HELP Needed-- Success Stories and data on Private coworking space and city officials partnering together

Hi Everyone,

HIVE44 Business Center is located Fenton Mo. in St. Louis County. We have been open for almost 3 years, we have had ups and downs, but we are holding strong!

We are the 1st and only coworking/shared workspace in the county. There are are 5 Independent like us in the city, however St. Louis City funds their own incubator which they are currently opening a coworking center too…ANYWAY…I have finally persuaded a city official to OPEN their Minds to the opportunity that they have by having a private coworking center, how they can use it to benefit the community, to become the only city in St. Louis County that has a coworking business center. I do not want money from the city, I need no funding from ANY government official/ department. We have become successful and continue to grow. What I want is their support, to promote HIVE44 as the City of Fenton Business Center.

I would like to get any information, success stories, links to news articles you may know of and any ideas of how coworking and cities work together for economic growth of their community…

Any past archived topic of discussion would help too!!

Here’s a post I shared recently with tips for working with govt (really they’re useful for any kind of collaborations but are especially useful for the kinds of challenges you run into with institutions.

http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2014/05/5-ways-to-succeed-when-collaborating-with-your-local-government/

There are a few links in there as well that include success stories.

-Alex

···

/ah

betterwork.co

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Cheryl Jaycox [email protected] wrote:

Hi Everyone,

HIVE44 Business Center is located Fenton Mo. in St. Louis County. We have been open for almost 3 years, we have had ups and downs, but we are holding strong!

We are the 1st and only coworking/shared workspace in the county. There are are 5 Independent like us in the city, however St. Louis City funds their own incubator which they are currently opening a coworking center too…ANYWAY…I have finally persuaded a city official to OPEN their Minds to the opportunity that they have by having a private coworking center, how they can use it to benefit the community, to become the only city in St. Louis County that has a coworking business center. I do not want money from the city, I need no funding from ANY government official/ department. We have become successful and continue to grow. What I want is their support, to promote HIVE44 as the City of Fenton Business Center.

I would like to get any information, success stories, links to news articles you may know of and any ideas of how coworking and cities work together for economic growth of their community…

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Alex,

As always I am thankful for you and your advice! Thank you…I think have “Done You Proud” with the coworking space I have developed into a successful venture after following you and your advice.After 3 years, I look back and wished I had had the sense to take more of it…A lot of lessons learned… It was your weekly newsletter and this Group that you always seem to have time for and all the other ways I “stalked” you and Indy Hall that help bring it all together and realize things about my community that I was building. It is not for the weak at heart…LOL! . …But I LOVE it!!! It is all mine ( No investors, no funding) and my husband and I work like crazy, but we look at each other after a long day and laugh…“We could never have this much fun owning / running any other business…”

PS: We began with 2,000 sq ft and now we are at 15,000 sq ft , now offering storage, private offices, meeting and auditorium…

Thank you again for the links…

Cheryl J

HIVE44 Business Coworking Center

Fenton, Mo. (St. Louis)

···

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:03:16 AM UTC-5, Alex Hillman wrote:

Here’s a post I shared recently with tips for working with govt (really they’re useful for any kind of collaborations but are especially useful for the kinds of challenges you run into with institutions.

http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2014/05/5-ways-to-succeed-when-collaborating-with-your-local-government/

There are a few links in there as well that include success stories.

-Alex

/ah
indyhall.org
betterwork.co

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Cheryl Jaycox [email protected] wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Coworking” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.