hot chocolate)
  • sponsor a business event or conference - you can even offer an exchange where you help with promotion for the event to get your name listed as a sponsor
  • let your members be the focus of your media interviews - keep talking with local media and when possible have your members be interviewed and they can talk about how working in the space has benefited them

r.

···

We’re located at 2241 Dundas St W, 3rd floor

(between Bloor and Roncesvalles)

Find us online:

Website/blog and Newsletter, Twitter,

Facebook, Google+, Yelp, and LinkedIn

New Camaraderie locations:

La Prairie (Quebec) - now open

Port Credit (Mississauga) - summer 2015

We’re a proud member of CoworkingToronto,

CoworkingOntario, and CoworkingCanada!

On 14 March 2015 at 10:45, Chad Ballantyne [email protected] wrote:

Hi Kim,
Bonjour!

Peace,

L’Espace Créatif!

Chad Ballantyne

ch…@thecreativespace.ca

www.thecreativespace.ca

705-812-0689

www.niviti.com/espace

Merci Rachel pour ces recommandations. J’ai récemment contacté la ville de Beauport pour qu’ils fassent une visite, le député de la ville et distribué des dépliants ( marketing traditionnel ). J’organise beaucoup de déjeuner-causerie. Je suis encore seule dans la gestion de toutes ces activités alors je dois le limiter. Ça avance toutefois et je suis très contente des résultats. Je te tiens au courant

Bravo pour l’ouverture à La Prairie. Wow.

···

Find us online:

Hi Kim,
Bonjour!

Peace,

L’Espace Créatif!

Chad Ballantyne

ch…@thecreativespace.ca

<TheCreativeSpace-door-decal.png>

www.thecreativespace.ca

705-812-0689

www.niviti.com/espace

Merci. Il était difficile d’ouvrir un espace de loin, et en français. Mais nous sommes ouverts, et mon employé est incroyable - et bilingue!

Bon de voir que vous avez contacté vos représentants de la ville et distribué des dépliants. Ce est dur d’être la seule personne. Peut-être un de vos membres peut vous aider à planifier des événements? Ou peut-être que vous pouvez offrir une bourse de travail pour quelqu’un pour vous aider et vous offre l’utilisation gratuite de l’espace? La pire chose à faire dans coworking est de l’essayer seul.

r.

···

On 17 March 2015 at 16:30, Kim Auclair [email protected] wrote:

Merci Rachel pour ces recommandations. J’ai récemment contacté la ville de Beauport pour qu’ils fassent une visite, le député de la ville et distribué des dépliants ( marketing traditionnel ). J’organise beaucoup de déjeuner-causerie. Je suis encore seule dans la gestion de toutes ces activités alors je dois le limiter. Ça avance toutefois et je suis très contente des résultats. Je te tiens au courant

Le 2015-03-17 à 13:50, rachel young [email protected] a écrit :

Salut Kim!

In addition to what you’re already doing and Chad’s great ideas, I would also recommend:

• do some traditional promotion tactics - yesterday we opened a new Camaraderie location in La Prairie, QC, and those who came in for a tour received the postcard that we mailed out, so maybe your neighbours will also be receptive to receiving traditional mail
  • get out of your space to entice people to visit your space - offer to speak at the local cégep about entrepreneurship, attend tech and small business events, organise a day when you and your members can do something visible in the community (like an Earth Day clean up and supply the garbage bags and invite volunteers to come back to the coworking space afterwards for hot chocolate)
  • sponsor a business event or conference - you can even offer an exchange where you help with promotion for the event to get your name listed as a sponsor
  • let your members be the focus of your media interviews - keep talking with local media and when possible have your members be interviewed and they can talk about how working in the space has benefited them

r.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/coworking/06jFN-0XOnQ/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

Find us online:

Find us online:

Hi Kim,
Bonjour!

Peace,

L’Espace Créatif!

Chad Ballantyne

ch…@thecreativespace.ca

www.thecreativespace.ca

705-812-0689

www.niviti.com/espace

J’ai de l’aide de ma famille, car c’est la bâtisse à mon père. Ils m’aident pour l’organisation des événements. Je pourrais effectivement demander plus d’aide des locataires actuels, ou de leur demander d’imaginer un événement à leur couleur. C’est une bonne idée.

Pour ce qui est d’offrir une bourse à une personne ou engager une personne à temps plein, je regarde cela d’ici un mois. C’est la prochaine étape. Mon entreprise va très bien et ça me permet de financer l’espace de coworking.

···

On 17 March 2015 at 16:30, Kim Auclair [email protected] wrote:

Le 2015-03-17 à 13:50, rachel young [email protected] a écrit :

Salut Kim!

r.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/coworking/06jFN-0XOnQ/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

Find us online:

Find us online:

Hi Kim,
Bonjour!

Peace,

L’Espace Créatif!

Chad Ballantyne

ch…@thecreativespace.ca

www.thecreativespace.ca

705-812-0689

www.niviti.com/espace