Help Us With Our Survey on Coworking and Networking

Emergent Research and the Global Coworking Unconference Conference (GCUC) are partnering on a survey looking at how people work in coworking spaces and the roles networks and networking play in the coworking experience. The results will be made public and released at the GCUC conference in May.

We need your help in getting coworkers to take the survey.

Based on the results from this survey and some follow-up interview work, we hope to quantify how coworking members benefit from the networking opportunities available to them through membership in a coworking space.

We think this information will be very useful is showing that being part of coworking community has a strong value proposition that goes way beyond simply the value of office infrastructure.

While we cannot guarantee the survey results will be positive, prior work on coworking and networking (ours and the work of others) lead us to believe it’s likely we will get positive results. And even if we don’t, we’ll still get interesting and useful data.

We need at least 500 respondents for this survey to valid and closer to 1000 would be much better, so we need your help recruiting your members. Also, since coworking owners, managers and people who work for coworking spaces also work IN coworking spaces, they too should take the survey.

The survey can be found here.

Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

[email protected]

Published in 21 social networks and sent to our 203 coworkers. We will also include it in the Betacowork newsletter that goes out next week to 2.4k people.

Looking forward to see the see the results, although I will miss GCUC this year :frowning:

Good luck,

Ramon
Author :coworkinghandbook.com

You’re in What we’re Talking About on the Wiki and on the Coworking Blog.

Shared! Go Steve go! :slight_smile:

S

···

__
Office Nomads
officenomads.com

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:01 AM, Jeannine [email protected] wrote:

You’re in What we’re Talking About on the Wiki and on the Coworking Blog.

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Steve,

Is this focused on the U.S. / North American market, or do you also want international locations?

Best,

Will

···

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 12:59:14 AM UTC+1, Steve King wrote:

Emergent Research and the Global Coworking Unconference Conference (GCUC) are partnering on a survey looking at how people work in coworking spaces and the roles networks and networking play in the coworking experience. The results will be made public and released at the GCUC conference in May.

We need your help in getting coworkers to take the survey.

Based on the results from this survey and some follow-up interview work, we hope to quantify how coworking members benefit from the networking opportunities available to them through membership in a coworking space.

We think this information will be very useful is showing that being part of coworking community has a strong value proposition that goes way beyond simply the value of office infrastructure.

While we cannot guarantee the survey results will be positive, prior work on coworking and networking (ours and the work of others) lead us to believe it’s likely we will get positive results. And even if we don’t, we’ll still get interesting and useful data.

We need at least 500 respondents for this survey to valid and closer to 1000 would be much better, so we need your help recruiting your members. Also, since coworking owners, managers and people who work for coworking spaces also work IN coworking spaces, they too should take the survey.

The survey can be found here.

Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

[email protected]

Everyone: Thanks for the help.

Will: Happy to have anyone, anywhere in the world who is a coworking member respond.

Passed it along to my coworkers. Rock on, Steve!

···

On Saturday, February 28, 2015, Steve King [email protected] wrote:

Everyone: Thanks for the help.

Will: Happy to have anyone, anywhere in the world who is a coworking member respond.

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Blog

***+ Keep in touch: ****TwitterFacebook *********

**+ Projects: **New Work CityCoworking NYC MeetupNYTM

**+ Travel: **NYC now-2/27 • Boulder 2/27~3/9 • NYC 3/9-?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I just tabulated some early results from the survey. By far the top answer so far to our attitudinal questions about coworking is “I’m happier because I’m coworking.”

Other survey answers support this and point to coworking having a substantial positive impact on the social lives of members.

Dear Steve,

Interesting survey. I hope to launch a new co-working space in London, would you be able to forward your early survey results to my email. It would be very helpful ad I would be very grateful for the help.

Thanks

Matt

[email protected]

···

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 7:33:20 PM UTC, Steve King wrote:

I just tabulated some early results from the survey. By far the top answer so far to our attitudinal questions about coworking is “I’m happier because I’m coworking.”

Other survey answers support this and point to coworking having a substantial positive impact on the social lives of members.

Matt:

We’ll have the results in May and they will be made public, so you will be able to use them as you see fit.

Steve