How many private offices can a coworking space support until it turns into an executive suite?

From a business perspective private offices are great. They are easier to sell because people get what they are, they still command high rents, and it’s a more stable customer base then month-to-month coworking plans. I get why in Denver and across the nation more ‘coworking’ spaces are adding private offices. I even added a small second location that is mostly made up of private offices because people were requesting it and it will transition this year to adding more coworking memberships. I think we have done an OK job of keeping it a coworking like environment, but not great.

My question: When do you think a spaces turns into a cool new executive suite like WeWork versus being a coworking space? Is there a rough line that we can use to measure it?

Can a space that is 95% private offices still be considered a coworking space based on our core 5 values?

Cohere has almost 50% of square footage dedicated to offices. I think we pull it off by doing a few things:
-being real clear about what/who we are when we try to find members for private offices

-you have to pass by many of our offices to get to the shared spaces (coworking, kitchen, restroom and conference rooms). this is huge

-I make the rounds every morning I’m in and visit all the office members. If they have laptops, they are always always welcome to come upstairs to cowork and they do. So fun.

-our private office members are MORE likely to attend our social events since they get less day to day interaction

···

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 10:30:36 AM UTC-6, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking wrote:

From a business perspective private offices are great. They are easier to sell because people get what they are, they still command high rents, and it’s a more stable customer base then month-to-month coworking plans. I get why in Denver and across the nation more ‘coworking’ spaces are adding private offices. I even added a small second location that is mostly made up of private offices because people were requesting it and it will transition this year to adding more coworking memberships. I think we have done an OK job of keeping it a coworking like environment, but not great.

My question: When do you think a spaces turns into a cool new executive suite like WeWork versus being a coworking space? Is there a rough line that we can use to measure it?

Can a space that is 95% private offices still be considered a coworking space based on our core 5 values?